IGNORED

Kirkland (Costco) Premium Golf Ball

Note: This thread is 1514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 hours ago, 1badbadger said:

This probably seems a bit excessive then....

1233338_716430581717088_1390158968_n_b.jpg.77babb49552411748da2f80b59bcdf65.jpg

:banana:

just a tad...Get a good deal?

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

30 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I think he said he worked for Bridgestone. 

At least with that many balls, you could use some for range balls or shag bag. Itd be perfect for that. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

57 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

24 minutes ago, phillyk said:

I think he said he worked for Bridgestone. 

At least with that many balls, you could use some for range balls or shag bag. Itd be perfect for that. 

Yeah, those are actually balls I give away...

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

6 hours ago, 1badbadger said:

Excessive, might not even describe it haha.  No one can ever say you don't have any balls!

Edited by Denny Bang Bang
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, MuniGrit said:

People are driving a long ways burning gas to get them.

You're forgetting how cheap gas is at Costco! :-P

Remember, you have to be a Costco member to buy them, so it's not like people are going to a store they wouldn't go to anyway.

Snell MTB and Vice are both inexpensive compared to the Pro V, but the Kirkland's are still cheaper.

I think some of the "hype" was due to the initial indication that this would be a disruption of the golf ball market as a whole...but it turned out to be a more temporary arrangement.

- John

I'll preface this by saying this is probably bad data, coming from someone like me.

But, when I play the K-Sig it feels softer than the ProV1. I've had a couple sleeves of ProV1's I've tossed into my mix and it always seems like a hard hit, especially off my driver. It also doesn't seem to go as far (the ProV1). This could be bogus though, and I'm just mis-hitting or the ball just makes a different sound. But the K-Sig feels like pudding to me. I love it.

I have a new pack of a dozen ProV1's I'll bust out this week and do side by side, mostly for my personal benefit.

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

10 hours ago, 1badbadger said:

And some people feel bad taking just a pen or paperclips home from work ... 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

On 4/18/2017 at 8:04 AM, 1badbadger said:

Yeah, those are actually balls I give away...

umm...  do you need my address?:whistle:

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

On 4/18/2017 at 10:07 AM, Hardspoon said:

You're forgetting how cheap gas is at Costco! :-P

Remember, you have to be a Costco member to buy them, so it's not like people are going to a store they wouldn't go to anyway.

You don't have to be a member to buy the K-Sig balls.   They just tack on a small service fee.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Response from COSTCO when I inquired when Kirkland Signature golf balls will return:

As you may have read, this is the most asked about item we've carried in quite some time. The unfortunate part of this whole Kirkland Signature golf ball phenomenon is that our supplier isn't equipped to handle the volume of sales the ball is generating right now.

The reason we ran out-of-stock so quickly when they were first released, and then again more recently, is because their operation just doesn't have the manpower to produce the ball as quickly as it sells. When it was first introduced, we actually oversold the product by a few thousands cases and it took us awhile to finish fulfilling all those backorders.

Currently, we're working with them to try and expand their facility and output capacity, but still don't have a real specific ETA on when we can begin carrying the balls on a very consistent and universal basis. We've been told that it will be soon, but they've not provided a precise time frame just yet.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you in any way.

So, I think the actual question here is, how to these balls compare to the top end balls? .

For Example, On Golf Digest's hot list has them as Gold rating and 5-stars in performance, feel, and innovation ---but, in the $25 dollar and under section--..   Well, duh.   any 4-piece urethane cover ball is rate extraordinarily well when compared to a 2-piece Pinnicle or Top Flight.  

The problem with their silly ratings is that they don't compare cross category.  where would they rate when compared to higher end balls?   

If I can find a box of these for $30, am I still getting a good deal, because they play and feel like a $45/box Bridgestone?  or is this not a good deal and going out of my way to do too much work because they play and feel like a $35/box Titleist NXT Tour? 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

59 minutes ago, lastings said:

So, I think the actual question here is, how to these balls compare to the top end balls? .

For Example, On Golf Digest's hot list has them as Gold rating and 5-stars in performance, feel, and innovation ---but, in the $25 dollar and under section--..   Well, duh.   any 4-piece urethane cover ball is rate extraordinarily well when compared to a 2-piece Pinnicle or Top Flight.  

The problem with their silly ratings is that they don't compare cross category.  where would they rate when compared to higher end balls?   

If I can find a box of these for $30, am I still getting a good deal, because they play and feel like a $45/box Bridgestone?  or is this not a good deal and going out of my way to do too much work because they play and feel like a $35/box Titleist NXT Tour?

This is an extremely small sampling, but the two balls that I've found and occasionally use work every bit as well as my Pro-V1 balls. They feel different to the touch, but behave more or less the same.

Of course I think the B330RX and E6 also behave the same as the Pro-V1 for my game. :-D

My one and only Eagle was with my Bridgestone backup ball. Now, that ball is on my shelf.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

1 minute ago, Lihu said:

This is an extremely small sampling, but the two balls that I've found and occasionally use work every bit as well as my Pro-V1 balls. They feel different to the touch, but behave more or less the same.

Of course I think the B330RX and E6 also behave the same as the Pro-V1 for my game. :-D

My one and only Eagle was with my Bridgestone backup ball. Now, that ball is on my shelf.

On greens that roll 12 to 14 and are hard, are where I find that ProV1s behave different/better than other balls.  I haven't tried the kirkland balls but I'd like to try the comparison on those hard, fast greens.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

2 minutes ago, phillyk said:

On greens that roll 12 to 14 and are hard, are where I find that ProV1s behave different/better than other balls.  I haven't tried the kirkland balls but I'd like to try the comparison on those hard, fast greens.

That's totally possible. The greens I play are at most 10, and usually 8 to 10. Maybe, I'll give all these balls some play at Goose Creek in a couple weeks, or at least on the practice greens.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Came across a Kirkland ball in my range bucket yesterday.  Thought about pocketing it as a keepsake (seeing that at this rate I may never come across one again), but decided to test it out with a driver rip instead.  After careful analysis, the Kirkland ball hooked into the side net just as low & hard as the Pro V's do.

• Upvote 2

- Bill

5 minutes ago, Let it Fly said:

Came across a Kirkland ball in my range bucket yesterday.  Thought about pocketing it as a keepsake (seeing that at this rate I may never come across one again), but decided to test it out with a driver rip instead.  After careful analysis, the Kirkland ball hooked into the side net just as low & hard as the Pro V's do.

There you go. There's no point in comparing the two on good shots, even a cheap top flight would end up in the fairway on good shots. :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

1 minute ago, Lihu said:

There you go. There's no point in comparing the two on good shots, even a cheap top flight would end up in the fairway on good shots. :-D

Play for the miss, right? I think I've read that somewhere around here haha.

• Upvote 1

- Bill

4 hours ago, OSSO BUCCO said:

Response from COSTCO when I inquired when Kirkland Signature golf balls will return:

As you may have read, this is the most asked about item we've carried in quite some time. The unfortunate part of this whole Kirkland Signature golf ball phenomenon is that our supplier isn't equipped to handle the volume of sales the ball is generating right now.

The reason we ran out-of-stock so quickly when they were first released, and then again more recently, is because their operation just doesn't have the manpower to produce the ball as quickly as it sells. When it was first introduced, we actually oversold the product by a few thousands cases and it took us awhile to finish fulfilling all those backorders.

Currently, we're working with them to try and expand their facility and output capacity, but still don't have a real specific ETA on when we can begin carrying the balls on a very consistent and universal basis. We've been told that it will be soon, but they've not provided a precise time frame just yet.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you in any way.

So Costco is putting up their money to expand their facility and increase their production rate?  That could be a very expensive and involved project.  It's probably not a situation where they just need to hire a couple more guys and they will be good-to-go.  Even with the man-power in place, they still might not have the capability to pump out balls fast enough.

There are other ball plants that I'm sure could handle that volume without having to do too much...why are they dinking around with trying to upgrade this place when the could be back in action sooner?

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

Note: This thread is 1514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!