IGNORED

How many three-putts (or more) did you have today?

woodzie264
Note: This thread is 2055 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:37 AM, baller7345 said:

There are days I could probably be that person for putting.  Had one day last year where I shot an 86 with 43 putts.  That is impressively bad putting.  Probably the most depressing mid 80s round I've ever had because I had birdie putts most of the day.  I had two 4 putts and a whole host of three putts.  Its kind of sad when your playing partner, whom you still beat by 6 or so strokes, starts to feel sorry for you.

As for the thread itself, I managed to get by yesterday with only 1 three putt (just a very poor lab.  That's about normal for me, unless the wheels fall off then I putt historically bad.

I feel your pain, I had 87 with 43 putts, 7 x 3 putts and 1 x 4 putt, worst experience in my time golfing ever. I went back to the practice putting green and I was making everything, the mental side of golf is highly underrated, I need a good sport phycologists!!

From Sat:

1 - 3 putt

9 - 2 putts

8 - 1 putts

I call that a pretty good day with the chicken stick!

Edited by Vinny Cap
  • Upvote 2

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played this past Sunday and didn't have a single 3 putt. Had a few one putts in fact! The greens were rolling fairly fast and very true. Kind of surprising considering all the rain we've had lately. I was just seeing the line very well that day.

(edited)

1 - a three putt bogey 

Edited by woodzie264

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

My last round: 4 - 3 putts; 1 - four putt. 3 - 1 putts; 1 - two putt. Shot a 47. The putter is in the scrap bag. The old putter is back out. It ruined my 9 holes. That was 6 extra shots for the front 9. Those one putts? All inside of 3'.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Just the one 3 putt today, but it came on the 9th, was from just 10 feet and seemed to spark a complete meltdown in my game.

i was just 4 over at that stage, playing reasonably well. I had 10 feet for par after playing a nice shot out of the green side bunker, got a bit carried away and raced it 6 feet past, missed the return.

I was really annoyed, and let it affect my game immediately. I hit my next drive into the trees and just struggled to keep my head up for the rest of the round.

I played a course for the first time this year.   The greens were much faster than my home course and after blowing the long lag by the hole on the first one, I became gun shy.  I had three 3 putts.    

This will be my practice task tomorrow...lag putting.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

You and me, dennyj! We're going to play Fowler's Mill in Chesterland, OH on Tuesday. This is a Pete Dye design that is reputed to have greens as fast as lightning! I've never played there before, so it will be an adventure. I think the key will be finding the proper set of tees to play so we don't have to slug our brains out on approach shots.

• 4 weeks later...

Two - with a few long long saves or it wouldn't have been more

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

I have 1 3 putt today.   Lost focus for a second left the first 30' putt way...way... short.   The trend is decreasing!

Recently switched to an Odyssey Black Line no. 7 putter with a 39" shaft. For most people it would probably be a belly putter, but I'm 6'6", so the tip of the shaft is a couple of inches away from my body (I use my normal interlocking grip around the centre of the rubber grip). Since I got this putter on ebay, I've only had about 2 3-putts in the five rounds I've played (on four different courses) and have been averaging about 31 putts, which is good for me. Just need to get the rest of my game in some sort of shape now ...

I will count my putts from the fringe as I am putting.

I had zero 3-putts my last 18 holes.  Now at least half of those ended up being bogeys, but no 3 putts!

I need serious help 3 putting is becoming a regular thing for me. I shot 42 last night on what was arguably my best ball striking day in 2 years, maybe ever with one exception, and 3 putted four freaking times after hitting 8 GIR. I was knocking it 10 -12 feet by the hole. Now I had some long downhill putts but sheesh. The one green I missed was because I literally had my once in a season duff drive to the red tees. I stuck a 58 wedge to 4 feet and missed that putt to save par after that and just barely it stopped one roll short. Everything I else I smashed by the hole. Had to make some 8 footers to save par only easy 2 putts I had were legit birdie chances. Last 8 rounds have all had at least one 3 putt usually 2 and the holes that don't are usually because I chipped it somewhat close.

Dave :-)

25 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

I need serious help 3 putting is becoming a regular thing for me. I shot 42 last night on what was arguably my best ball striking day in 2 years, maybe ever with one exception, and 3 putted four freaking times after hitting 8 GIR. I was knocking it 10 -12 feet by the hole. Now I had some long downhill putts but sheesh. The one green I missed was because I literally had my once in a season duff drive to the red tees. I stuck a 58 wedge to 4 feet and missed that putt to save par after that and just barely it stopped one roll short. Everything I else I smashed by the hole. Had to make some 8 footers to save par only easy 2 putts I had were legit birdie chances. Last 8 rounds have all had at least one 3 putt usually 2 and the holes that don't are usually because I chipped it somewhat close.

I'm no expert by any means...

To you ever practice lag putting?   Last month I was participating in the practice each day challenge.   One of my glaring weakness has been 3 putts.    I practiced lag putting about 6 hours last month and it has paid dividends "on my home course".   I emphasized "on my home course" because the green speeds are significantly different at some of the other courses I play.    In addition to practice the normal, 3, 6 9 foot putts, give some thought to practicing lag putting.  

18 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I'm no expert by any means...

To you ever practice lag putting?   Last month I was participating in the practice each day challenge.   One of my glaring weakness has been 3 putts.    I practiced lag putting about 6 hours last month and it has paid dividends "on my home course".   I emphasized "on my home course" because the green speeds are significantly different at some of the other courses I play.    In addition to practice the normal, 3, 6 9 foot putts, give some thought to practicing lag putting.  

I don't but I previous put in a lot of putting practice. It's rust I am typically a better than average putter this year I am backwards.

Dave :-)

2 - I hate putting

-Jonny

Note: This thread is 2055 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!