IGNORED

Best and worst Nicknames in Golf

Bluenoser67
Note: This thread is 5329 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think the best nickname going right now is "Tommy Two Gloves" The worst is "lumpy"
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Best: Kevin Stadler: Walrus

Worst: Michelle Wie: Big Wiesey

Weapons of Choice:

Driver: HiBore XL
Woods: 3 & 5 Power Play Caman's
Irons: Rac'sWedges: Professional Open Series 690 52 & 60 degreePutter: Crimson Series 550Bag: Stand BagGlove: MLBall: JUICE

my name's daniel, and i have a passing resemblance to john goodman, so a lot of my friends that i play with call me "big dan" after his character in "o brother where art thou?" i don't really feel one way or other about it, i don't suppose.

Zinger - Paul Azinger
Gentle Ben - Ben Crenshaw
Merry Mex - Lee Trevino
Boss of the Moss - Loren Roberts
Laddie - Gary Player

My two faves of all time have to be Golden Bear and the Walrus.

:cobra: Amp Driver 10.5*(R)
:tmade: Burner 3W 15*(R)
:tmade: Burner 2.0 Rescue 3-4
:titleist: 714 AP1 Irons 5-pw, gw(Steel XP95 R300)
:callaway: MD3 Wedges 56, 60
:nickent:Omen Long Putter(un-anchored)

My nicknames are 'Golf Tan', or 'The Cannon'. 'Golf Tan' is because, of course, I have a pretty mean golf tan. Forearms, neck, and below the knees are nice and tan. Upper arms, torso, and my upper legs are so white, if you stare at them for more than 15 seconds you will be snow blinded.

'The Cannon' because I can blast it out there pretty good, but also have a temper if I play pretty bad

I like Tim Herron's nickname. I've always liked the guy. I also like The Golden Bear (Jack Nicklaus), Fluff (Jim Furyk's caddy. I love Jim Furyk), and Lefty of course. (Phil Mickelson)

Throw in there The Walrus (Craig Stadler), The Squire (Gene Sarazen), Boom-Boom (Fred Couples), and El Nino (Sergio Garcia).

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

The worst nickname is Alice, whenever a male's putt ends up significantly short. Unless you're talking to a certain "golf monster," in which case calling him 'Alice' is perfectly acceptable.

Haha, I think 'Alice' is the best. Especially when you're playing with two older guys who are always on each other's cases and constantly calling each other that. Hilarious.

Driver: Cobra Speed Pro S X/10.5*
3W: TaylorMade Rescue
Irons: Adams Ovation 3 (4-LW)
Putter: Ping Zing 2i
Ball: Noodle + Long & SoftGlove: FootJoy SofJoyShoes: FootJoy GreenJoyShort term goals:Break 92 for 18 holesShoot 5 pars or better in one round.

Zinger - Paul Azinger

Ha, someone beat me to it!

Definitely my favorite golf nickname is "The Boss of the Moss" !! Worst nickname is probably "the big wiesy" (i'm hoping still that its a joke or it doesn't stick)

Lefty Golfer!
In my light stand bag:
R7 Limited Driver 9.5* Matrix Ozik xcon 5.5 Stiff Shaft
A3os 3 (19*) and 4 (22*) Hybrids Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff shafts
X-22's 5-AW Regular Flex Uniflex Steel Shafts X-Forged SW 56* & LW 60* 35" Studio Stainless Newport 2.5 ('04 version) with a...

I believe that a good "golf name" is as important to golf as any piece of equipment and since I believe that Tiger's is the best.

A "Tiger" is an animal that takes no prisoners and "Woods" is a particular piece of golf equipment so that makes for a great combo in a Golf name.

So I have chosen for myself the golf name of Elephant Irons. It fits rather well since I am over 300 lbs. I even have a hat and golf towel with the name on it.

My brother has since adopted the moniker of Buffalo Balls.

In the Bag

Custom Built
Driver - R7 Draw 460 / Matrix Studio 84 Shaft X-Stiff
3 Wood - Kest S S.D. T-Steel / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-Stiff5 Wood - Kent S S.D. T-Steel / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-Stiff3 Hybrid - RX Low Pro / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-StiffIrons - 4-PW C1 Tour / Precision Rifle...

Wedges - Titlest Vokey Wedges SM5 56-14 and 52-12

Best: Kevin Stadler: Walrus

FWIW, Craig Stadler is known as The Walrus. I don't know of any nickname that's stuck for his son, Kevin.......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow I can't believe noone mentioned "The Walrus". Of course now he looks more like John Goodman.

lol, I think you were just comparing him to Mike Holmgren, not John Goodman.

I've always liked Brad Bryant, aka Dr. Dirt.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wasn't Craig Perry called Popeye

I was given the name Banny Rooster because I never really stop moving. That has been shortened to Rooster or Brooster.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

lol, I think you were just comparing him to Mike Holmgren, not John Goodman.

As a Seahawks fan, I feel obliged to observe that... Huh, Mike (The OTHER Walrus) does do a mean John Goodman.

Currently in my bag:  Under Revision

As a Seahawks fan, I feel obliged to observe that... Huh, Mike (The OTHER Walrus) does do a mean John Goodman.

Gah, what a dunderhead mistake I made. I just did a search for him real quick to get a picture. I thought the one on the right was him with a shaved mustache. My bad.

In my Acuity bag:

Driver: HiBore XL
Woods: Acuity 3 Wood and 3I-hybrid
Irons: Acuity oversized cavity backs 4 - PWWedges: Tourney Silver Scot 192Putter: Acuity half-malletBall: XL 5000 Super Straight

padraig harrington's, "paddy", is probly the worst nickname on tour.

Not really a nickname... it's his name. Like calling John "Johnny".

No one's mentioned "Lefty" yet.

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Note: This thread is 5329 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!