IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge December 2016

Note: This thread is 1673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

10 minutes alternate Sklz and driver. Took time to do slow motion to see if I could identify where I am preventing myself from doing an inside outside swing 

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

12/31 - grip, stance, slow take aways with focus on deep hands,  and balanced weight shift.  Six months straight of completed 5min challenge. Happy New Year's Eve - Be safe!

Posted Images

12/9: 20 minutes mirror work. A3 to A4 for 5 minutes, and start of downswing move to shallow. 15 minutes playing with steepness with slow downswings: hand path, and club path- experimenting with different ways of swinging the hands through the ball, sensing how the club reacts. Making progress understanding my tendencies, which is to yank my hands left.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Starting my yardage book today !!!! Im building my own. Im drawing every hole to scale (as close as I can ) and im marking my typical landing zones so i can really dial in my shot zones. I figure I can do 6 holes or more before dark. Im playing Sunday so I can finish up then.  Im gonna break 80 dang it. Gotta do work !!

13 minutes ago, Strat-Pack Rick said:

Starting my yardage book today !!!! Im building my own. Im drawing every hole to scale (as close as I can ) and im marking my typical landing zones so i can really dial in my shot zones. I figure I can do 6 holes or more before dark. Im playing Sunday so I can finish up then.  Im gonna break 80 dang it. Gotta do work !!

OT- but @DaveP043- have any advice for how to do a good yardage book? That book you did for our meetup was incredible. I came across a wrinkled up copy of the one you did for Stoneleigh in my van the other day, as i cleared out the season's worth of "collectibles."

55 minutes ago, RandallT said:

OT- but @DaveP043- have any advice for how to do a good yardage book? That book you did for our meetup was incredible. I came across a wrinkled up copy of the one you did for Stoneleigh in my van the other day, as i cleared out the season's worth of "collectibles."

That was a winter project a few years ago.  For my work, I have access to a simple (and inexpensive) computer drafting program that I used, called TurboCADD.  The first step was to capture satellite photos of each hole, like you can get from Google Earth.  I imported those photos into the CADD program, and essentially traced all the visible features.  Then I went to the course, and used a friend's GPS to get a single measurement for each hole, so I could go back home and scale each hole properly in the CADD program.  Once that was done, I could pull the yardages to or from the various features automatically.  It took a bit of back and forth to add in the various terrain features, and to decide what yardages I wanted to include, but I'm pleased with the way its turned out.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

That was a winter project a few years ago.  For my work, I have access to a simple (and inexpensive) computer drafting program that I used, called TurboCADD.  The first step was to capture satellite photos of each hole, like you can get from Google Earth.  I imported those photos into the CADD program, and essentially traced all the visible features.  Then I went to the course, and used a friend's GPS to get a single measurement for each hole, so I could go back home and scale each hole properly in the CADD program.  Once that was done, I could pull the yardages to or from the various features automatically.  It took a bit of back and forth to add in the various terrain features, and to decide what yardages I wanted to include, but I'm pleased with the way its turned out.

Man im doing this the hard way. I thought I was doing good too !! I took the course book and enlarged the pictures of the holes using graph paper. Then I went and shot the holes today with my Bushnell and got accurate yardages. My way is alot more labor intense haha. The problem with mine is that the pages are as big as notebook paper. It will work I reckon. Your way is probably alot better. Nice !!!! Hit Em Good Yall !!

This is my first time posting in this thread but I want to jump in now to hold myself accountable even though it's not the 1st of the month. Worked on the wall drill when I could for 5 min chunks throughout the day. Also practiced some setup tweaks, eyes more down at ball, hips a bit more forward, legs a little straighter.   

Headed to the course to work on my yardage book some more. Also gonna take my 54* wedge and try some 3/4 flighted shots. Par 3---- #2---- If you cant hit a draw with your 5i-6i you're dead meat. Tree up the left side that takes half the green out of play. Hate that tree. Yardage book making really heightens your awareness of everything.

Playe 9 holes with my son in law this morning. Played pretty well with a 39, with 14 putts. Never used my driver because I just never felt "loose enough" to swing it due to the chilly temps. Just went with what I had swing wise. Really happy I switched to the left hand low putting grip. Then again, perhaps it was my old "Rail Gun" putter I took out of moth balls for nostalgia reasons. 

Day 10; spent some time swinging my Kallassy club off an on over a 45 minute stretch. It' s a swing maintenance club for me to keep some body parts in swing shape. After I clean up some leaves in the side yard, I will probably hit some chips to various targets. 

30 min of my priority of correct hip turn with the wall drill, feel hips moving away from wall to eliminate sway, mixed in some setup practice and slow mo swings with a mirror. 

12/10 I'm out of the challenge since I missed some practicing.  Today, I took my eight iron and some practice balls up to the park near my house. I hit from one end of the soccer field to the other, trying to keep my shots close to the opposite goal net. I went up there with six balls and came home with six. During the walk home, I stopped at an empty lot and worked on some eight iron chipping.

10 min Alt. Sklz trainer and driver. Trying to check all points to ensure an in to out swing.

grip, take away, turn, transition and swing through.

did a few half swings to the top of the backswing to check takeaway and turn

Put a chair behind me to make sure no swaying.

El Alemán has a tournament tomorrow so I get to practice on range and play on the course with my new swing and no pressure

• iacas unpinned and unfeatured this topic
Note: This thread is 1673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!