Sign in to follow this  
golfdu

Which iron is 100 yards shorter than driver carry distance?

Note: This thread is 978 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

19 posts / 1864 viewsLast Reply

Hey guys, I am curious to which iron is usually 100 yards shorter than your average driver carry distance. Is it the 5, 6, or 7 iron?

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

My sand wedge carries the farthest (If I'm really, really, mad) but the difference is nowhere near 100 yards.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Depends on how I am playing.  When I play regularly my driver can carry about 275 or so.  When I play once a week at best 225 or so.  180 is about a 4 iron. 130 is about a 9 iron

I think I am a little off from most.  I carry my Driver about 220.  120 is a PW for me.

Assuming I hit a solid drive it's a 7 iron as 270-280 relates to the 170-180 yard 7 iron.  Of course I also have days where it doesn't seem to matter how hard I hit the ball my drive isn't going more than 250-260 and on those days it'd be a 9 or 8 iron.

51 minutes ago, 14ledo81 said:

I think I am a little off from most.  I carry my Driver about 220.  120 is a PW for me.

I bet you're not far off.  My stock 9-iron is 128, and I carry my driver 225ish.

Remember, this is the internet, where golfers of otherwise modest abilities routinely hit their 7-iron 180, and carry driver 280+.

;-)

Well, I carry my driver about 350, 370 if I get really good. My gap wedge is my go to 250 yard club. So I guess I'll say gap wedge.

(My real answer is that it's probably my 7 iron)

On 12/7/2016 at 11:03 PM, David in FL said:

9 iron.  About 15 yards gap for each club, all the way down the line.

I'm curious.  Why the question?

Me too! Seems to me to be easy enough to ascertain on the range!

Note: This thread is 978 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!