IGNORED

Pretending to be a Tour Player

GolferPGA
Note: This thread is 2703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Imagine that Kevin Chappell's golf ball had rolled into a flier lie (Before anyone touched it), which is something you want when from 240 out. But a fan picks up his ball, so he has to drop. And he drops it into a bad lie where he has to hit a wedge out. He has just be unrightfully penalized because of a fan's actions. This is the "wildcard" 

5 minutes ago, GolferPGA said:

Imagine that Kevin Chappell's golf ball had rolled into a flier lie (Before anyone touched it), which is something you want when from 240 out. But a fan picks up his ball, so he has to drop. And he drops it into a bad lie where he has to hit a wedge out. He has just be unrightfully penalized because of a fan's actions. This is the "wildcard" 

But if he had hit into a bad lie, he should be allowed to place it into a perfect lie just because someone interfered?

What if it was a raccoon, not a fan?  

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)

You make a good point David. I just know from experience that the drops are never a good result. They always nestle down. His situation was so rare that they probably should not replace the rule. I just don't like it because we all have to play by the same rules, but the results are different. He could drop into a poor lie from a bad one and I could drop into flier lie just as easy. I like that you defend your point, however.

If there is a raccoon on a PGA Course, you let me know. 

Edited by GolferPGA
  • Upvote 1

2 years ago at Jack's tournament, I was running shotlink on #7. A players ball came down in the tough across from me and the marshal didn't see it. When the player arrived, they couldn't find it, so I jogged across and pointed right to where it landed. It was totally buried in the spinach. The player was not happy at all. I guess I should have let him make the walk of shame??? I think I learned some Japanese cuss words that day. 

- Shane

16 minutes ago, GolferPGA said:

You make a good point David. I just know from experience that the drops are never a good result. They always nestle down. His situation was so rare that they probably should not replace the rule. I just don't like it because we all have to play by the same rules, but the results are different. He could drop into a poor lie from a bad one and I could drop into flier lie just as easy. I like that you defend your point, however.

If there is a raccoon on a PGA Course, you let me know. 

Do you think that the Pga Tour should play by a different set of rules than the rest of us?

What was your playing background prior to the Pga Tour?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Why won't you share your name?

How can you prove to us you're a PGA Tour player?

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Because the PGA is strict about things like this.

Phil, if you don't want to believe me, fine, but I am a tour pro that is offering you guys a chance to learn about the inside of the tour. 

Phil, this is PGA pro Kyle Reifers. It is official now. So AMA...

3 minutes ago, GolferPGA said:

Phil, if you don't want to believe me, fine, but I am a tour pro that is offering you guys a chance to learn about the inside of the tour. 

Strict about what?

What is your Twitter handle?

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Cool. What courses did you play in Columbus growing up?

Where are you right now?-Where do you live?

Do you like beef jerky?

Thanks for joining and being willing to share and answer questions! I coach high school golf in a small school in Northern Maine and I have a young kid coming up that his dream is to make it on the PGA tour, he has the work ethic and the basics. Any advice from someone that is there already and on the inside that I could pass along to aide him in reaching that goal?

Phil, I can assure you it is legitimate. So fire away. Ask me anything. 

Played Ohio State course growing up. Love it.

Live in Charlotte, NC and am there right now.

A slim jim has its place...

11 minutes ago, GolferPGA said:

Phil, this is PGA pro Kyle Reifers. It is official now. So AMA...

Geez Kyle, I don't feel so special now, just Kidding, This forum is very lucky to have you, I know I for one am very stoked about it.

(edited)

awmgolfer, what is his handicap now. He needs to be willing to change his game and take advice. But I will be honest. He needs to be able to flat out play. Also make sure he plays in as many tournaments as he can. The pressure will never fully leave, but it will get easier. Huge difference between causal rounds. Even I still get nervous on Thursdays!. Good Questions...

Edited by GolferPGA

3 minutes ago, GolferPGA said:

awmgolfer, what is his handicap now. He needs to be willing to change his game and take advice. But I will be honest. He needs to be able to flat out play. 

Yeah, when I see McGleno's handicap. I often wonder why he is not on tour.;-)

Note: This thread is 2703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!