IGNORED

How many three-putts (or more) did you have today?

woodzie264
Note: This thread is 2063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, as a cousin thread to the "What did you shoot today?" and the "Shot of the Week" threads, I thought it may be nice to have a place where we can all vent about our three/four/even five-putts of our recent round....after all misery loves company!

To start it off, I had FOUR three-putts today.  I just couldn't lag to save my life. I'd leave it 8-10 ft short or blow it 7 ft past the cup. Easily one of my worst putting performances of the year. I still managed to shoot an 85 (13.7) which was so-so for me, but geesh! 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Only one for me today. Driver was pretty solid but the rest of my game was a disaster.

DRIVER- Tour Edge EXS 220
3W- Adams Tight Lies 2
Hybrids- Cobra F8 19 *

Utility- Sub 70 699U #4
Irons - Sub 70 739 5-PW
Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54, 58
Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft #11

Ball- Titleist DT Trufeel

I played Tuesday and had one four putt! followed by a three putt!  7 putts in two holes.   Luckily, I still hit the ball well but this was a different course, different greens and ....  I didn't warm up on the greens before we played and they were slower than what I've been playing.     Still no excuse... I have to work on lag putting.   I hit almost everything from 4' and in but my lag putts were 60' ..

I almost said "the sun was in my eyes, my glove was too small, my shoes were tied too tight...I just need to work on my putting.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

27 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I played Tuesday and had one four putt! followed by a three putt!  7 putts in two holes.   Luckily, I still hit the ball well but this was a different course, different greens and ....  I didn't warm up on the greens before we played and they were slower than what I've been playing.     Still no excuse... I have to work on lag putting.   I hit almost everything from 4' and in but my lag putts were 60' ..

I almost said "the sun was in my eyes, my glove was too small, my shoes were tied too tight...I just need to work on my putting.

this was how i felt today - I felt like never held a putter in my hand

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Just the one on my last round, and it came entirely as a result of the approach shot. On a par 5 I was within 50 yards of the pin in 2. I was in perfect position on the fairway to attack the pin. I bailed somewhat on the pitch shot. It pitched way short left, hit a huge downslope, jumped forward beyond the pin, ended up 25 feet from the pin. I was pissed off, so instead of concentrating and giving myself the best shot at birdie and ensuring a par, I paid it no respect and raced it by.

Sometimes if I've played a hole particularly poorly I just give up mentally when I get to the green. It's really something I need to cut out.

• 2 weeks later...

0!

40 (+5):
0  GIR

8/9 n GIR
6 one-putts (which saved me)
6/7 FW

-Jonny

I had one 3 putt, and dare I say it a 4 putt. That said I had 3 single putts, so I sort of forgive myself. I had a good round, scoring 37 points on a course I barely know, however 40 points would have been even better.

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 11:45 AM, woodzie264 said:

0!

40 (+5):
0  GIR

8/9 n GIR
6 one-putts (which saved me)
6/7 FW

I'm trying to figure the math here.  If you were on 8 greens in reg and had 6 one-putts, that's 6-under.  2-putt the other 2 GIRs, that's -6 after 8.  In order to shoot +5, with another 2-putt, you got on that hole in 13 and took a 15?

EDIT: disregard, missed the 0 GIR line.  I guess "n GIR" means near the green.  My bad.

Edited by Gunther

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

0 three putts today!!!!!                (I didn't play today :~( )

I seriously had a legitimate 4-putt a couple weeks ago. How many people have done that?

I had a ~50 ft. putt for birdie on a par 5 on a hard uphill with a tucked pin, overshot it into the fringe, putted short of the hole by about 6 ft. Then putted downhill way too hard... that thing rolled and rolled. Made the 4-footer back. Seriously... almost coulda had a 5-putt lol. FML

Edited by jkelley9

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

1 hour ago, Gunther said:

I'm trying to figure the math here.  If you were on 8 greens in reg and had 6 one-putts, that's 6-under.  2-putt the other 2 GIRs, that's -6 after 8.  In order to shoot +5, with another 2-putt, you got on that hole in 13 and took a 15?

EDIT: disregard, missed the 0 GIR line.  I guess "n GIR" means near the green.  My bad.

exactly

-Jonny

• Administrator
On 12/8/2016 at 10:49 AM, Gunther said:

You have a copy of LSW

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11 hours ago, JonMA1 said:

Amateurs....

Putts.jpg

It's encouraging to see that I am not alone

-Jonny

33 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

It's encouraging to see that I am not alone

If I serve any purpose on this site, it'd have to be reminding other members their games could be worse. :-D

Jon

Note: This thread is 2063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!