IGNORED

GX-7: A Reputable Outfit?

Note: This thread is 1873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

30 minutes ago, pmaru77 said:

If you go to Ebay and search for the GX-7, there are three listed. One is going for $175 ish where there are a bunch of bidders and the other two are listed pretty high.  I would think that if this club was a loser, there would be much more on the used market. Yeah, I know there is a money back guarantee, but I would think people would try for many days/months and what is the time frame to return? A month?

My game is so crappy right now I am waiting to clean it up a bit.  But even when I was half way decent, my driver was the holdback, right left center right  left  center with more to the right slice, especially with the ball tee'd up high.  So I tee up very low.  I think for me this club could help, as I'd be thrilled to hit a ball straight and over 200 yards.  I was on vacation and rented clubs, but didn't think about the shafts, as they gave me graphite shafts which I cannot get any distance off of them.  I use stiff, metal shafts on my irons and the woods are a mixed bag. 

I took my old oversized driver out of my bag and only carry the gx-7 now. 

Consistent distance and accuracy time after time have made me excited for golf again, it even made my beer taste better. 

I am also ordering the fairway woods this week to give them a go with the hope of the same improvement. 

38 minutes ago, Spullin said:

I took my old oversized driver out of my bag and only carry the gx-7 now. 

Consistent distance and accuracy time after time have made me excited for golf again, it even made my beer taste better. 

I am also ordering the fairway woods this week to give them a go with the hope of the same improvement. 

Dittos, Spullin

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 0:23 PM, John M said:

I just recently ordered and got the GX 7. When I ordered it,I got an offer to purchase two additional clubs for only $1.00 more. I took the offer, and figured if I didn't like the clubs I could give to my grandsons. I liked the GX 7 very much, and was hitting it pretty well. It gets a lot of roll after hitting the ground. Well, my two additional clubs arrived, and I was looking forward to hitting them as well. However, my credit card was charged for $199.00 for the GX7, and then $208.00 for the two additional clubs. I called and it seems the cost was a $1.00 more than the $199.00,or $200.00,not the $1.00 more, I had thought. Maybe I heard it wrong, but it was very deceiving, so I returned both clubs for refund. They were quick to send me an e-mail with instructions, but I was so angered I didn't want the clubs anymore. I'd check it out carefully if you decide to order.

Gezzzzzz. You think you will get 2 clubs for a dollar? If it's too good to be true, read again and again.

Hi All

I know I am a bit late, but I am interested in the GX7... and I have just been reading the above blog/posts.

2 questions. Is all in order now,(I would assume so since it is now May 2017) and if so, is the driver working for you guys?

Mark

SA

After reading several pages, I won't knock the GX-7, but if you have a higher lofted driver - 12-13 degrees, why not cut the shaft length to 43-44 inches, buy some tungsten tabs or lead tape for balance, and give it a whirl. Many find that higher loft, less shaft length can lead to more fairways found

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hello Mark. I've had no issues with the club or customer service. I know there were some initial delays getting the club out the first couple months of the year, due to heavy demand and back orders, but I believe that's been resolved. I just ordered the fairway woods on Sunday and tracking says to expect them this Friday (pretty good, considering Monday was a holiday and I'm sure they were slammed with orders over the weekend). I don't think I've heard anyone complain about the quality of the club and everyone seems in agreement that it's sharp looking. The one thing I would recommend is to buy a package of 48 mm step down tees. I've found them on eBay cheap and they last forever. I've found these to be the perfect height for the GX-7. No guesswork. 

42 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

After reading several pages, I won't knock the GX-7, but if you have a higher lofted driver - 12-13 degrees, why not cut the shaft length to 43-44 inches, buy some tungsten tabs or lead tape for balance, and give it a whirl. Many find that higher loft, less shaft length can lead to more fairways found

Seems a lot of work v.s. spending $199 on a club with a 60 day, money back guarantee.....and I can attest that the GX-7 works well off the deck. I've never been able to hit a driver off the deck.

13 minutes ago, Spooky said:

Seems a lot of work v.s. spending $199 on a club with a 60 day, money back guarantee.....and I can attest that the GX-7 works well off the deck. I've never been able to hit a driver off the deck.

Depends on what you want - I want distance with my fairways. I want to play 6200-6700 yd courses. I want a bad drive to be 220 and an excellent drive to be 260 and both in the fwy. I've gone from 45.75 drivers over the years to 44.25. It's nice being longish for an older guy and in the fairway.

I'd rather spend $50 on some hot melt and cutting down a shaft on an OEM driver than $200 on some new club in town. But we're all different.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I know this isn't the question, but how well the club works seems to depend on the golfer. We know a guy who ordered one of these and can't hit it a lick! My friend, who is also this guy's friend, hits it a friggin' mile and straight as a string! He loves it! I told him just to order one, but money can be tight when you're raising kids. So I told him to let his buddy stew about the purchase and then maybe make him an offer.

18 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

I know this isn't the question, but how well the club works seems to depend on the golfer. We know a guy who ordered one of these and can't hit it a lick! My friend, who is also this guy's friend, hits it a friggin' mile and straight as a string! He loves it! I told him just to order one, but money can be tight when you're raising kids. So I told him to let his buddy stew about the purchase and then maybe

18 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

I know this isn't the question, but how well the club works seems to depend on the golfer. We know a guy who ordered one of these and can't hit it a lick! My friend, who is also this guy's friend, hits it a friggin' mile and straight as a string! He loves it! I told him just to order one, but money can be tight when you're raising kids. So I told him to let his buddy stew about the purchase and then maybe make him an offer.

The best club in the world won't fix a bad swing....But a solid and well designed one, placed in the hands of people it was designed for, can make a big difference. 

Man, I hate this "Hit it like a 7 iron thing thats going on. Matching length sets with just different lofts. Now this. When I was on the launch monitor hitting irons, they brought me out a set of these "things", whar horrible, horrible clubs. My wedges were too hot and my long irons were too short, I ended up hitting a set of irons that had about 75 difference from PW to a 3i.. No thanks. And he was really trying to sell me on these. In the end it was the vapors fly pro's, or the Ping i200's. Not gonna lie, the pings were my first choice, but reshafted and lie and loft fixed, with new grips, the ping's were about 500$ more expensive overall, whereas the Nikes were very, very close in numbers (spin, trajectory, smash factor, distance, etc,) and I loved them so much I went with the Nikes. Luckily, since Nike is no more, they were able to find a set of the Vapor Fly Pro's in exactly the lie and shafts I needed at a pro-shop in alberta (they literally searched the country to get me these clubs, and had em sent over 5000km to get me what I wanted for the price I wanted. Ping would have just made me a new set, but again, price. 

• Administrator

This isn't like that. It's still long. Like 43" or something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I received the GX-7 yesterday which was a day earlier than estimated. Today I tested the club on the driving range against my driver, and am confident I will keep it. Although my average distance was slightly less than my driver, the accuracy of this club is exactly what I was looking for. At best, I may have hit it 220 yards (using low compression range balls), and hope to be more consistent with distance with continued use of the club and higher compression balls. The 44" shaft works well for me as I'm 5'8", of slight build. I'll admit I was a bit skeptical about the company as I find their advertising videos to be on hard sell side. But now, I can say the club is solid and the company shipped in a very reasonable time frame. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello - 

i just seen that commercial for the GX-7 myself and thought I'd ask a similar golfer after 6 months, would you recommend it for myself. I was thinking of nothing else it could be a good fairway wood. You thoughts? Appreciate any Feedback! 

Jay H.- Charlotte, NC

Overlooking the commercials and YouTube videos for the GX-7 Metal which are a bit on the slick side, I decided at my age (65) that I could afford to try one and send it back if not satisfied. I've taken it to the range a few times and played 18 the other day with it. I'm averaging 210 yards with it off the tee, but haven't worked much from the fairway. Today, I was at the range with it and hit the ball 230-250 yards. Everyone complains about the noise at ball strike which I've discovered. However, the ball I hit today seemed to be hit in the sweet spot with little noise when striking the ball. I'm giving this club a shot because it's much better than my driver which slices sporadically. I'm 5'8" and find the shaft length to suit my swing better than the longer 460 CC drivers. Hopefully, I'll enjoy success with it on the fairway. 

6 minutes ago, Randtrap said:

Overlooking the commercials and YouTube videos for the GX-7 Metal which are a bit on the slick side, I decided at my age (65) that I could afford to try one and send it back if not satisfied. I've taken it to the range a few times and played 18 the other day with it. I'm averaging 210 yards with it off the tee, but haven't worked much from the fairway. Today, I was at the range with it and hit the ball 230-250 yards. Everyone complains about the noise at ball strike which I've discovered. However, the ball I hit today seemed to be hit in the sweet spot with little noise when striking the ball. I'm giving this club a shot because it's much better than my driver which slices sporadically. I'm 5'8" and find the shaft length to suit my swing better than the longer 460 CC drivers. Hopefully, I'll enjoy success with it on the fairway. 

Still loving mine. It took me a few swings to get the knack of hitting it off the deck, but once I got one pure, I haven't looked back. I hit it further, longer and more accurately than my 3 wood....  I've decided to pull the trigger on the fairway woods as well...Will report back with my results

On 12/24/2016 at 10:43 AM, Hacker James said:

the claim is it would replace driver. Shaft length of seven iron. I wonder what the loft is.

I took a look at the GX-7 website. The club is similar to the Thriver (cross between 3W and Driver) which Hireko golf offered several years ago.

The GX-7 has a 43" shaft and a 14* loft. The ad actually says it "swings like a 7 irons," and basically the sole has features of hybrids and SGI irons (but a decidedly longer shaft than a 7i).

Between Thriver and the GX-7, we got the mini-drivers from Callaway and TaylorMade, and the Blast Driveway from KickX-Medicus.

The Blast Driveway has a 43" Grafalloy shaft  and a 12-degree loft head. I found it delivers a tight tee shot pattern, though not as long as a driver.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

@WUTiger.  I could have sworn I heard them say the length was of a seven iron in the audio of their commercials. Obviously I was mistaken. Thank you for the clarification.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Note: This thread is 1873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!