Sign in to follow this  
MiKl

Fitting for tall and short golfers

Note: This thread is 976 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

8 posts / 1271 viewsLast Reply

Hi, I made an android app (free app) for shaft length calculation and lie angle. It is especialy made for all golfers who do not fit to the standard. Mostly women, tall and short golfers.

I would be glad if the app can help you: go to google play store and search for "biofitting"

Please feel free to ask me or to make a review at google play store. I try to make the iTunes version too.

Mike

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

30 minutes ago, MiKl said:

Hi, I made an android app (free app) for shaft length calculation and lie angle. It is especialy made for all golfers who do not fit to the standard. Mostly women, tall and short golfers.

I would be glad if the app can help you: go to google play store and search for "biofitting"

Please feel free to ask me or to make a review at google play store. I try to make the iTunes version too.

Mike

This site does reviews, where one (or more) of us dives in and gives it a test drive. Let us know if you're interested in that.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Basically all that matters is your wrist to floor, or wrist to ground measurement. Some really tall guys also have really long arms.

If you measure this distance in the setup position you are right. If you stand straight than there are very big differences possible. For a standard guy the difference can be from plus 2 inch to minus 3 inch. Try it out and compare some players. The app needs only the joints measurements (hip, wrist, shoulder) of the body the rest is geometry that does not fail.

Mike

On 12/13/2016 at 7:27 PM, Buckeyebowman said:

Basically all that matters is your wrist to floor, or wrist to ground measurement. Some really tall guys also have really long arms.

Taller folks generally do have longer arms since one's measurement from finger tip to finger tip (wing span) generally correlates with their height. 

On 12/14/2016 at 3:11 AM, MiKl said:

If you measure this distance in the setup position you are right. If you stand straight than there are very big differences possible. For a standard guy the difference can be from plus 2 inch to minus 3 inch. Try it out and compare some players. The app needs only the joints measurements (hip, wrist, shoulder) of the body the rest is geometry that does not fail.

Mike

Agree!  the simple wrist to floor while standing straight up does not tell the whole story.  the geometry of a 5'10 player and a 6'5" player are completely different and they each inherently have different fitting issues / effects due to their height.

Note: This thread is 976 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!