IGNORED

Bubba Watson Switching from Titleist Golf Ball to Volvik?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2363 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's an interesting switch. I've played Volvik balls a few times and thought that they were just alright. @Bechambo was a big fan of the S4.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow, this is really cool!

I don't play a premium ball like S4 or ProV1 because I lose too much distance with those. However, last summer when I ran out of NXT Tour I switched to Volvik Vivid and have been very happy. The matte finish is very easy to see and gives me a lot of confidence.  

Perhaps counter-intuitive, but the "green" (more like neon-lime) Volvik is one of the easiest balls to see. It looks like a little chunk of kryptonite that fell from the heavens. You cannot miss it in the fairway, or in the rough just off the green (where I frequently am).

Edited by Kalnoky

https://www.mygolfspy.com/bubba-gets-his-pink-on-with-volvik/

Bubba to play colored golf balls on tour.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

High compression pink golf balls will be available for retail? Sweet.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I saw this and it will probably irritate so many people.  I love it.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

• 9 months later...
  • Administrator

http://golfweek.com/2017/11/01/bubba-watson-switches-back-to-titleist-balls-as-volvik-deal-ends/

Bubba is… going back to Titleist.

I'm not going to say his ball was the entire reason for his bad play in 2017, but it didn't help.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

...so I’m ball-free

-Bubba Watson

Takes a big man to admit they are ball free. :-P

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

1 hour ago, iacas said:

http://golfweek.com/2017/11/01/bubba-watson-switches-back-to-titleist-balls-as-volvik-deal-ends/

Bubba is… going back to Titleist.

I'm not going to say his ball was the entire reason for his bad play in 2017, but it didn't help.

He's gotta blame some(one)thing...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

21 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

He need a good story (reason/excuse).   Hopefully he can get his game going.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

21 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

Yea that's kind of his MO, isn't it?

I honestly think he's probably just declining as he gets older and more young guys are coming up that can bomb it so his length isn't as much of an advantage as it was in previous years, but to drop off that dramatically? I think the ball was a factor.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, billchao said:

Yea that's kind of his MO, isn't it?

I honestly think he's probably just declining as he gets older and more young guys are coming up that can bomb it so his length isn't as much of an advantage as it was in previous years, but to drop off that dramatically? I think the ball was a factor.

When I watched it seemed like his whole short game was a mess, especially putting.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 2363 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!