IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge December 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Went outdoors as the house is a wreck from cleaning and painting. Cleared a space in the backyard by moving some chairs and the hammock (was tempted to just collapse in the hammock for a little siesta, but I didn't!)

20 min. Alternate Sklz swing trainer and the 7 iron. Thumping each sequence was far more gratifying outside cause didn't have to worry about damaging the floor. As I got to the wrist hinge segment, turn and swing from inside felt pretty good. Stepped it up to the driver with ok results albeit inside out swings felt better when I mixed in 7 iron between swings with Sklz and driver.

tomorrow i play my last 18 holes of the year. Very excited to take the swing practice to the range and course.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Day 28; It was long game practice for me today. Weather was such, no extra clothes were needed. Focus was on alignment, ball position and grip. I used my preshot routine for all my practice shots. Used the range flags to make a narrow fairway, and landing area. Once warmed up I hit 42 balls with my driver, 3 & 5 woods. Another 10 balls were of the swinging for the fence type with my driver. 5 stayed in my make shift fairway, and two others would have been playable. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Extra credit. Hit balls into the net while grilling using the right hand low. I'm thinking that I reverted during my round today. Must keep working through this until it's fully ingrained. 

- Shane

Good thread for everyone in this thread. By definition, we are all working on something to be more "competent" at some skill.

• Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

12/29 -  6-8 ft putts working on bead. I realize that I'm seeing things to the right and repeatedly miss to the right. This happens on the course as well. I know the easy answer is aim more left than I think I should, but that's hard to do.  :angry:

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 29. Spent some time on the the practice putting green this morning. Focus was on 6-10 foot putts, and green reads. Finished up putting from one flag to the next one. The green I was on has 6 flags. Went clockwise, and counter clockwise for 18 reads. Finished with 34 putts. 

In My Bag:

Backswing length practice !! If I dont fix this 30-40 chip shot I cant break 80. So close

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

Played 18. Swing was definitely on today. Felt practice swings from the inside plus swinging though the ball )instead of hitting the ball) worked. For good measure, hit two buckets of balls afterward to work on inside out swing 

12/29: 10 minutes of backswing and left wrist focus. Isolating on a feel and exaggerating the "opposite of cupping" (instructor called it arching wrist, I think?). Reminder I need to get some of this terminology down regarding positions/movements of joints: pronate, supination, internal rotation, external rotation, bowing, arching, etc. Probably a list somewhere.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Baby it's cold outside, so I'm doing some slow swings in the living room this morning. I hope eventually this non-cupped backswing will be natural.

Thankfully I remembered to practice and didn't forget to post all month. One more day. I hope I don't screw this up at the last minute. 

- Shane

3 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

I hope eventually this non-cupped backswing will be natural.

Exactly. And then let's hope the non-cupped downswing works out ok too.

12/30: 15 minutes backswing in 5min blocks. Also worked initial transition move to flatten swing, while keeping the wrist from cupping. Basically solidifying feel of left wrist.

My Swing

12/30 - slow take-aways with focus on steady head with slowed downswing focusing on inline impact and low point control...with 8i

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 30; worked on my flop shots this morning at the practice area. Used my wedges and 9i for distance numbers. Focused on set up, and open club face alignment. Hit balls over a bunker to a pin about 15 feet on the other side. Had a good morning. 

In My Bag:

Just got back from my practice facility. I chipped probably 200 balls from 30-40-50-60 yds. Its an area of my game that is costing me strokes every round. I focused mainly on my 58 wedge but i did do some bump and runs with 7-8 irons trying to attack these distances from all different kinds of ways. I never hit a ball from the same spot so i wouldnt just groove the shot. I will continue this effort forever I think. Dustin Johnson won a major after getting his touch with his wedges so I feel breaking 80 is my major right now. I will get there !! Hit Em Good Yall. Happy New Year !!

@iacas Im playing a round in the morning at 8:32a.m. Ive practiced my tail off this month and plan on doing it every day im breathing from now on. If i need to post when I get home I will but I havent missed a day and look forward to my clock, haha. Going for 79 hard tomorrow, I will let yall know how it turns out. Thanks for all you do. Happy New Year and Hit Em Good !!!

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

12/30 - 10 minutes putting in the morning in the basement. I got a new grip and want to get used to it. 

In the afternoon, went to an outdoor range and worked on a new drill from my Evolvr lesson. Hit mostly wedges and a 7 iron with partial swings. It was 35F out and I was hitting into a 20 mph wind onto arctic tundra. Fun.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

20 min alt Sklz swing trainer and 7 iron. 10 thumps per sequence--arms takeaway, "y" and back wrist hinge. Find the iron swing helps my driver swing. Tried a similar sequence with the driver--arm takeaway and brush thru, next halfway back, then "y" and "L" before full swings. Struggle with inside out on full swing and tried to reduce swing force to focus on form

With Sklz swing I could almost feel a pull through with natural whip at end. Can't get same feeling with the driver

5 hours ago, Strat-Pack Rick said:

@iacas. Going for 79 hard tomorrow, I will let yall know how it turns out. Thanks for all you do. Happy New Year and Hit Em Good !!!

@Strat-Pack RickGood luck tomorrow breaking 80. Get yourself some birdies early and often!

• Upvote 1

12/31 - grip, stance, slow take aways with focus on deep hands,  and balanced weight shift. 

Six months straight of completed 5min challenge.

Happy New Year's Eve - Be safe!

• Upvote 2

-Jonny

Note: This thread is 2666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!