IGNORED

Checking out the Chili Wacker

iacas
Note: This thread is 2696 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 11/8/2016 at 1:27 PM, iacas said:

Here's another really solid way to use the Chili Wacker. This one may be one of my favorites.

I liked the idea of the CW from the start, but this one sold me. At home, I stick alignment rods in the ground as reference points to check hip position during the swing... but I can't do that at the range because it's just mats and concrete. (Plus, I now have a video of you practicing my priority piece, so big thanks for that! )

The price is definitely prohibitive. Although, I'm a true "hacker" at heart, not just in golf, and may not be the best sample. Besides the cost savings (in this instance, "uuuge"), I prefer the customization I could get from building my own. Would be a fun project for the kids, too, and then (maybe) they'd want to use it. ;-)

And just to mention, I'm not an avid photographer but I do have three tripods (for "normal" cameras and telescopes)... in my wife's eyes, it's another tripod. :-D

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
10 hours ago, roamin said:

I liked the idea of the CW from the start, but this one sold me. At home, I stick alignment rods in the ground as reference points to check hip position during the swing... but I can't do that at the range because it's just mats and concrete. (Plus, I now have a video of you practicing my priority piece, so big thanks for that! )

It comes in super handy. I used it for this just last night. The wall drill is great, but when you move away from the wall it's still nice to have something students can continue to use as a reference point.

He was setting up a bit farther from it later on in the lesson when this video was recorded, but you can still see that it was useful for the trail hip motion (initial "before" on the left):

Analyzr Image Export.jpg

10 hours ago, roamin said:

The price is definitely prohibitive. Although, I'm a true "hacker" at heart, not just in golf, and may not be the best sample. Besides the cost savings (in this instance, "uuuge"), I prefer the customization I could get from building my own. Would be a fun project for the kids, too, and then (maybe) they'd want to use it. ;-)

Well, I do encourage you to support the guys who come up with these ideas. You could perhaps email and ask about a tripod-less option. The top support and bar with the sliding things is really well made.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

A great drill and another use of the Chili Wacker:

Check it out.

• Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 hours ago, iacas said:

A great drill and another use of the Chili Wacker:

Check it out.

Thanks. Is there audio with this or is someone teaching in the next bay?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Thanks. Is there audio with this or is someone teaching in the next bay?

Dave is talking as he does. Loudly. :-) 70 feet away.

That seems cool for an instructor or something but i dont see myself carrying that around with me. Im moving around the facility too much. I like that thing that looks like two yardsticks . It helps you with diagonal sweetspot and ball striking. That is probably the best thing ive seen for path training stuff. I have no idea where to get one. If i see it out one day, it will come home with me for sure. I think it will fold up and go in your bag even.

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Strat-Pack said:

That seems cool for an instructor or something but i dont see myself carrying that around with me. Im moving around the facility too much. I like that thing that looks like two yardsticks . It helps you with diagonal sweetspot and ball striking. That is probably the best thing ive seen for path training stuff. I have no idea where to get one. If i see it out one day, it will come home with me for sure. I think it will fold up and go in your bag even.

I agree that it may be more for instructors and more serious students.

https://chiliwacker.com - That's where you can get it.

17 hours ago, iacas said:

I agree that it may be more for instructors and more serious students.

https://chiliwacker.com - That's where you can get it.

@iacas Hey, Im a serious student !! I just cant carry around a bunch of stuff. I put alignment sticks behind me that basically does the same thing. Saying im not a serious student is crap !!!! Didnt see that coming, damn. Thanks alot

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

20 hours ago, Strat-Pack said:

The two yard sticks things is probably the VisionTrack. Pretty sure @iacas sells them or can tell you where to buy them. 

Here it is:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

11 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

The two yard sticks things is probably the VisionTrack. Pretty sure @iacas sells them or can tell you where to buy them. 

Here it is:

Hey !!! Thanks alot. Im really interested in that thing. I saw it in some videos on you tube (with Erik using it) and ive wanted one ever since. Thanks for the hook up bud !!

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

Note: This thread is 2696 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!