IGNORED

"Playing From a Position" à la Jim Venetos

RussUK

Oh boy… 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, phillyk said:

Plenty of people will eat it up.

Guess what? Rory McIlroy turns his shoulders over 120°… and turns his chest (rib cage) over 100. You can get the protraction/retraction of the shoulders that Jim seems to like… while also turning your chest, too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Plenty of people will eat it up.

Guess what? Rory McIlroy turns his shoulders over 120°… and turns his chest (rib cage) over 100. You can get the protraction/retraction of the shoulders that Jim seems to like… while also turning your chest, too.

Oh absolutely. But Rory is inconsistent and less powerful than Jim.😒

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

His videos remind me of a golfer who been lost in the desert for a while and has had too much sun.

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

9 hours ago, phillyk said:

Oh boy… 

Ah, the 'human spring coil and release ' model. Makes total sense. Lol.

Vishal S.

It’s actually embarrassing to watch him make such asinine statements. But like Erik said, people will eat it up. 

It’s no wonder these ‘method’ clowns avoid any real debates. Imagine if Jim said to his audience, ‘ next week I’m getting on GEARS and a TrackMan to show the true benefits of my swing method.’

Oh and BTW, Jim’s response to that would be, ‘ My 5+ hcp shows the truth..what’s yours?’

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Oh and BTW, Jim’s response to that would be, ‘ My 5+ hcp shows the truth..what’s yours?’

I would say ‘prove it’ to his HC claim.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I would say ‘prove it’ to his HC claim.

Shouldn’t you be working on your golf game rather posting here?

Another one of his classic responses when asked to prove anything.

Edited by Vinsk
  • Funny 1

• Administrator

Kevin, tell him to come out here for a day on GEARS for free.

I'll offer it up. But I get to share the GEARS videos and any data. Also, any video I record of his swings.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

47 minutes ago, iacas said:

Kevin, tell him to come out here for a day on GEARS for free.

I'll offer it up. But I get to share the GEARS videos and any data. Also, any video I record of his swings.

I will do that. 

• 4 months later...
On 5/25/2020 at 10:54 AM, Vinsk said:

I use JV method. I recommend you try it. As stated in the thread it’s limitations are swing speed, trouble lies ( large downhill, side hill) which Jim won’t agree with but are simply true. I’m playing some really nice golf with this method. I think it’s excellent for those of us who just don’t have the talent for the ‘conventional’ swing. I’m able to slip off this swing sometimes and do a ‘modified’ JV swing when I need a shot that’s difficult to do with a closed stance. Otherwise I believe you’ll enjoy golf again if you do this method correctly.

Note: Most of my criticisms of this method are of Jim’s repetitive claims of the conventional swing being ‘wrong.’ I also don’t believe JV swings his driver 118mph with no weight shift. JV also teaches that the short game is where strokes are saved, not the long game. 

you must be a woman..your posts are very confusing...it seemed from all the posts you have made (more than the guy you said posts too much on this thread) that you hated the JV method , but you allegedly use it..ps.who care about the science of the swing..it is.wether it works.for some people..i was talking to the greens mower while he was cutting the practice green..he.said "I will fix your swing" and hopped off his mower. He.asked for a club and ball and took a perfect shot using the jim ventos method. He.showed me how to do it and told me i will hit perfect shots. I hit a perfect one and have hit all perfect shots for the last couple of weeks. Beat paying the pga pro $150 usd /45 minutes for so, so, instruction. All that matters is that it works for someone..especially for me..don't care about you.

Edited by hoganbenn

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, hoganbenn said:

you must be a woman

Insulting women is your tactic here?

it seemed from all the posts you have made (more than the guy you said posts too much on this thread) that you hated the JV method , but you allegedly use it.

My reading of it is:

• He uses the technique for the most part.
  • He doesn't particularly care for the marketing BS (or the general BS, either) of JV himself.

He can speak for himself, so I'll keep it short, but… that's how I've read what he's said.

ps.who care about the science of the swing..it is.wether it works.for some people.

The science is relevant to "whether it works." And the science IS what "swing theory" type stuff is about.

Nobody's told anyone here who wants to use the technique not to do so. The conversation has mostly been about:

• The tradeoffs you're making.
  • The outlandish, ridiculous claims (falsities).

I hit a perfect one and have hit all perfect shots for the last couple of weeks. Beat paying the pga pro $150 usd /45 minutes for so, so, instruction. All that matters is that it works for someone..especially for me..don't care about you.

Congrats on becoming a +6!

• Thumbs Up 1