IGNORED

Have you played golf on Thanksgiving or another holiday?

bkuehn1952
Note: This thread is 2703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Golf on a Holiday  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Have you played golf on any or all of the following?

• Thanksgiving
    • Christmas Eve
    • Christmas Day
    • New Year's Eve
    • New Year's Day
    • Super Bowl Sunday
    • Your & your spouse's anniversary
    • Your spouse's birthday

I've played on all of the ones on the list plus I played the day of my wedding and the day after my wedding. :beer:

• Upvote 3

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played today, Thanksgiving. 

(What I'm about to say isn't against Japanese. It's about these particular Japanese. In other words, the following is not meant to be racist.)

The thing I somehow forgot about is that any day off where the course is open, you'll have a set of Japanese fellas playing Kittyhawk's Eagle course in the morning. Locally known as the Japanese Mafia (Yakuza). Coming off the practice green, three of them sped from the parking lot to the first green. Knowing none of them let Gaijin played through, I figured slow the pace and play two balls. It was ok for three holes and then walking on to the fourth tee box I see six SIX more Japs on hole 5. Played No. 4 as slowly as possible, then waited for half an hour to play five.

Mind you I'd just signed my privlege rate agreement not to skip holes, but there was no one else out, no rangers and I wasn't going to waste the day out. Darted over to No. 8 and got on my way. I past them on on 17 as they made their turn. Was back home in plenty of time for dinner.

I was slated to play last Xmas but chose not to. I would play any of the above if I had the daylight and a course open that time of year.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I never have but I easily could . . honestly, holidays would be one of the easiest times.  We usually go to my in-laws for holidays and they are so excited to see the grandkids and my wife is so excited to be home that I could easily slip away for 9 and not be missed at all.  Why has this never occurred to me before now?  I could've easily played golf today . .dangit!  I would've had to play alone, though . .but still . . . . I'm definitely playing golf this Christmas (if I can find someplace that's open and it doesn't rain).   

Checked all the options. Played on my wedding day, played almost every anniversary with my wife of course, used to be part of a friendly tourney on Thanksgiving day; really I should start a calendar with the eventual goal of playing every day of the year. But that's another thread!

Aloha,

iSank

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

None of the holidays because it's winter here. I have played on my anniversary with my wife! I've played on Easter too.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Pretty much all of them...

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I have played the week of Thanksgiving and the week of Christmas but not on the actual holiday.

I have played on New Years Day and later that week as well.  It can be tough up here as one never knows what the weather will be.

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Why no choice for your own B-Day ???

It's the most important holiday, just the fact that I'm lucky enough to still have them.   :-D 

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I've played all of those on the poll except Super Bowl Sunday.  Its not that I wouldn't play, but in mid-February we very rarely have golf weather.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I've only played golf for two seasons. I haven't played on any of the holidays listed. I have played Memorial Day, which is crawling with people - that's the busiest I've ever seen it around here.

If I could get away with it I would play 36 holes on Christmas and Thanksgiving, just to escape the stress. 

For the most part, Christmas Day is the only day courses are completely closed around here (TX).   I've got a special golf folder full of Thanksgiving shotguns (last week would've been a great day to play too). I've done NYE but the other days, golf is pretty far off the radar.

Note: This thread is 2703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!