IGNORED

How Many Rounds Have You Played This Year?

jsgolfer
Note: This thread is 2685 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 minute ago, Hacker James said:

nine recorded. There may have been 2 or 3 others (best ball/practice scenario) where I did not keep score.

I only started playing again in July in earnest after reconstructing a lost spread sheet. Index has gone down from 20 to 17.9 with a low of 16.  It will be tough to keep it this low now as each two rounds adds another "line" to average in. If I am fortunate enough to post even lower rounds, I should be alright as the newer rounds will "bump" the higher ones down the chart until they eventually drop off. The lowest raw score was 85. Last year the lowest was 78.

Maybe my new grips will help. (wishful thinking). 

Why not establish a real handicap and be done with it?  I'm sure that it's easily done through your state golf association (right @Golfing Dad?).  Let them worry about crunching the numbers and your index will be calculated consistently with how everyone else's is...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, David in FL said:

Why not establish a real handicap and be done with it?  I'm sure that it's easily done through your state golf association (right @Golfing Dad?).  Let them worry about crunching the numbers and your index will be calculated consistently with how everyone else's is...

Oh, I know, but I do not compete in tournaments and I do get some enjoyment from maintaining a spreadsheet. Also most of my rounds are solo or with my daughter. Occasionally I get paired up with others by the starter when I am a walk on.  Actually, I kind of like meeting new people with various skill levels. 

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

I have 77 on my golfshot app, and probably 10-15 that were practice rounds, sh*t the bed or scrambles that are not in there so I would say a conservative estimate is 90 rounds.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I am considering getting the game golf app should I  bite the bullet and start using a smart phone again. (lost mine in the Pacific when I flipped a kayak 300 yds offshore in the middle of winter).

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Counted 36 on my Yahoo handicap tracker.  Probably 4 or 5 not posted.  No wonder I'm not getting better, jeez.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Wow! I think I've played more rounds this past year, than prior to getting back into the game. I'm going to be at ~60+ for 2016, if the weather cooperates.

This has been a really bad golf year for me. I usually get in about 30-35 9 hole loops and maybe 5-6 18 hole rounds. This year since January I have played--27 holes! Two 18's-one of which was a scramble- and one 9 hole loop. This was not from lack of interest, but just work and other priorities.  I have only been on the Sand Trap a few times!  I hope to get in at least a few 9 hole loops before the grass gets too brown.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

I have played about 2400 holes. I play 4 or 5 times a week, but 9 holes most of the time. It's great retiring at 57 :-D 

Edited by paininthenuts

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

I  have posted 32 rounds, 16 of which were 9 hole league rounds. I've also played a few round before and after posting dates. I feel like I've played more than that though.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I don't keep record of the rounds I play. I guess more then 200 at least. When at home I average 4 per week. That changes during vacations. Last was a two week 20 rounds vacation in the Orlando area.

Oh wait, this 4 per week is more like 4 days per week, sometimes two rounds a day. So :8) 

But I don't practice on range...

I have played 98 rounds year to date. I am used to playing 125-140 a year, so I'm slightly behind. 

With that said, I haven't touched a club in 10 days due to DST and having some company in town last week. It sucks that I'm actually getting into the "golf season" rut, or at least it feels that way.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

On November 5, 2016 at 9:45 AM, MacDutch said:

I don't keep record of the rounds I play. I guess more then 200 at least. When at home I average 4 per week. That changes during vacations. Last was a two week 20 rounds vacation in the Orlando area.

Oh wait, this 4 per week is more like 4 days per week, sometimes two rounds a day. So :8) 

No wonder you kick my ass!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

On 11/5/2016 at 6:45 AM, MacDutch said:

Dang man...I would say "You need to get a life", but looks like you don't have time to...:beer:

"James"

On Saturday, November 05, 2016 at 9:45 AM, MacDutch said:

4 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

Dang man...I would say "You need to get a life", but looks like you don't have time to...:beer:

That IS the life!

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

How many holes have I played? Not enough. It's a shame. And now it's getting cold.

I'm going to try and do a lot better next year in this regard.

Note: This thread is 2685 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!