Sign in to follow this  
mvmac

Congrats Erik Barzeski (iacas)! Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America

92 posts / 35036 viewsLast Reply

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I'm late to the party as is the norm of late.  I have been avoiding most things golf related, but I had drop by for this one.  I've felt like this probably should have been recognized years ago, but am glad they finally did. Congratulations to you Erik, it is well deserved.  I doubt anyone on that list is better or cares more about their students.  I appreciate all I have learned from you over the years.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow!

Well deserved Erik. Can't give you the hole in one badge, but karma will let you get it.

I want to add my congratulations to the group. Well done, sir! :dance:

On 10/28/2016 at 6:12 PM, MacDutch said:

Well deserved Erik. Can't give you the hole in one badge, but karma will let you get it.

I'd seriously consider trading this for a hole in one. Two might be a done deal. ;-)

Well done, Erik! But does this mean I'll have to pay more on my next trip to Erie? 

Also, you forgot to include relieving the drought of '08 (?) in Pinehurst. Now that was some rain.

Well deserved honor! Happy for you.

Just saw this!  Very awesome and well deserved!  Between the book, your helpful posts, and five simple keys youve definately done your part to help people improve at golf!

On 11/3/2016 at 0:31 AM, MattM said:

Just saw this!  Very awesome and well deserved!  Between the book, your helpful posts, and five simple keys youve definately done your part to help people improve at golf!

Thank you @MattM. BTW there are a lot of "@matt…" people here. ;-)

2 hours ago, Deryck Griffith said:

What a wonderful achievement.  Congratulations

I appreciate it, @Deryck Griffith.

As I've said all along, I don't teach for awards (if I did I'd have to change a lot of the way I go about things, and none of it would benefit my students), but it's nice to be recognized.

Congratulations Erik, amazing accomplishment.

On 11/8/2016 at 0:43 PM, Dave2512 said:

Missed the news because I've been away from forum life. Much deserved recognition, congrats.

I appreciate it. Thank you.

14 hours ago, Silent said:

Congratulations Erik, amazing accomplishment.

Thanks. "Amazing" might be a stretch… but I appreciate the sentiment. ;-)

The funny thing is… I'm not sure any of my regular Erie students know. I'm not going to tell them… Not really my style. That would be awkward. :-D

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I appreciate it. Thank you.

Thanks. "Amazing" might be a stretch… but I appreciate the sentiment. ;-)

The funny thing is… I'm not sure any of my regular Erie students know. I'm not going to tell them… Not really my style. That would be awkward. :-D

Raise your rate by 10% and then when they give you a WTF look, point nonchalantly at the 9 ft X 6ft plaque hanging off the wall (you have one made right??).. :-P

Congrat's Erik!  A well deserved accomplishment.

The last two times I have driven through Erie to visit family in Jamestown I have thought about finding you and popping in for a lesson, or just to say hi, but since they are usually quick trips there never seems to be enough time.  And would have to figure out where to drop the wife and daughter off as when it comes to golf stuff they finally figured out how I feel when they drag me to the mall.

Gus

Edited by JGus

2 hours ago, JGus said:

Congrat's Erik!  A well deserved accomplishment.

The last two times I have driven through Erie to visit family in Jamestown I have thought about finding you and popping in for a lesson, or just to say hi, but since they are usually quick trips there never seems to be enough time.  And would have to figure out where to drop the wife and daughter off as when it comes to golf stuff they finally figured out how I feel when they drag me to the mall.

Stop in some time, even if it's just for a few minutes (let me know ahead of time as I'm not there every day).

Presque Isle State Park is a great place for the wife and daughter to hang out, and not far away. :-) North East, PA also has a bunch of wine tours… Just sayin'. :-D

Thank you. I appreciate it.