Favorite Thing about This Time of Year

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lengthening days.  They're finally long enough I can leave work @ 4:45 and walk 4-5 holes.  But the big one:  come Sunday morning -- start of Daylight Savings!!  Then, at least 12-13 holes after work,

Posted Images

March in FL is like the Friday night of the year.  All the bad stuff (Jan/Feb gloom and cold) is behind us and all the good stuff is either happening or in front of us.

Currently:

Freshwater fishing is on fire

Bay Hill

TPC

Longer days (can practice outside after work)

Springtime in general

Near future:

Masters

PGA

Inshore saltwater fishing will be on fire

• 2 months later...

Wow last post March? The spring into summer is my favorite time of the year. Yes the Masters, LPGA and PGA in full swing, Stanley Cup underway, College Baseball World Series, oh that nba soap opera has some good moments, just had the Monaco Grand Prix, just finished college D1 golf championships, Isle of Man TT (best race in the world) and now I am off work for 2 months. Golf games per week Up, miles on mountain bike Up, miles traveled Up. It’s the most wonderful time of year! 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 year later...

Mornings in the high 30s or low 40s keep everyone away, so I can play fast.

• 1 month later...

This time of year the spring peepers (small frogs) are awake and singing like crazy. The sound is almost deafening at night. It's great and let's us know that spring has sprung. Also - we're starting to see and hear the red-winged blackbirds. Another great song bird around here.

4 minutes ago, Zippo said:

This time of year the spring peepers (small frogs) are awake and singing like crazy. The sound is almost deafening at night. It's great and let's us know that spring has sprung. Also - we're starting to see and hear the red-winged blackbirds. Another great song bird around here.

And don't overlook the blossoming of the plum trees.  Always catches me by surprise, but a true harbinger of Spring.

11 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

And don't overlook the blossoming of the plum trees.  Always catches me by surprise, but a true harbinger of Spring.

Good point. Our plum tree is just at the budding stage but should be good before too long. I also saw several Garter snakes sunning themselves out by one of our ponds. Probably hoping to catch some of them spring peepers!

• Administrator

When you get a random stretch of a few 50-55° days and the golf course opens for a little play. It's wet, it's soft, it's slow, it's a slog… and everyone couldn't be happier to be out there.