IGNORED

GX-7: A Reputable Outfit?

Note: This thread is 1851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 12/26/2016 at 2:55 PM, Ernest Jones said:

Nah, he's more likely to try to build one in his garage instead. 

And if that is the case Hacker James is even smarter than we already know. 

Ok I apologize for not having the time to sift through every comment before making this post, but I will get to it. This is entertaining. I have skipped over this thread ever since it opened because I thought it was just another techie fitting type deal. 

They start off making sure they find their targets. If you can drive 250 and keep it in the fairway reasonably then this is not for you. But I would go further and say if you only drive 200 and are fairly straight this is not for you either. Even short and not too accurate is still not a great match.(more on that later) So who is left but the suckers? That seems to be who they are targeting. (No offense to the OP) 

Everyone knows the central theme of these boards. We all have different needs. This is nothing more than an adjustment (maybe extreme) for a player who struggles with anything lower than his 7 iron. (Of course he struggles with his 7 iron too, it's just it doesn't show as easily) 

We hit our 3 woods because sometimes we struggle with the driver. Some of us lengthen our 3 wood do eke out a few more yards. For our fairway woods we go to a higher loft or even switch to hybrids.  With the driver we now have the option of higher lofts. As far as squaring a driver I admit it can be a challenge finding a square face angle in the higher lofts. But they are out there if you do your research. And since many driver heads with high lofts tend to have CLOSED face angles, which should help a slicer, I am not sure why this company mentions non squaring drivers as a concern.  

I don't even need to go into shaft options, length, weight. 

So in summary what is this club offering that is not already obtainable at a much lower cost? ....I say nothing. 

On 1/6/2017 at 10:02 AM, Hacker James said:

That's sort of what I was afraid of. I am surprized however that with 14 deg of loft one would have this problem, but you are not the first to experience it. I also had troubles with the TM SLDR mini, realizing that it was more likely me, but that being the case, it did not occur with other drivers. Maybe after working with it for a bit longer, you will find the best way for it to work for you. I am still contemplating the offering by Tour Edge. Thanks  for your input

Now I am confused. Isn't one of the selling points is that it is designed for golfers with slower swing speeds? I have not gone back to the infomercial and may be thinking of another product. If a golfer has to swing faster than his normal speed, all other things being equal, this might not be the way to go. On the other hand, shorter shaft length usually results in more control. I am not bashing the product, only trying to understand and decide if it is for me. 

I'm trying guys, I am almost to page 4.  Had to comment on this because I too don't like the idea of being forced to swing faster in order to get a club to work. Not a fitter or fan of them but wouldn't a good one rightly advise on other options? At the very basics proper form must develop before we see an increase in swingspeed. So why would we encourage swinging faster, knowing this could create other problems? This thread is getting more interesting with every post. 

Well I had a little more time so am now caught up with the thread. 

What I've learned:

1) If I ever wanted to take a man's cash will little to no effort I would put together a 3 wood with a 7 iron shaft, mark it at $199, then join this forum and talk it up.

2) After 7 pages of this I think I've reached the end of the humor. 

1 minute ago, Lagavulin62 said:

Well I had a little more time so am now caught up with the thread. 

What I've learned:

1) If I ever wanted to take a man's cash will little to no effort I would put together a 3 wood with a 7 iron shaft, mark it at $199, then join this forum and talk it up.

2) After 7 pages of this I think I've reached the end of the humor. 

that too........not required reading however.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, Blackjack Don said:

Everyone needs someone to look down on. I provide a public service.

Don I am so happy you started this because I was able to give my input on a club that for the  price isn'the a bad club even though it didn't work for me. 

The company kept their word and gave me 100% back less about  $14 for shipping. 

Tour Edge is marketing the same thing. 

I stick with my Calaway XR which I hit 230-250 pretty straight or at least playable. 

I was hoping this club would reduce two clubs in my bag. 

As a driver so so, but as a fairway metal terrible. 

Thanks for helping all of us who wondered about this club.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BradL said:

Don I am so happy you started this because I was able to give my input on a club that for the  price isn'the a bad club even though it didn't work for me. 

The company kept their word and gave me 100% back less about  $14 for shipping. 

Tour Edge is marketing the same thing. 

I stick with my Calaway XR which I hit 230-250 pretty straight or at least playable. 

I was hoping this club would reduce two clubs in my bag. 

As a driver so so, but as a fairway metal terrible. 

Thanks for helping all of us who wondered about this club.

same marketing perhaps regarding returns as most club manufacturers. Not even close to being same club. The GX7 is 193cc smaller head, different sole, shorter shaft. 14 deg loft. The Tour Edge similarity is only their availability in a 13.5 degree loft. The Tour Edge is also offset.

It would appear that most aspects or review of this club has been exhausted. Mixed reviews.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Hi everyone.  I'm a new member and wanted to share this:  I too ordered the new GX7 club on Tuesday the 7th.  Noticed my CC was hit the next day so I called Tailor Golf since I did not receive any notice of shipment??  Well Chad informed me that they were on "Back Order" and would be available February 20, 2017, shipping soon after that and I should have it by the end of the month. I'll allow this time but probably will never order from them again.  Have had previous issues with immediate charges and no notice for shipment.

I'm not a part of the company, but if I had to hazard a guess, I'd guess they have been overwhelmed with unanticipated success. People want a club to do what they claim it will do. Their advertising has been effective. Word of mouth has probably sold a lot of clubs. I ordered it, and have seen it in another bag on the range. I didn't like their policy of charging before shipment, but I'm not aware if this is the usual or not, esp when it comes to extended ship dates. They charged my card two weeks before it was shipped, but I returned it and go a refund before I had to pay for it, so it's a wash.

They have done all right by those of us here. Hang on. You'll get to try it soon enough.

Best wishes.

Wayne

22 minutes ago, Maj Mike Jones said:

Hi everyone.  I'm a new member and wanted to share this:  I too ordered the new GX7 club on Tuesday the 7th.  Noticed my CC was hit the next day so I called Tailor Golf since I did not receive any notice of shipment??  Well Chad informed me that they were on "Back Order" and would be available February 20, 2017, shipping soon after that and I should have it by the end of the month. I'll allow this time but probably will never order from them again.  Have had previous issues with immediate charges and no notice for shipment.

How long has this thing been on back order? seems like the same story in Jan, Feb. Are they making this thing one at a time? I also do not believe there is all THAT much pent up demand, but keeps the story going I suppose.

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

Guess I should have been more clear about order date: Feb 7, 2017 (just two days ago).  I agree seems like they charge your credit card immediately, use the money to promote sales without having enough in stock to ship?  Go figure?

Order many things online and don't know of any reputable company that charges immediately before shipment or when something is backordered. Not saying they are not reputable but this can't be good and even if I were interested I wouldn't risk it. My question to those of you placing orders, is there anything in writing on the order page informing you of the backorder/delay and that you will be charged immediately?  Yeah I agree with the above in that I don't think this is suddenly a huge demand for this club. Let me tell you,  with another hobby I understand what it means to have a run on products and parts and this little startup shares no similarities. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Lagavulin62 said:

Order many things online and don't know of any reputable company that charges immediately before shipment or when something is backordered.

Companies have a period of time (seven days, maybe?) to charge for something before they ship it.

Almost every company charges before they ship - or else they'd ship some products out to customers whose cards were declined, etc.

I was charged for my new Karma yesterday but it won't ship until today or tomorrow, maybe even Monday.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

i've not had any problems ordering things online, Usually ebay or Amazon. They always immediately charge the CC, but at the same time, indicate when shipping will be and most of the time I receive emails when the item has shipped and tracking number provided.

"James"

Never been charged for a backorder until it came in stock. My advise to anyone considering this is to read through the website and the experiences here and make your decision accordingly. I am very curious to see how this turns out. Interesting thread. 

7 minutes ago, Lagavulin62 said:

Never been charged for a backorder until it came in stock. My advise to anyone considering this is to read through the website and the experiences here and make your decision accordingly. I am very curious to see how this turns out. Interesting thread. 

It is interesting. Surprizingly so in that once the original complaints were brought out, it still continues to gather mileage. I still think that "some" of the "newbie" posters are from the merchant in an attempt to keep the product in vogue, but I am a bit paranoid in that respect. I do appreciate the fact that the promoters of the actual product make an effort to distance themselves from the bad press regarding the instructional content experiences. They are not mutually inclusive.

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

Note: This thread is 1851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!