Sign in to follow this  
Richard Smiley

Introductions are in order...

Note: This thread is 1073 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 posts / 880 viewsLast Reply

Hello all. I'm new to the game, I've been playing since May. I spent the last 5 years ribbing my coworker about talking golf all the time and then I went with him to the range to see what it was all about. I had a great time so I went out on course with him, another friend, and a set of loaner clubs and had a great time. I'm a high school band director here in Sacramento so I spent the summer going to the range, playing, and acquiring equipment. I'm still very shy about my playing and tend to only play with our group of music teachers. I've had one birdie, several pars, and bogey ball is becoming more common than lost balls. In August my coworker, who is also the coach for our girl's team at our school, asked my if I wanted to be the assistant coach. This worked great because I learned a lot by helping our girl's learn the game.

I'm here to soak in the knowledge and maybe share a story or two as I learn.

Edited by Richard Smiley

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

add my name to the welcoming committee. You should find this a hospitable place most of the time.  That's not to say there aren't personality clashes from time to time, but no more than most other forums. Having built up immunity to "epidermal atrophy" will also serve one well.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1073 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!