Jump to content
Hazsa

Breaking 80 Thread

223 posts / 27229 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Nail said:

An open clubface has long been my problem with the driver. It sounds so easy to fix yet I don’t. The last few weeks though I have hit a few hooks so I think I am on the right path. Just need to find that happy medium. 

I came third in our club competition last weekend and that was scratching three holes. All of which were because of a tee shot lost or out of bounds. 

If you have a way to do it, post a member swing's thread and see if there's any way to get a better idea of what you're doing to leave your clubface open from time to time.  Or find a coach you trust in your area to do the same, lessons with a good instructor more than pay for themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I finally did it! Took some slogging on the range and lots of practice rounds this summer but got the job done at Van Cortland Park Golf course this week.

Par 70, 6,100 yards from the tips. 1 double, 7 bogeys, 10 pars. Just squeaked out the 79, although I had 8 foot birdie putt on the last that I missed for a 78. Also missed two other close putts for birdie, but was striking it well with 9 GIR today. That's a personal best, and I've definitely found working on my 80-110 yard distances to be really rewarding for scoring lower. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/27/2019 at 3:47 PM, Nail said:

 

I can hit my 5 wood off the tee 250 yards so I should probably start using it on more holes and see how I get on. 

It's pretty damn obvious how you'd get on.

And you certainly wouldn't need to contemplate if it's worth doing it. You would've been doing it already and playing off 5.

You'd be longer than 90% of players you've ever played with and would be hitting shorter irons into most greens.

Probably best to work out how far 250 yards actually is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, leftybutnotPM said:

It's pretty damn obvious how you'd get on.

And you certainly wouldn't need to contemplate if it's worth doing it. You would've been doing it already and playing off 5.

You'd be longer than 90% of players you've ever played with and would be hitting shorter irons into most greens.

Probably best to work out how far 250 yards actually is. 

Heh, heh, heh,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 11/11/2019 at 3:47 AM, leftybutnotPM said:

It's pretty damn obvious how you'd get on.

And you certainly wouldn't need to contemplate if it's worth doing it. You would've been doing it already and playing off 5.

You'd be longer than 90% of players you've ever played with and would be hitting shorter irons into most greens.

Probably best to work out how far 250 yards actually is. 

Its not pretty damn obvious to me, I'm still relatively new to golf, playing two years, this year is my first to have a handicap. I never said I'm able to not the 5 wood 250 accurately, its probably a little more accurate than the driver alright but I don't have some pro ability to hit it 250 down the middle of the fairway everytime. 

I get the sense that you were being sarcastic though and doubt I can hit the ball that far?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Nail said:

Its not pretty damn obvious to me, I'm still relatively new to golf, playing two years, this year is my first to have a handicap. I never said I'm able to not the 5 wood 250 accurately, its probably a little more accurate than the driver alright but I don't have some pro ability to hit it 250 down the middle of the fairway everytime. 

I get the sense that you were being sarcastic though and doubt I can hit the ball that far?

I'm being sarcastic to a point.

What I am saying is that if you can hit the 5 wood 250 yards and be relatively straight with it you don't have a lot of problems. 

I am suggesting that if you DID hit it that far, and reasonably straight, you wouldn't need someone else to suggest that being 30 yards ahead of most people who have hit driver imight be an advantage. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, leftybutnotPM said:

I'm being sarcastic to a point.

What I am saying is that if you can hit the 5 wood 250 yards and be relatively straight with it you don't have a lot of problems. 

I am suggesting that if you DID hit it that far, and reasonably straight, you wouldn't need someone else to suggest that being 30 yards ahead of most people who have hit driver imight be an advantage. :-)

Distance is about all i have, I am a very inconsistent ballstriker thats why I am still playing off 15. I'm not bs'ing you but I am longer than anyone I have played with so far which is probably less than 30 people tbh. There isn't a single par 4 on my course that I'll have more than a wedge into if i hit my drive in tbe fairway but I mishit an awful lot of shots hence why even with distance I have never broke 80, most days if i am honest i dont break 90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...