Sign in to follow this  
RussUK

YouTube Instruction Discussion

62 posts / 13708 viewsLast Reply

Watching people swing a club is more informative than listening to what they have to say about it.  I've often wondered if caddying was a better introduction to the game than formal instruction.  Humping bags around the course gives you a clear picture of what a good swing, as well as temperment, looks like.  Byron Nelson and Ben Hogan, to name two, started out that way and I have to believe that the swings of the better members influenced their development.  It is easier, for me, to have an image of what I'm trying to do rather than someone else's explanation.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Everything I have learned so far has come from YouTube videos. I am by no means a great golfer but I have improved a lot since starting. I found yt vids very good for info on basics like grip and the fact you need to hit the ball before the ground, ball placement etc. 

I regularly shooting the 80’s now which to some people on here is obviously not great but to me it is after a year of playing. 

On 10/18/2018 at 8:47 AM, iacas said:

If you can't break 100, or 90, or even 80… your swing has "issues."

Also… @golfsidekick is kind of a douche:

We've discussed these videos in other topics, too. Not a fan.

LOL - says the guy telling people their swings have issues if they can't break 100, 90 or 80. Not a fan of that myself. Dunning-Kruger.

faldo_2615098k.jpg

Regrets? Sir Nick Faldo has a few, but none at the course where he sang My Way. And, with that in mind, when he returns to play in next week’s Open at Muirfield he will be determined to make it rather more than an emotional...

4 hours ago, golfsidekick said:

LOL - says the guy telling people their swings have issues if they can't break 100, 90 or 80. Not a fan of that myself. Dunning-Kruger.

A bit of an odd little character you are. But surely you can come up with something better than that. Not being able to break 100, 90 or 80 certainly means a swing has issues. Dunning-Kruger? Lol! Look chief, the next time you go googling psycho-analytical terms be a bit more accurate and have some sort of intelligent point to the term you find. @iacas enjoys helping people play this game better. It’s just that simple. He couldn’t care less if another player or student is better than him. He just tells it like it is and doesn’t sugar coat or con people in believing something that isn’t true. Now perhaps you have something to discuss regarding YouTube instruction?

19 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

A bit of an odd little character you are. But surely you can come up with something better than that. Not being able to break 100, 90 or 80 certainly means a swing has issues. Dunning-Kruger? Lol! Look chief, the next time you go googling psycho-analytical terms be a bit more accurate and have some sort of intelligent point to the term you find. @iacas enjoys helping people play this game better. It’s just that simple. He couldn’t care less if another player or student is better than him. He just tells it like it is and doesn’t sugar coat or con people in believing something that isn’t true. Now perhaps you have something to discuss regarding YouTube instruction?

And it took him four months to write that scathing response too!😜

14 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

And it took him four months to write that scathing response too!😜

Too busy with his youtube video's. Nice hat!

0-7.jpg 

1 minute ago, RussUK said:

Too busy with his youtube video's. Nice hat!

0-7.jpg 

“I bet you get a free bowl of soup with that hat.”😜