Sign in to follow this  
Brad W

Kirkland (Costco) Premium Golf Ball?

573 posts / 63201 viewsLast Reply

3 hours ago, jkelley9 said:

From what I've read (in this thread) it looks like Costco isn't greedy when it goes to their margins. They almost conduct their business like a "not-for-profit" company, except they set a (relatively low) margin and stick to it, across the board.

Just what I've read. I haven't verified any of that.

I think this is true, I bought the Callaway Hex Chrome balls for a while years ago. Pallets of them disappeared within a week or so, but the price was always fixed.

The one Kirkland Premium ball I found is pretty decent. I'll probably use it for a couple more rounds until I lose it or something. . .good ball, but I wouldn't say it's that much better or worse than a Pro-V1x, Project(a) or any other premium ball.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

As for why it was not showing up on the site for a little while,

Looks like at one point they might have thought the vendor wasn't going to release any more.  From a post on another forum.

I sent Costco an email asking about the K Sig. Here's their response...

Thank you for contacting Costco.com. There are two kinds of out of stock that happen on our website, one where its completely out of stock and removed from our website, and cases like this. Where it states sold out on the item page, it means we are talking to the vendor to see how many more they will release to us. Unfortunately, the vendors do not let us know when they will be releasing more of these items. We tell our members to check back frequently, as our website is real time and inventory is updated frequently. We appreciate you being a Costco member and we appreciate your business.

Thank you,

Corey W
Member Service Center
Costco Wholesale Corporation
Edited by baller7345

5 hours ago, jkelley9 said:

From what I've read (in this thread) it looks like Costco isn't greedy when it goes to their margins.

I doubt if it's anything so esoteric as 'greedy'.  Simply put, they have a business model that they consider works for them and they stick to it.  I'd likely attribute this to a good focus on long term viability over short term gains rather than anything subjectively or socially arbitrary as a particular definition of greed.

AFAIK, it does work, at least every Costco I've been to has been packed.

9 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

I doubt if it's anything so esoteric as 'greedy'.  Simply put, they have a business model that they consider works for them and they stick to it.  I'd likely attribute this to a good focus on long term viability over short term gains rather than anything subjectively or socially arbitrary as a particular definition of greed.

AFAIK, it does work, at least every Costco I've been to has been packed.

Yeah, I think they'll stick with the low margin, high volume model.  It's worked for them for a long time.

costco chart.PNG

15 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

Yeah, I think they'll stick with the low margin, high volume model.  It's worked for them for a long time.

costco chart.PNG

The charge a membership fee and have a large membership which gives them an advantage over most of their competition.  In order to maintain that membership they must continue to offer quality products at prices that encourage people to renew  their membership and attract new members.    

5 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

The charge a membership fee and have a large membership which gives them an advantage over most of their competition.  In order to maintain that membership they must continue to offer quality products at prices that encourage people to renew  their membership and attract new members.    

So pull me in to the store for a box of golf balls and I leave with a 65 inch curv TV and a container of Mango Peach Salsa

On November 22, 2016 at 11:08 AM, rehmwa said:

So pull me in to the store for a box of golf balls and I leave with a 65 inch curv TV and a container of Mango Peach Salsa

Which is why SWMBO forbids me from going alone 

Edited by chilepepper

On 11/24/2016 at 11:47 AM, chilepepper said:

Which is why SWMBO forbids me from going alone 

What could she possibly have against the salsa?  that stuff's fantastic

Just noticed that once they are available again,  you can now only buy 2 per membership instead of 5.  And I'm also wondering if you'll be able to buy them if you're not a member?

Due to overwhelming demand, our available inventory has been depleted far faster than our expectations. We are working diligently to get additional inventory as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Limit 2 Per Membership

On 12/1/2016 at 5:27 PM, OSSO BUCCO said:

I understand Kirkland golf balls will be back in-club in May 2017

Is this nationally? Or just select stores? It would be really nice if they would be on the shelf at my local Costco :)

54 minutes ago, jkelley9 said:

Is this nationally? Or just select stores? It would be really nice if they would be on the shelf at my local Costco :)

I've heard nationally.  They are selling out their inventory of Callaway Hex Softs.  

It will be nationally.  They may also continue to offer Callaway Hex Softs as they normally offer a national brand and a Kirkland brand on most major categories they sell.  It will also come back on-line sooner, but will again be sold out in 1 day

Looks like there might just be enough time to get your Kirkland Golf Balls in time for Christmas.  They are expected back in stock on Dec 20th at 8am.