IGNORED

Daylight Saving Time

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Random thoughts.

1. Now I will wake up at 3:50 every morning instead of my usual 4:50 without an alarm clock. Part of getting old I guess. :-P
  2. My wife texted my 22 year old son to remind him that we are setting the clocks back. He responded, "I don't own a clock".

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My cat reminded me he doesn't care if we have day light savings time.   He woke me up at 6 a.m. for breakfast.   

I'm all in favor for more daylight at night.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I walk my dogs at the same time every morning no matter what the clock now says. Their bodily functions don't know anything about this clock setting stuff.

I told my wife last night,  if it were not for 2 or 3 appointments each month, I wouldn't need to bother setting the clocks back. 

Then there are those scheduled tee times. Guess I will join the masses after all. :-P

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

My cat reminded me he doesn't care if we have day light savings time.   He woke me up at 6 a.m. for breakfast.   

I'm all in favor for more daylight at night.

Yowls, scratching, walking on top of you of all of the above? Amazing how annoying yowling can be. :-)

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

I had to reset the microwave and oven. I think that's about it…

Of course, with sunset now at 5:07pm, I'd rather we simply get rid of Daylight Savings Time.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Of course, with sunset now at 5:07pm, I'd rather we simply get rid of Daylight Savings Time.

I would rather make DST permanent so the sun always sets later. Makes it impossible to get 9 in or range time when it's dark before you get home. 

- Shane

• Administrator
2 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

I would rather make DST permanent so the sun always sets later. Makes it impossible to get 9 in or range time when it's dark before you get home. 

Yeah, whatever we're in today, I favor getting rid of this. I never know if this is standard time or DST.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

I'm of the opinion that New England should move to Atlantic time and get rid of DST. That would basically mean we would get DST (the summer times) all year long. I know a state senator or congressperson in Massachusetts introduced a bill last year that would have done that.

I've never really spent much time in other states but maybe you guys want the same thing. I think most people just want more sunlight in the evening. It's depressing to go to work in the dark and get home in the dark. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Yeah, whatever we're in today, I favor getting rid of this. I never know if this is standard time or DST.

We are now back in standard time.

53 minutes ago, jamo said:

I think most people just want more sunlight in the evening.

I'm other one one them (though honestly I'd like longer days in general, but that requires a change in latitude). I need the daylight earlier in the morning for work reasons.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I think the biggest problem is that some places use it and some don't.  I'd prefer we just stay on one time cycle all year (I don't care which one; maybe just split the difference?)

- John

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Hardspoon said:

I think the biggest problem is that some places use it and some don't.  I'd prefer we just stay on one time cycle all year (I don't care which one; maybe just split the difference?)

Split the difference?

We'd be half an hour off from most everywhere else in the world. I think sticking with the current "hour" lines of demarcation are fine.

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

Split the difference?

We'd be half an hour off from most everywhere else in the world. I think sticking with the current "hour" lines of demarcation are fine.

Haha, yeah, that would be a complete failure.  :doh:  Duh.

- John

7 hours ago, jamo said:

I'm of the opinion that New England should move to Atlantic time and get rid of DST.

I think we should invade Bermuda, relocate them to Vermont, and move there. 

13 minutes ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

I think we should invade Bermuda, relocate them to Vermont, and move there. 

Sounds like a plan to me. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

11 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

Play faster!  ;)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

11 hours ago, iacas said:

I had to do same....

I'll second getting rid of DST

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Note: This thread is 757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!