Sign in to follow this  
nevets88

Woods signs with Bridgestone

Note: This thread is 1119 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

34 posts / 2712 viewsLast Reply

It's official. Numbers and details not available as of now. He'll be using the B330S.

Bridgestone announced today that Tiger Woods signed a multi-year endorsement deal to play the company’s golf balls.

Woods will appear in marketing campaigns and advertisements as a Bridgestone Golf ambassador. The terms of the agreement were not made available.

http://golfweek.com/2016/12/15/tiger-woods-signs-golf-ball-endorsement-deal-bridgestone/

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Good for Bridgestone, just received an email moments after reading this post.

"After extensive testing I have chosen the best ball for my game. I was shocked at how stable the ball is. The accuracy and aerodynamics are incredible." - TW

Their website promotion is really cool.

Check it out

Just the balls though. Interested to see what happens with the rest of his equipment.

Big win for Bridgestone!

I transitioned from ProV's about 2 years ago now, after having the opportunity to test and review Bridgestones here....thanks again!...and am extremely happy having done so. 

I usually buy the cheapest balls I can and that generally isn't Bridgestone, but I like finding them at the course.

54 minutes ago, Elrey Desol said:

is this a big miss for Titleist?

Not really. They have many, many other pros and Woods hasn't played a Titleist ball in a long time.

I have never had an opportunity to try the Bridgestone balls yet.  I've played Pro-V's and TaylorMade balls over the past few years and had a chance to try Srixons and Callaways.  Bridgestone was next on my list.  I'm not going to rush out and get some based on this but it does make it more interesting...

I've been playing the B330RX this year - so we'll have to see if this affects popularity & price. It's a great ball, but there are a lot of similar options out there if the pricing becomes a problem

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

It would not surprise me to see the ball he uses go up in price.  I bet the demand will increase.

I have been using Bridgestone balls for a few years. They are a good ball. However that cheapie Costco ball holds it's own against the e6 ball. I have used both. If Bridgestone raises their prices to pay for Woody's signature. I'd consider that a money grab on their part and probably change balls. 

I would like to see the statistics on the outcome of this deal in a couple of years.

They are also taking a chance, but I wonder if they have a clause just in case he gets hurt again?

Note: This thread is 1119 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!