Sign in to follow this  
Al Bundy

I Keep Striking the Toe

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

I have a problem...

...with every club I have a habit of striking the off the toe.  I've tried for a while to set my address on the heel, and occasionally I get a good hit.  When I do hit the ball properly, I can definitely feel it.  I've heard swing inside to out, grip, ball position, tee height, back swing, down swing, turning the wrist, etc.  

What do you guys and gals think? Is it grip (I use a semi-strong grip with an interlock grip).  Every decent shot is a fade and every bad one is a slice.

Need some advice.

Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Could be as simple as a set-up issue or as complex as a swing fault.

Start a My Swing thread with DTL and FO video and we'll see if we can help.

Unless you want random guesses based on your description, in which case, I'm gonna go with your socks are too tight.

:-P

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Man that sounds painful.  I'd say you're swinging too close to your body but you should wear protective work boots until you get it figured out.

where is the weight on your feet at setup? heels/toes/balls/middle foot?

If you are on your toes you may be falling backwards on the downswing causing the toe strikes

I agree with posting a swing video to give people a chance to look at your swing. One thought,  I found that I was hitting the ball out toward the toe because I was lifting my head slightly, causing me to lean away from the ball and not getting good weight transfer, 5sk key #1 and #2 issue.  Once I identified that, the toe hits have virtually stopped completely.

Edited by metbid

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades