IGNORED

GX-7: A Reputable Outfit?

Note: This thread is 1872 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I had an Adams Tight Lies Driver once, hated the tinny sound.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

newbie and first posting here Hi all            ordered the gx7 driver with senior shaft Monday.......called customer service and asked some questions about shaft and what to get....before I used credit card...  ordered...gentleman said it would be the following week before my driver would be shipped........will give feedback soon as I get the driver and use it.......anybody get one before me...would appreciate your input......seems like a good group of gys here and I look forward to reading the postings

Hi jdunso.

I received my gx7 on Tuesday of this week. Gave it a go at the driving range on Wednesday,  I was very happy with the results. The thing to remember is position the ball in your stance as if you were using a 6 or 7 iron. This is the 4th occasion that I have dealt with Golf Tailor (purchased XE165, XE159 and XE155).Each time they have been excellent to deal with. Good luck with your new club.

I give GX-7 5 stars and Golf Tailor 5 stars, not for how good the club worked for me, but for being people of their word.

I bought and used the GX-7 used it on the range and 5 rounds of golf.  As a substitute for my driver I sometimes got excellent drives, but could not be consistent with it, I guess because I have been hitting a 460 driver too many years.  Off the fairway I just couldn't hit it.  I called Golf Tailor, they gave me instructions to return it.

Five days after they received it the FULL $199 was back in my account.  No one does this.  100%  I expected to be charged for what they paid for shipping to me, and maybe some club wear.

Even Revolution Golf, who also give a refund on clubs does not give you 100% they charge 15% restock fee.

I also have the iS-1 7 training iron from them, love it, but the red pockets keep coming out.  I called them and they said they would ship me a new club free, or refund my money .  I just bought some good glue and repaired.

Great guys and I hope they see this review.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my GX7 10 days ago - to make a long story short - I have removed my G30 driver from my bag and replaced with GX7 .  20-30 yards longer than the driver 

Skipster/Florida

12 minutes ago, Skipster said:

I received my GX7 10 days ago - to make a long story short - I have removed my G30 driver from my bag and replaced with GX7 .  20-30 yards longer than the driver.

If that is the case then your driver was horribly-HORRIBLY set up for you or you were doing something wrong to get really poor launch numbers.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Skipster said:

Tiger Woods I am not - I am 72 years old - 13 handicap - Thanks for the golf swing critique

I think he has a point. If you can gain that much distance just with some added loft… you probably weren't doing everything right with your driver swing.

At any rate, welcome to the site. There are a lot of FL residents here, and a lot of lifelong passionate golfers as well. Congrats on being a 13 at 72. That's impressive!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 hours ago, Skipster said:

I received my GX7 10 days ago - to make a long story short - I have removed my G30 driver from my bag and replaced with GX7 .  20-30 yards longer than the driver 

Skipster/Florida

Good for you, Skipster. I liked the club, but couldn't figure it out. That was on me. The company is really good to work with and I can't think higher of them. The price is certainly right. I hope more people will support them and buy the product.

Best wishes, and welcome to the site. There's a lot of good information here. 

Wayne

Ordered my GX7 and it was in my hands within 2 weeks.  Took to the simulator today  It's too windy and cold in PA to play the course  :-(......  Took the Taylormade Burner to compare.  If you can believe the sim., I hit the GX7 10-20 yards further.  70 yrs. old and swing speed average 75 - 80 mph.  Most hit in the 200 to 220 range.  A little pull with this club compared to the burner which I tend to fade.   Adjusting the setup and ball height may fix the pull. Well balanced with the senior shaft.  On course trial will be the true test.......  Looks like it will help  my game.  We'll see!   :-)

Edited by Runup
spelling ?

Can someone help me with info on the GX7....I am a woman golfer that plays a mediocre game at best!  Should I be ordering the Senior Flex?  I need all the help I can get off the Tee!

11 hours ago, joan said:

Can someone help me with info on the GX7....I am a woman golfer that plays a mediocre game at best!  Should I be ordering the Senior Flex?  I need all the help I can get off the Tee!

I have played with many women over the years and many were playing senior flex shafts. If you have a slow swing speed, a senior flex shaft is probably the right shaft for you. 

Lot of first time posters in this thread.  Not sure about this club based on the feedback in these posts. But I'm not a fan of ordering golf clubs on-line. Have tried that, much prefer the real experience.  I think I'll stick with my G30 - besides, it has turbulators.............

Edited by RandallT
Embed video

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Jmdmbike--  Newbie here but 50 years playing. I responded to the request for info on the GX7. Frankly, what you're a fan of, doesn't affect my game.  Order one up and draw your own conclusion.  You've got 60 days to decide. Thanks for the warm welcome.  Carry on.

Edited by Runup
spelling

5 hours ago, Jmdmbike said:

Lot of first time posters in this thread.  Not sure about this club based on the feedback in these posts. But I'm not a fan of ordering golf clubs on-line. Have tried that, much prefer the real experience.  I think I'll stick with my G30 - besides, it has turbulators.............

I love ordering clubs online. Just not from a site with an autoplay ad at the top and looks like it was made by either a child or the same people you make the sites for those get rich quick schemes.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

1 hour ago, SavvySwede said:

I love ordering clubs online. Just not from a site with an autoplay ad at the top and looks like it was made by either a child or the same people you make the sites for those get rich quick schemes.

Are you contemplating purchasing the GX-7 or making a comparison of sites? Don't let the site stop you. If you're looking for something like this, then give it a try. It didn't work for me, but not because it isn't a good value, or even a good idea. The company took very good care of this customer. I should have updated it earlier. I have nothing but good feelings about doing business with them again on a different club. They make a good club, even if they can't make a good site. (It's not that bad. Just funny.)

:-)

Wayne

58 minutes ago, Blackjack Don said:

Are you contemplating purchasing the GX-7 or making a comparison of sites? Don't let the site stop you. If you're looking for something like this, then give it a try. It didn't work for me, but not because it isn't a good value, or even a good idea. The company took very good care of this customer. I should have updated it earlier. I have nothing but good feelings about doing business with them again on a different club. They make a good club, even if they can't make a good site. (It's not that bad. Just funny.)

:-)

Definitely not in the market for a GX-7. Just saying I wouldn't trust a site like that with my credit card number.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Note: This thread is 1872 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!