IGNORED

Pretending to be a Tour Player

GolferPGA
Note: This thread is 2721 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do you wear soft spikes on your golf shoes or are you still wearing metal spikes?  I was working the AT&T several years ago for shotlink and i was surprised at how many players still used metal spikes.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 minutes ago, GolferPGA said:

I played there last year, Carl

Never got to meet Jack in person until I was a pro. 

Dang. That was the first year I didn't work there in quite a while. I was getting ready to move down here to FL.

What do you think of 18? I liked it better before they lengthened it. 

- Shane

I wear soft spikes on my shoes. 

I am okay with the 18th at Muirfield. I like a closing hole that can have a birdie or a bogey. A fair hole. I don't like a hole like 18th at Merion where a birdie is a miracle or 18th at Baltusrol where a par feels like a bogey. 

26 minutes ago, GolferPGA said:

I wear soft spikes on my shoes. 

I am okay with the 18th at Muirfield. I like a closing hole that can have a birdie or a bogey. A fair hole. I don't like a hole like 18th at Merion where a birdie is a miracle or 18th at Baltusrol where a par feels like a bogey. 

What's the hardest hole on tour?

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Statistically, I am not sure. I am sure you could check it. 

The stats might not back this one up but the 18th at Sawgrass is one intimidating hole. Water left on tee shot, approach shot and not an easy green. Tough closing hole. 

6 minutes ago, GolferPGA said:

Statistically, I am not sure. I am sure you could check it. 

The stats might not back this one up but the 18th at Sawgrass is one intimidating hole. Water left on tee shot, approach shot and not an easy green. Tough closing hole. 

Sorry, I guess I should rephrase, what Is the hardest hole on tour you've played? 

How did you get in to wearing the large sponsor logo's?

-Jerry

Same answer jsgolfer. 18th at Sawgrass. 

But the 7th at Baltusrol could give that a run. Built as a par 5 in my opinion. Hole is 505 uphill and unless you want to get super risky makes you hit long iron or 3 wood off tee. Then you have 240 in (Generous tee shot) Fast greens that run like glass added to the equation and a par is like a eagle. 

23 hours ago, David in FL said:

Why do you think that a fan deflecting, or picking up a ball should be treated differently than interference from any other outside agency?  

Maybe because a fan is a conscious entity (though sometimes they behave as if they're not), and anything else is unconscious?

Hi! As others have said, thanks for allowing us the time to get your insights. It is seriously cool.

When you are mid field in the closing stages of a tournament, i.e no realistic chance of winning or a top 20 even, is there a thought or routine you have that ensures you still perform the best you are able to?

Or, to put it another way, if you take away the money aspect, what is it that most motivates you to compete?

Chris.:roll:

Funny you mention the logos. More of an advantage to me and my sponsors. The more airtime I get the happier the companies are with the large sponsor logos on my shirts. 

Chris, I just treat it the same as any other day. You simplify golf. Make it basic. What motivates me to compete is to get a win. and hopefully that will come this week.

How did you discover The Sand Trap and how long have you been reading the site before you started this thread?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Do you typically play in the Pro-Am before the tournament.  If so, have you played with anyone famous and have you played with any really good players? 

-Jerry

1 hour ago, jsgolfer said:

Do you typically play in the Pro-Am before the tournament.  If so, have you played with anyone famous and have you played with any really good players? 

I had to smile at this one and was thinking "Have any really good players played with someone as famous as you". But I know what the poster meant. 

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Hi Kyle, thanks for being on the site. Tell us about how do you deal with mental errors and if there is a 'mindfulness check list' before each shot. Is there a stay-on-the-tracks process at your level?

Truly appreciate you making yourself available on an open forum.

Vishal S.

I have read the Sand Trap for last month really, as a guest. I always play in Pro-Ams.  But I do it because it is a fun relaxed round with amateurs. Wednesday is about them, not me. I have not played with anyone really famous. 

I just try to commit to my shots. Physical errors will happen, but you can't compound it. Bad shots are ok, dumb shot are not.

Please note I am in Las Vegas for Shriners now and am under PDT time. The grind starts now.

4 minutes ago, GolferPGA said:

I have read the Sand Trap for last month really, as a guest. I always play in Pro-Ams.  But I do it because it is a fun relaxed round with amateurs. Wednesday is about them, not me. I have not played with anyone really famous. 

I just try to commit to my shots. Physical errors will happen, but you can't compound it. Bad shots are ok, dumb shot are not.

Please note I am in Las Vegas for Shriners now and am under PDT time. The grind starts now.

Good luck! :beer:

Don't gamble away all your winnings. ;-)

• Upvote 1

- Shane

Since you've played the course before, do you play practice rounds differently then if you haven't played the course?  

-Jerry

Note: This thread is 2721 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!