IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge December 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just made 100% on the 6ft circle putting !!! 1st time ever that ive completed that drill. I started at 3ft and made it all the way through the 6ft circle. Thats 40 putts in a row !! Red letter day !

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

12/10 - worked on low point control with alignment rod 4" behind ball. I kept hitting the alignment rod during my takeaway so I switched it to a flatter stick (ruler).

12/11 - ditto 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

12/11: 10 minutes backswing. Reviewed old evolvr notes on backswing and found one about hand position at A3 from way back (I was drawing hands in too far, too early at the time). Verified that I had mostly fixed that. Worked on address to A4, as well as the feel of the start of the downswing. 

Backswing feeling quite short and controlled now. It's getting hard to imagine how I got to the crazy positions I used to get to- that once felt so natural. Progress!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Played 18 today. The inside out swing practice did not help--slicing off the tee and losing shots thru first nine, no fairways hit. Second nine, drive went back to old cut drives and started to find fairway. Short game was great--chipping and putting kept me in bogies during first round and almost broke par on the second nine at 37!

Played 18 this morning and ran out of talent again-88. So frustrating !! Im trying to hard or something. Im like the tin man with no oil on the last couple holes. Playing the forward tees from now on until i break 80 , atleast that way i will know what its like to be there. (LSW) abvice. Putting now to blow off steam.

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

35 minutes ago, Strat-Pack Rick said:

Played 18 this morning and ran out of talent again-88. So frustrating !! Im trying to hard or something. Im like the tin man with no oil on the last couple holes. Playing the forward tees from now on until i break 80 , atleast that way i will know what its like to be there. (LSW) abvice. Putting now to blow off steam.

Hey, 88 is a very good score from the back tees so don't beat yourself up too much. Remember a ridiculous number of golfers never beat 90 in their entire lives.

switching to whites is a great idea to build confidence and provide a new look at your home course.

Beating 80 from any tees on any course is a major accomplishment!

good luck!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mico said:

Hey, 88 is a very good score from the back tees so don't beat yourself up too much. Remember a ridiculous number of golfers never beat 90 in their entire lives.

switching to whites is a great idea to build confidence and provide a new look at your home course.

Beating 80 from any tees on any course is a major accomplishment!

good luck!

@Mico Well thanks bud, I appreciate your support. However, I am playing from the whites. Im usually making 85-87 with my best being 83. Ive been so close so many times and I just cant seem to get there. I think about it too much and choke. Im moving up to the senior tees, haha. Come talk with us on the breaking 90 thread. Im supposed to report my practice here but i just got on a rant. See you over there bud.

• Upvote 1

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

Dec 11: Went to my local practice facility where I started off with some practice chipping and putting. Hit about thirteen balls on the driving range and then played eighteen holes of par 3 golf. There was no one on the course so I was able to play two, sometimes three balls on various holes. I also had the opportunity to repeat some of my pitches two or three times. Afterwards, I hit some more balls, working on my three wood, hybrids and four iron.

It is important to expect nothing, to take every experience, including the negative ones, as merely steps on the path, and to proceed.”. Ram Dass

Walked 18. Ugly first 6 holes. Turned off my game golf and finished out the 9 birdie, bogey, par. Had 2 chip ins on the back. One for bird and the other for bogey. Something about that thing gets in my head. 

- Shane

I almost never play on a weekend due to the weekend golfers being so plentiful. Today was the exception. 

Day 11; seems our supt also plays golf and found out I fool around with the game too. Since she only has the weekends off, she asked if I would go with her. We played 18. 

I actually put some effort into today's match. I paid attention to my address, and alignment. I paid more attention to my landing areas. I choked down on the various clubs I used, while using a shorter back swing on all my approach shots. 

You know what? I shot an 81. I missed two, 3' putts. Ones I have seen, and made before. My boss? Well, she shot a really nice 78. Yep. A girl beat me straight up. Apparently she played college golf about 20 years ago. :-O

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

3 hours ago, Strat-Pack Rick said:

@Mico Well thanks bud, I appreciate your support. However, I am playing from the whites. Im usually making 85-87 with my best being 83. Ive been so close so many times and I just cant seem to get there. I think about it too much and choke. Im moving up to the senior tees, haha. Come talk with us on the breaking 90 thread. Im supposed to report my practice here but i just got on a rant. See you over there bud.

Solid 80s, very cool. it will come.

why are you talking about breaking 80 on the "breaking 90 thread"? as my nephew used to say, " That not nice."

12/12 - chipping x 20 mins primarily working on pace. I holed out 3-4 from 30ft which is great for me. Then, over lunch break, hit gumballs outside at work with a SW working on initiating the backswing with hips.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

12/12: 15 minutes working on A3 to A4. My work the past couple weeks has been good ONLY because it has raised awareness of how the club and arms work in the backswing- but my positions have been off (instructor feedback). I think this new change will be ok, but just need to so lots of reps.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Day 12; got in a little chipping practice this morning. Focus was on alignment, stance, and landing areas with different clubs. Hit 56 balls after warming up. Graded myself a C+ for effort. 

Also,  I am pretty good at utilizing whats available for a make shift practice area. When playing I sometimes find myself in need of a low carry, running shot to get out from under trees. I have an area that works just great to practice that type of shot. Gripping down,  playing the ball a little further back in my stance, with an abreviated swing worked well for me to hit a landing area about 50 yards away. I had to stay under 6 trees, and miss some large boulders to get to that landing area. 

What ever keeps me interested. :-)

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Putting practice with my 3-4-6 ft circles. Takeaway in the mirror. Really just grip stuff !

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

• Administrator

12/12: Watching the Pens and doing a little putting.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!