Joey G

Destin, FL golf courses

21 posts / 3737 viewsLast Reply

Planning a trip to Destin for Spring Break '17 and fishing for recommendations on where to play a round of golf while we're in town this trip.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

We played Emerald Bay last summer it was nice, replays are super cheap. $25

Windswept Dunes is in Freeport, about 25 miles from Destin. really liked it.

Thanks for the reply. That is one of the courses we're checking out. 

16 hours ago, Joey G said:

Thanks for the reply. That is one of the courses we're checking out. 

I highly recommend Windswept Dunes. The clubhouse is not fancy, but the course is great and reasonable.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

GolfExecutive, we have a condo on 98 in the family so lodging is usually no problem. But, I will play Emerald Bay first this spring. We try to spend a couple of weeks each year there usually Spring and off season...can't believe that I have never taken my clubs before. 

Goals for 2017:

Emerald Bay 

Kelly Plantation 

Windswept Dunes

On 12/16/2016 at 9:10 PM, Joey G said:

Thanks for the replies, guys.

GolfExecutive, we have a condo on 98 in the family so lodging is usually no problem. But, I will play Emerald Bay first this spring. We try to spend a couple of weeks each year there usually Spring and off season...can't believe that I have never taken my clubs before. 

Goals for 2017:

Emerald Bay 

Kelly Plantation 

Windswept Dunes

Add Regatta Bay to your list.  

You'll take your clubs every time you go once you play down there.  

Kelly and Emerald Bay are really nice courses and fun to play.  I haven't played Windswept or Regatta Bay but will add both to my list for this summer.

Indian Bayou near the Destin airport is fun track.  I saw the biggest water moccasin I have ever seen on #4 of IB's Creek nine.  Raven at Sandestin is a good test.  Camp Creek near Seacrest and Alys Beach on 30A is an awesome course.  It's worth the drive.

I agree with Parrot on Indian Bayou and Raven.  I would also recommend Kelly Plantation.  I have not played Emerald Bay since they renovated the greens, so I cant say either way on it.  I will be back down there in May and Regatta Bay is on my list to play.  I cant wait.

I'm headed down in a couple of weeks.  Anyone have updates on the conditions of the courses discussed in the thread, that will be aerated soon, that have green troubles or are undergoing renovation?

Thanks.

We go to Destin every year minus when the wife has been in school and I have never carried my clubs either. BUT...Jacob is 15 and really into golf now so it will be a must for us from here on out.

Regatta looks amazing every time I remember driving by there. I would for sure put that on the list. I remember wanting to play Emerald Bay as well. I will have to look back at this topic next year!

54 minutes ago, GolfExecutive said:

Aerification was completed last week.  I sent a group down this past weekend and they had no complaints on Emerald, Regatta, Kelly Plantation or Indian Bayou. 

Any word on Santa Rosa? Holiday over in PCB?  Those are the two courses closest to Watersound where we are staying.  We rented through VRBO, not St. Joe, so I don't have access to Camp Creek like I thought I would.

I'll pick one of Emerald and Regatta, Raven and either Santa Rosa or Holiday, if they are in good shape. 

Edited by Parrot

Since the subject was brought up, where do you guys stay in Destin?  We have normally stayed at the Sundestin condos but I always see a place east of there that seems to be on a golf course. What is the best deal for a family of 4 with golf in mind...on the beach with a balcony overlooking the ocean??

Just now, GolfExecutive said:

SunDestin is one of my favorites, but I can design golf packages for you through ANY property with Wyndham Vacation Rentals.  

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks! The wife is in school this year, so we are out on a vacation until next year. We plan on taking two next year. We want to go on our normal Destin trip and maybe Myrtle Beach.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.