IGNORED

Kirkland (Costco) Premium Golf Ball

Note: This thread is 1512 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 4/27/2017 at 2:23 PM, 26point2 said:

You may be right, but there are bids for $50-60 per double dozen and $12-15 for a sleeve.  I'm sure they will sell as not everyone is a Costco member.

Even at $25-30 per dozen they are a inexpensive impulse buy for most non-Costco member Ebay buyer golfers. 

And most of the ads I've seen have shipping costs similar to Costco's (normal Costco shipping is $0, but for these balls they are charging $4.25ish per double dozen.).

If I had a supply of them they would go up on EBAY right now. That defeats the purpose of the ball if they can sell for that much.

Trollin' is the life

On 7/24/2017 at 1:57 PM, Hacker James said:

I have no doubt the K's are a good  ball for the price, but really...are they worth all this?  There are plenty of others at about the same price...Snells, Srixon, TF Gamers.

I like them but......no, I don't think they are worth the chase. If I can get them for regular price, fine. Otherwise I'm not checking the website daily or weekly, plenty of other good balls out there. If Costco can't deliver I move on

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I forget which thread I posted concerning the Snells, but I mentioned ordering a couple of dozen through Amazon. I just got a follow up from Amazon that they will be delivered tomorrow 7/31 on a Sunday. I placed the order on 7/25 and was able to get free shipping without having to join Amazon Express (or whatever its called). It pays to read all the shipping options.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

• 3 weeks later...

Titleist has countersued Cosco on the Kirckland Golf Ball. 

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/titleist-fires-back-with-284-page-countersuit-against-costco-ball

They state that the Kirkland golf ball infringes on 10 of Titleist patents. They also contend that they used false advertising stating that their ball exceeds all other premium golf balls. They contend that the makers of the Kirkland golf ball have not presented the evidence to show that their ball exceeds the Pro-V. Titleist claims through their testing that the Kirkland golf ball does produce more ball speed than the Pro-V across a wide range of swing speeds, it doesn't produce more spin, and it isn't as durable. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

On 7/29/2017 at 6:41 PM, Hacker James said:

I forget which thread I posted concerning the Snells, but I mentioned ordering a couple of dozen through Amazon. I just got a follow up from Amazon that they will be delivered tomorrow 7/31 on a Sunday. I placed the order on 7/25 and was able to get free shipping without having to join Amazon Express (or whatever its called). It pays to read all the shipping options.

If you were to click on the Snell logo in the TST Partners box near the top right, you'll go to the Snell webpage.  Ordering direct from Snell, there's never a shipping charge unless you want it shipped "fast"..  And by clicking on the link on this page, TST gets credit for the referral.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

On 7/24/2017 at 4:48 PM, rehmwa said:

Finally - found one

Me too a week ago. Yet to have hit it though.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

2 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

Me too a week ago. Yet to have hit it though.

follow me around, you will most likely "find" a few more.  OTOH, I found an unopened sleeve in my bag, or perhaps I should say not yet opened.  Its not that I cannot find the middle of the fairway (I average 73%), but I often find the middle of the woods or pond.

• Upvote 1

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Played it today. Shot a 76. Performed relatively decent. Seemed similar in distance to the proV but it didn't seem to have the spin. Durable enough. I would play it again. I am not going to rush out and buy them but the price is right for the ball's performance.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

they just sent about 10 shipping container full of the new costco balls, but its not the same formula :( 

rumours have it as a 2 piece ball, i hope its a lot cheaper then what they were selling the original balls for. When they restock, remember that its not the tour ball your expecting, it would be a midrange 2 piece ball.

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

• 1 month later...

These are back in stock, online.

The 4-piece version, which I believe is the original. Not the 3-piece version mentioned in the last few months.

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

22 minutes ago, jkelley9 said:

These are back in stock, online.

The 4-piece version, which I believe is the original. Not the 3-piece version mentioned in the last few months.

They are only available for Costco membership.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• 2 years later...

I recently noted that Costco is selling their 3 piece ball again, does anyone know if they solved their original quality problems?  If so, has anyone tried the re-released ball?

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

:titleist: TS2 10.5*;  917F2 15*;  818H1 19*;  716 AP2 4-P;  Pro V1x

:vokey: SM7's - 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.08 M

:odyssey: Black Series 3

:footjoy:  :oakley: 

• iacas changed the title to Kirkland (Costco) Premium Golf Ball
Note: This thread is 1512 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!