IGNORED

Pretending to be a Tour Player

GolferPGA
Note:Β This thread is 2723 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

1 hour ago, Natural Patrick said:

After several PM's with GolferPGA. I would be very surprised if this is not Kyle..

Did he send you a pic from Vegas?

• Upvote 3

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It is possible he does all of his communications through a VPN which would show the same IP address no matter where he is in the country. Β 

Joe Paradiso

1 hour ago, natureboy said:

I would suspect that the reference to the high school was an indication that the site mods had traced the IP address from where the account originated.

That very well could be. Strange though some of the PM's we exchanged were close to 10pm at night.

53 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Did he send you a pic from Vegas?

Did I ask him to? NO, I simply wished him good luck.

29 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

It is possible he does all of his communications through a VPN which would show the same IP address no matter where he is in the country. Β 

I'm IT illiterate so IΒ don't doubt you...but I think the proof is in the pudding...the OP has made no attempt at all to authenticate himself,Β despite several requests including one from a siteΒ moderator. Β I would think any stand-up guy would understand the site'sΒ need for that and would happily comply.

• Upvote 3

Driver:Β :callaway:Β Rogue STΒ Β / Β Woods:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 5W /Β Hybrid:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 25* /Β Irons: :ping:Β i500’s /Β Β Wedges:Β :edel:Β 54*, 58*;Β Putter:Β :scotty_cameron:Β Futura 5 Β Ball:Β image.pngΒ Vero X1

Β 

Β -Jonny

31 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

That would be possible, but that wouldn't show an IP for a HS one time then just the city the next. Either way, in order to have a VPN connect him to the HS he would have to be on the staff there regardless, which would make that not the tour pro in question.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon:Β Z355

:callaway:Β XR16 3 Wood
:tmade:Β AeroburnerΒ 19* 3 hybrid
:ping:Β I e1 ironsΒ 4-PW
:vokey:Β SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff:Β Harmonized Sole GrindΒ 56 andΒ Windy City Putter

2 hours ago, Natural Patrick said:

After several PM's with GolferPGA. I would be very surprised if this is not Kyle..

You mean @KyleAnthony?

Yours in earnest,Β Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks:Β :cleveland:Β 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5* Β :tmade:Β RBZ HL 3wΒ Β :nickent:Β 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H Β :callaway:Β X-22 5-AW Β :nike:SV tour 56* SWΒ :mizuno:Β MP-T11 60* LWΒ :bridgestone:Β customized TD-03 putterΒ :tmade:Penta TP3 Β Β :aimpoint:

2 hours ago, Natural Patrick said:

After several PM's with GolferPGA. I would be very surprised if this is not Kyle.

Do you also respond to emails from Nigerian princes? Β :-P

• Upvote 3

- John

Well, you may recall a few posts back in the thread that I informed the OP that was I staying at Ballys and invited him to meet me for a drink? Too bad I did not have a camera. Β I did however, get to ride the High Roller at LINQ

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,Β  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge:Β ExoticsΒ EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge:Β Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Β shaft, /Β Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge:Β Exotics EXi 6 -PWΒ  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:Β  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

2 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

I'm IT illiterate so IΒ don't doubt you...but I think the proof is in the pudding...the OP has made no attempt at all to authenticate himself,Β despite several requests including one from a siteΒ moderator. Β I would think any stand-up guy would understand the site'sΒ need for that and would happily comply.

OR....be of the mindset to think "Look guys, I thought I was doing you all a favor, and now to doubt me....well...heck with you, I don't need this". Β Just sayin..... Β  (I really could care less either way).

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,Β  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge:Β ExoticsΒ EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge:Β Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Β shaft, /Β Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge:Β Exotics EXi 6 -PWΒ  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:Β  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

46 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

Well, you may recall a few posts back in the thread that I informed the OP that was I staying at Ballys and invited him to meet me for a drink? Too bad I did not have a camera. Β I did however, get to ride the High Roller at LINQ

I repeat: huh?

- John

• iacas changed the title to Pretending to be a Tour Player
  • Administrator
6 hours ago, mdl said:

Huh. Β I justΒ assumed, especially after Erik asked a question, that this was an "official" TST AMA, set up by Erik or one of the the other site runners/moderators...

Nope. We gave the imposterΒ the benefit of the doubt for awhile.

5 hours ago, Natural Patrick said:

It's not.

4 hours ago, newtogolf said:

They weren't all through the same IP. His email address doesn't make any sense, either.

3 hours ago, Natural Patrick said:

That very well could be. Strange though some of the PM's we exchanged were close to 10pm at night.

Yes, when he was at home.

3 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

Yup. If you're going to do an AMA, you know the rules. People don't even get past the first post without posting their "proof."

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1ngfwy/hi_reddit_tom_hanks_here_ask_me_anything/
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/z1c9z/i_am_barack_obama_president_of_the_united_states/
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/334wcy/i_am_gordon_ramsay_ama/
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/4apj5f/im_apple_cofounder_steve_wozniak_ask_me_anything/
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3hq15d/i_am_actor_patrick_stewart_of_yorkshire_xmen_star/
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1uqlmf/i_am_sir_david_attenborough_im_on_reddit_ama/
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/18bhme/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2rgsan/i_am_elon_musk_ceocto_of_a_rocket_company_ama/

1 hour ago, Hacker James said:

Yeah, too bad… 

Guys, this is a pretty open-and-shut case, and try all you want, butΒ nothingΒ in this reflects poorly on me or the other moderators. We urged people to give the benefit of the doubt, but when all doubt wasΒ removed…

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, Hacker James said:

OR....be of the mindset to think "Look guys, I thought I was doing you all a favor, and now to doubt me....well...heck with you, I don't need this". Β Just sayin..... Β  (I really could care less either way).

In the social media world it's a pretty standard thing to have to verify yourself, as @iacasΒ illustrated. If he has the time to make a bunch of posts on here he has 5 seconds to retweet something from TST.

Mike McLoughlin

4 hours ago, Hacker James said:

to answer your question. I did NOT meet anybody. I was being sarcastic in referring to a previous post that someone should have photographic proof. A couple took me literally. Completely my fault, my humour is not always apparent. I would not have expected that anyone would meet me under these set of circumstances. Β Had I a camera, I would have liked to take a photo from the top of High Roller.

27 minutes ago, mvmac said:

In the social media world it's a pretty standard thing to have to verify yourself, as @iacasΒ illustrated. If he has the time to make a bunch of posts on here he has 5 seconds to retweet something from TST.

that makes sense. I do not know whether a retweet would prove anything though, then again, I am not familiar with twitter.

"James"

7 hours ago, Natural Patrick said:

Did I ask him to? NO, I simply wished him good luck.

The mail server used to set up the account based at the school. After that, anywhere you have internet you can access the site.

Kevin

35 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

that makes sense. I do not know whether a retweet would prove anything though, then again, I am not familiar with twitter.

Only Kyle Reifers or someone with his log-inΒ info could retweet from his account. The Twitter account is actually Reifers because it's verified (blue check thingy).

https://twitter.com/KyleReifersPGA

Mike McLoughlin

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, natureboy said:

The mail server used to set up the account based at the school. After that, anywhere you have internet you can access the site.

Huh?Β No.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Note:Β This thread is 2723 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!