IGNORED

Got a GoPro Karma Drone

iacas
Note: This thread is 2519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

GoPro updated their Karma Recall/Return page and said they're sending everyone a free Hero 5 Black when the return is processed.

So now if I get a Karma later on, I've saved $300 (to get a $399 product). The Karma Drone itself is $799. That $300 buys a few batteries. ;-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sorry to hear there were problems.    Black Friday is just around the corner and Best Buy already has its ads out for viewing.    They have drones for sales.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• 4 weeks later...

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Thanks. Not quite the same thing, though… :-) I think only that guy from Napoleon Dynamite can throw a football shaped thing over a mile away… ;-)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

that guy from Napoleon Dynamite

He's probably being scouted by several NFL teams. :whistle:

One thought and question about cameras mounted on drones
Are the cameras protected in any manner from crash & burns?
The foam pad used on the dart might be a concept drone owner/users may entertain.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• 4 months later...

My Dad has been on my case to get a drone for some property management/business as well as some fun related uses.  I finally did that today and got the complete Karma Drone kit and an extra battery.  I am aware of the initial issue/recall posted in this thread and after reading the some reviews and checking out its features I believe it is a great buy.  Expect a 3-4 hole private disc golf course flyover in the near future.  ;-)  

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

• Administrator

Yay!

And the recall was a pretty simple thing… but one they definitely had to address with the battery latch.

35 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yay!

And the recall was a pretty simple thing… but one they definitely had to address with the battery latch.

Yeah, I am very excited to start using it.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Got the drone!  This should be fun.IMG_3280.JPG

• Upvote 1

Nate

I just ordered the 3dr solo drone today and the gopro hero 4 silver. I know the hero 4 silver isnt the best gopro out there, but it should be plenty fine for what i need. I plan on using the gopro for some course vlogs as well, and might even take the drone with me on the course when it is slow or in the evening and see what kind of course flyovers I can get.

Now just patiently waiting for it to get here (should be wednesday) 

I know there have been a few reported issues with the 3dr solo drone, but the aftermarket support and forum following seems to be pretty large, and I couldnt find anything close to the same features for the price ($300 out the door for the drone, gimbal, controller, 2 batteries, with 2 day shipping)  then my fiance and I split the cost of the gopro because she wanted one too, which I got from gopro's website refurbished for $249 with free 2 day shipping. Woohoo!

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Messed around with the flight simulator that comes on the controller yesterday evening.  I have everything charged and ready to go.  Going to take it out for the first flight today.  For some reason the micro SD card I ordered does not work with the hero 5 black but it does work with my old hero +, and I was able to get the old micro SD card to work in the black for the drone.  Not really sure how that works but my old card must have been a better card I guess.

IMG_3318.JPG

Nate

• Administrator

Maybe your new card is a bit too slow or doesn't support the SDHC or whatever standard?

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Maybe your new card is a bit too slow or doesn't support the SDHC or whatever standard?

Yeah it must be something like that.

Nate

My hero 4 silver should be waiting for me when I get home from work today and my 3dr Solo should be waiting for me when I get home from work tomorrow! I cant wait!!:dance:

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• 4 weeks later...

Had some fun with the Karma drone over the weekend:

• Upvote 2

Nate

3 hours ago, dennyjones said:

very cool.   Thanks for sharing.

Yeah no problem.  I enjoy filming stuff and editing in general so lots of fun for me.

Nate

Note: This thread is 2519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!