IGNORED

The 2017 Newport Cup at Talamore Resort (Pinehurst, NC)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2385 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, bkuehn1952 said:

24 hours until the big announcement

Drum roll please ,.,.,.,.,.,.,.;;;
Who will be the NUMBER ONE Captain's Picks ???

My predictions -

East Coast - a tough choice. If I were the Captain, my choice would be @SavvySwede Vince has a great game and can play well under any conditions. But, I think Erik will choose @coachjimsc

West Coast - a simple choice. I believe Mike will choose @Pretzel

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

My predictions -

West Coast - a simple choice. I believe Mike will choose @Pretzel

@Pretzel hasn't submitted his video yet so I can't pick him ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

East Coast - a tough choice. If I were the Captain, my choice would be @SavvySwede Vince has a great game and can play well under any conditions. But, I think Erik will choose @coachjimsc

@SavvySwede hasn't submitted a video yet either. Heck I might only have one choice right now with a finished application.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 hours ago, mvmac said:

@Pretzel hasn't submitted his video yet so I can't pick him ;-)

Indeed. The icicles are melting though, with the 4 ft long (I'm not kidding) daggers starting to fall from the roofs of the buildings on campus. I should have the opportunity to play sometime soon again.

9 hours ago, iacas said:

@SavvySwede hasn't submitted a video yet either. Heck I might only have one choice right now with a finished application.

I should come up with something in the next week.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

6 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Indeed. The icicles are melting though, with the 4 ft long (I'm not kidding) daggers starting to fall from the roofs of the buildings on campus. I should have the opportunity to play sometime soon again.

No worries dude, I have a few guys to pick from in the short term. 

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Next steps have been met in my road to golf recovery.  I finished a big year-long project (organizational manpower study) last week that's kept me away from just about everything.  And the wife just signed the kids up for swim lessons at a place that has an indoor golf training facility next door, so starting next Saturday I'll get 1-1/2 hours of hitting bay time with trackman feedback every week.  And temps are on the rise.

I think by the first of April I should have a few callouses.  Looking forward to it.

• Upvote 2

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Just wondering if there would be any interest from guys in the area to go and hang out and watch the cup, as well as possibly play a round at a nearby course?  Maybe a 10 and over handicap version of the Newport Cup?

Could be fun to get a number of members out there just to watch and enjoy the festivities.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
On 3/6/2017 at 10:27 AM, tigerrag said:

Just wondering if there would be any interest from guys in the area to go and hang out and watch the cup, as well as possibly play a round at a nearby course?  Maybe a 10 and over handicap version of the Newport Cup?

Could be fun to get a number of members out there just to watch and enjoy the festivities.

You're welcome to do that, sure.

Could be really, really fun.

On 3/4/2017 at 5:33 AM, k-troop said:

I think by the first of April I should have a few callouses.  Looking forward to it.

And post enough, again, so that even the newer members get to know you. You bet. Welcome back (to golf).

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Obviously it's still early in the process, but I think things are shaping up pretty nicely for the West team. 

#1 pick @Golfingdad and I squared off in a friendly but competitive match this morning. He won the first hole and never relinquished that lead in a wire to wire win. 

I played ok, but when your opponent shoots a 35 on the front, it's tough to get anything going. Congrats Drew! Erik, you have your work cut out for you.....

• Upvote 2

Well this is embarrassing. I've put in a few more rounds the past 3-4 weeks with groups and I have absolutely blown it in terms of scoring. I'm absolutely terrible. Thought I could come back swinging since I (thought I) had good swing thoughts in my head still but I'm really struggling. I've shot 94, 95, 96 my last 3 rounds. Absolutely garbage putting - looking at some instruction soon. 

There's 0 chance I will be a legitimate single digit HC player for this. Maybe not even this season even though at the end of last season it looked like I would be able to achieve it. I guess too much time away from golf has hurt a lot more than I thought it would... :cry: Best case scenario I would be trending single digit if I get my game back together quickly but that's not what y'all are looking for I'm sure.

Best of luck to you guys though, have fun out there.

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

16 minutes ago, jkelley9 said:

Well this is embarrassing. I've put in a few more rounds the past 3-4 weeks with groups and I have absolutely blown it in terms of scoring. I'm absolutely terrible. Thought I could come back swinging since I (thought I) had good swing thoughts in my head still but I'm really struggling. I've shot 94, 95, 96 my last 3 rounds. Absolutely garbage putting - looking at some instruction soon. 

There's 0 chance I will be a legitimate single digit HC player for this. Maybe not even this season even though at the end of last season it looked like I would be able to achieve it. I guess too much time away from golf has hurt a lot more than I thought it would... :cry: Best case scenario I would be trending single digit if I get my game back together quickly but that's not what y'all are looking for I'm sure.

Best of luck to you guys though, have fun out there.

It's early. Plenty of time.

Vishal S.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, GolfLug said:

It's early. Plenty of time.

October is a long ways off. As is July.

43 minutes ago, jkelley9 said:

... There's 0 chance I will be a legitimate single digit HC player for this...

Hey!  Knock it off.  You have months to find your game. And don't forget that your competition for a spot comes from hackers like me and @GolfLug.  Let the process play out and maybe you will have a nice surprise in late summer.

Brian Kuehn

27 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Hey!  Knock it off.  You have months to find your game. And don't forget that your competition for a spot comes from hackers like me and @GolfLug.  Let the process play out and maybe you will have a nice surprise in late summer.

Objection your honor- Leading the jury. :-D

• Upvote 1

Vishal S.

Snow and cold is trying to hold on here in South Dakota so I've only played two rounds so far this year. Last couple years I think I already had 3 or 4 rounds in by this time. 

Hopefully this is the last of the snow and cold. 

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

12 hours ago, shortstop20 said:

Snow and cold is trying to hold on here in South Dakota so I've only played two rounds so far this year. Last couple years I think I already had 3 or 4 rounds in by this time. 

Hopefully this is the last of the snow and cold. 

I have the same issue here in upstate NY. We just got 2 feet of snow dumped on us here the past 2 days after having a couple weeks that looked like winter was going to break. 

8 hours ago, JxQx said:

I have the same issue here in upstate NY. We just got 2 feet of snow dumped on us here the past 2 days after having a couple weeks that looked like winter was going to break. 

Wow, that sucks. We only got 5" or so out of that storm before it hit your area. It's been warming up here now and all of the snow is almost gone, hope the good weather hits you too!

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Note: This thread is 2385 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!