IGNORED

Congrats Erik Barzeski (iacas)! Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2290 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Thank you to both @woodzie264 and @RandallT. Very much appreciated!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, iacas said:

Thank you to both @woodzie264 and @RandallT. Very much appreciated!

No, thank you 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

I'm late to the party as is the norm of late.  I have been avoiding most things golf related, but I had drop by for this one.  I've felt like this probably should have been recognized years ago, but am glad they finally did. Congratulations to you Erik, it is well deserved.  I doubt anyone on that list is better or cares more about their students.  I appreciate all I have learned from you over the years.

• Upvote 1

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I want to add my congratulations to the group. Well done, sir! :dance:

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

• Administrator
On 10/28/2016 at 6:12 PM, MacDutch said:

Well deserved Erik. Can't give you the hole in one badge, but karma will let you get it.

I'd seriously consider trading this for a hole in one. Two might be a done deal. ;-)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Well done, Erik! But does this mean I'll have to pay more on my next trip to Erie? 

Also, you forgot to include relieving the drought of '08 (?) in Pinehurst. Now that was some rain.

Well deserved honor! Happy for you.

• Upvote 1

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Just saw this!  Very awesome and well deserved!  Between the book, your helpful posts, and five simple keys youve definately done your part to help people improve at golf!

What a wonderful achievement.  Congratulations

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

• Administrator
On 11/3/2016 at 0:31 AM, MattM said:

Just saw this!  Very awesome and well deserved!  Between the book, your helpful posts, and five simple keys youve definately done your part to help people improve at golf!

Thank you @MattM. BTW there are a lot of "@matt…" people here. ;-)

2 hours ago, Deryck Griffith said:

What a wonderful achievement.  Congratulations

I appreciate it, @Deryck Griffith.

As I've said all along, I don't teach for awards (if I did I'd have to change a lot of the way I go about things, and none of it would benefit my students), but it's nice to be recognized.

• Administrator
On 11/8/2016 at 0:43 PM, Dave2512 said:

Missed the news because I've been away from forum life. Much deserved recognition, congrats.

I appreciate it. Thank you.

14 hours ago, Silent said:

Congratulations Erik, amazing accomplishment.

Thanks. "Amazing" might be a stretch… but I appreciate the sentiment. ;-)

The funny thing is… I'm not sure any of my regular Erie students know. I'm not going to tell them… Not really my style. That would be awkward. :-D

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I appreciate it. Thank you.

Thanks. "Amazing" might be a stretch… but I appreciate the sentiment. ;-)

The funny thing is… I'm not sure any of my regular Erie students know. I'm not going to tell them… Not really my style. That would be awkward. :-D

Raise your rate by 10% and then when they give you a WTF look, point nonchalantly at the 9 ft X 6ft plaque hanging off the wall (you have one made right??).. :-P

Vishal S.

Congrat's Erik!  A well deserved accomplishment.

The last two times I have driven through Erie to visit family in Jamestown I have thought about finding you and popping in for a lesson, or just to say hi, but since they are usually quick trips there never seems to be enough time.  And would have to figure out where to drop the wife and daughter off as when it comes to golf stuff they finally figured out how I feel when they drag me to the mall.

Gus

Edited by JGus

Gus
---------------

• Administrator
2 hours ago, JGus said:

Congrat's Erik!  A well deserved accomplishment.

The last two times I have driven through Erie to visit family in Jamestown I have thought about finding you and popping in for a lesson, or just to say hi, but since they are usually quick trips there never seems to be enough time.  And would have to figure out where to drop the wife and daughter off as when it comes to golf stuff they finally figured out how I feel when they drag me to the mall.

Stop in some time, even if it's just for a few minutes (let me know ahead of time as I'm not there every day).

Presque Isle State Park is a great place for the wife and daughter to hang out, and not far away. :-) North East, PA also has a bunch of wine tours… Just sayin'. :-D

Thank you. I appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

Chapeau, my good man! I'm glad you're getting the recognition you richly deserve!

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Erik;  very well deserved.  The good parts of my golf game owe quite a bit to you. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 2290 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!