IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge December 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2664 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12/24 - grip, stance, slow swings with focus on in-line impact position and low point control. Only 5 mins

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Guests went out to the pharmacy. Wife in the bedroom on the computer...got in five minutes of turn practice with hands folded across my chest and turn into backswing. I didn't even have to hide in the bathroom...yet! Merry Christmas!

Full swings on the range with my 6i and aw prior to playing 9 holes.  Wasn't striking the ball particularly well with the 6i.  Maybe 15%.

Played 18 again and grip practice has paid off. More consistent than usual but still not where I want to be. Hitting wedges in the back and putting while watching football

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

Day 23; more Kallassy swing sequences. Probably 15 minutes worth. Still pretty damp and cold out,  which does not collide well with this bronchitis I am getting over. Just keeping in swing shape, focusing on my in to out swing path. 

Day 24; worked on my flop shots today, using my 9i, and AW. Using a some what open stance, with an open club face, with the club face square to the targeted landing area, was my focus. Used 1/2, 3/4, and full swings for distance control. Probably 30 minutes spent on this. Just looking for that high arc ball flight, with little or no roll from the ball when it lands. This is my favorite shot to use when ever I can. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Spending the day at SeaWorld, so got practice in early. Trying a new drill that I thought of last night. I'm putting my right hand lower on the grip and making a bunch of slow practice swings. 

- Shane

Merry Christmas Everybody !!!  Walked 18 today for the first time. No push cart and no caddie either, haha. What an experience, thats the best. I learned alot about slowing down and thinking between shots. Im tired but sports are hard work. Great practice at the chipping green afterward too. Really great day

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

On 12/24/2016 at 10:53 AM, woodzie264 said:

12/24 - grip, stance, slow swings with focus on in-line impact position and low point control. Only 5 mins

Christmas Day - ditto 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 24; work on my flop shots today, using my 9i, and AW. Using a some what open stance, with an open club face, with the club face square to the target area. 

Day 25; went to the short game practice area. I recieved 4 dozen of those Kirkland balls, and  loaded 14 of them into my shag stick. Spent about an hour on putting, chips, and pitches. Going to work on getting familiar to these new balls. Not much difference from my normal gamers as far I can tell. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

5 min. Arms crossed over chest, slow back turn and uncoil. Worked on sequencing of coil starting with shoulders and uncoil starting with lower body. Hard

and yes I did it in the bathroom lol. Merry Christmas

12/26 - slow pitch swings with focus on wrist hinge back & impact position

-Jonny

!st at the course today. Had a great round for me ...84 with 34 putts. All this practice is paying off, 79 is coming. It was a pretty windy day and I played the wind better than I ever have.

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

Note: This thread is 2664 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!