IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge December 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2671 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

17 min. Alt Sklz trainer and driver. Trying to get my mind right about swinging from inside out. Can't be that hard. Feel like I am fighting off an inside pitch in baseball when I swing. Hope that's it. Gonna have to start taking video. 

Thursday, gonna play 18 since visitors will be with us all weekend. Will be challenge to meet the 5 min practice per day. Probably gonna have to sneak off (Hey Mico, what are you doing in the bathroom still?)

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Mico, what are you doing in the bathroom still?)

That's dedication. Nice.  I have done that at work on busy days. 

My practice today was watching my fresh evolvr video and working on incorporating the new setup tweaks

Edited by Wanzo

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12/19: 25 minutes in several 5min batches through the day. Still trying to get A3 to A4 solidified, based on pics from last lesson. Flat left wrist. Good shoulder turn, deep hands.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

12/20 - chipping w/putting method x 15 mins focused on line and speed.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 19: Played a "chilly" 18 holes this morning. Shot an 84 with 30 putts. Focus was to keep the ball in play, and live with what ever I had left over. Like I said it was bit on the chilly side. In the low 30s with a slight breeze when we started. Had some really good shots, and a few not so good. Finished the round with the same two balls I started with, which in itself was an achievement, with the water hazards, and the leaves every where. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Just spent about 20 mins doing the line drill in the sand. I cant believe how difficult it is to make 5 perfect swings in row !! Its tough for me anyway. Getting better though, I couldnt do 3 in a row just a short time ago. Have any of you tried this drill. Weight transfer and a forward swing bottom is the goal. You know instantly if you missed.

21 hours ago, Mico said:

17 min. Alt Sklz trainer and driver. Trying to get my mind right about swinging from inside out. Can't be that hard. Feel like I am fighting off an inside pitch in baseball when I swing. Hope that's it. Gonna have to start taking video. 

Thursday, gonna play 18 since visitors will be with us all weekend. Will be challenge to meet the 5 min practice per day. Probably gonna have to sneak off (Hey Mico, what are you doing in the bathroom still?)

@Mico My practicing in the bathroom days are over, haha. A round of golf is considered practice im sure bud. 5-mins wont be too much trouble bud, you're almost there. Hit Em Good this week !!!

• Upvote 1

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

Day 20; did about 30 minutes of swinging my Kallassy club. Not a straight 30 minutes, but in between raking leaves. It's just a maintenance club to help keep my body in swing shape. 

In My Bag:

20 min practice with a break through. I bought a thick welcome mat to serve as my practice surface so now I can practice my iron without leaving a divot in the wood floor. Did my alt Sklz swing trainer with the driver for 12 minutes and then 8 min of alternating Sklz with my 7 iron. What a difference. I was whiffing with the seven, not hitting the floor as I worked on inside out swing. This makes me think that I need more work with my irons.

gonna have to invest in some almost golf balls too

Continued working on hand position at and during take away to increase depth.  Feeling some tension in and under the shoulder blade so I need to keep stretching (rotating) back slowly. :)

12/21- mirror work at the gym. Focuses on getting weight to start forward at the start of the downswing.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Headed to the range to work on the short game a bit. The course is closed Christmas day but you can walk it for free, so thats my plan. Looking forward to that !! When you have to walk to the ball, it makes sense to keep it in the short grass, haha. Might hit a bucket with my long irons as well. Always a good thing I reckon !!

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

Day 21; did some more swings with my Kallassy club. About 30 minutes worth in between other outdoor chores. Again, this is just a maintenance club exercise to keep my body in golf swing shape. 

In My Bag:

12/21 - 20 min range session. Hit irons well with focus on steady head and balanced weight shift. Struggled initially with driver, but slowed my transition and did better, focusing on getting my hands deeper with an inside-out swing.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

12/21: 15 min. slow motion full swings in mirror. Focus on backswing elements from last few lessons, but also went through full swing slow motion to get the continuity.  Gonna hit 49F tomorrow and sunny. Range day- but only problem is that my favorite range has sun glare issues that time of day. Will see.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

1/2 hour take aways to check deeper hand position.  Afterwards hit a few balls.  Struck the ball terrible.  Must be working.  A sign of change for me.  :). Keep grinding.

Note: This thread is 2671 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!