IGNORED

GX-7: A Reputable Outfit?

Note: This thread is 1877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ordered my club over a month ago. Was supposed to arrive a week after the order. Have received a few emails saying that they are back ordered. Was supposed to arrive Friday. Instead, I received an email saying that it was supposedly broken in transit. Of course, I never received a shipping confirmation, so who knows. Now it appears I go to the back of the line. Other than obvious supply chain issues, this company knows nothing about customer service. I think it is a fast buck operation like the late night commercials for auto potato peelers or the bass-o-matic that comes with free steak knives.

New forum member here and found this forum because I wanted to research reviews on the GX-7.  Although for a 69 year old 5'5" tall player I hit my current TM Burner pretty far (ave 250-260 yards) I am very inconsistent in hitting the fairways. I had considered the GX-7 as a possible go-to club for more accuracy at the cost of 10-20 yards, which I could live with. I place a lot of faith on customer reviews of products and I have always had good luck with purchasing products online so that has not been a real concern for me, but nevertheless I am very skeptical of the GX-7 after reading these reviews. I think I will hold off and wait for more reviews before making any decision on this club. I am glad that I found this forum and I am sure it will be a good source of info and enjoyable reading for all golf matters.

On 3/2/2017 at 2:04 PM, Ken11 said:

New forum member here and found this forum because I wanted to research reviews on the GX-7.  Although for a 69 year old 5'5" tall player I hit my current TM Burner pretty far (ave 250-260 yards) I am very inconsistent in hitting the fairways. I had considered the GX-7 as a possible go-to club for more accuracy at the cost of 10-20 yards, which I could live with. I place a lot of faith on customer reviews of products and I have always had good luck with purchasing products online so that has not been a real concern for me, but nevertheless I am very skeptical of the GX-7 after reading these reviews. I think I will hold off and wait for more reviews before making any decision on this club. I am glad that I found this forum and I am sure it will be a good source of info and enjoyable reading for all golf matters.

Well this thread is interesting for a few not even in the market for the club. You are making a wise decision to wait it out. 

• Upvote 1

I tried to like this club.  I really did!  My 3 wood goes down the middle.  Driver slight fade but corrected with setup.  This club?  SLICE MACHINE!  Swing weight is heavy.  After 4 rounds attempting to make it work, it's going back.  I'm a lefty so I'm always tinkering, not having the advantage of demoing clubs at my course like right handlers can do.  I tried to make this work.  Off the tee, off the fairway, out of the rough.  Slice.  Simply.  Does.  Not. Work. (For me.). 

The quest for the silver bullet. Have had 2 rounds at the range with mine. Jury is out but leaning favorably. Didn't screw up my tee shots quite as much. Decent distance, a bit short of my driver. Playing my first round tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

• Upvote 1

Thats a shame the GX-7 hasnt worked for anyone except the one who got 20-30 yds farther with it. I did notice how low the yellow tracer was on the commercial when they were hitting it. Maybe with the right shaft put into it maybe  would be better. The $199 is pretty steep for a non brand name. Sounds like it would be better at $59.99 or something. As a company selling that thing I would be upset at seeing all the returns that ive read on here. I think they designed a club for a select few that are pretty bad and thought it would fit a larger group.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Aflighter said:

Thats a shame the GX-7 hasnt worked for anyone except the one who got 20-30 yds farther with it. I did notice how low the yellow tracer was on the commercial when they were hitting it. Maybe with the right shaft put into it maybe  would be better. The $199 is pretty steep for a non brand name. Sounds like it would be better at $59.99 or something. As a company selling that thing I would be upset at seeing all the returns that ive read on here. I think they designed a club for a select few that are pretty bad and thought it would fit a larger group.

I agree.  Plus the thing is HEAVY.  The thing would wear you out if you played it as much as the hype (and hype "lessons") tell you.  BTW, all the so called lessons on hitting it are nothing more than narratives designed to convince you that you made a good purchase.  

On 1/2/2017 at 10:06 PM, Low Fades said:

@Phil McGleno Full disclosure: I actually helped design and test the GX-7 W/Jeff Halstead a former Engineer at Adams that works w/us ( he's designed clubs that have made the Golf Digest hot list).

It's a 14 degree-  43' driver w/a slighter smaller head and its built to find a lot more fairways (eliminate the big misses) w/very solid driver distance off the tee, Its designed for the amateur golfer, not a pro and its not for everyone- its for golfers that struggle off the tee-- The golfers we tested, hit it right out there with and sometimes past, their traditional big-headed lower lofted drivers, esp when you average/include their big misses---Don't compare your best drive vs best drive,  as this is not a long drive contest, the key its the average of all drives (your going to get a lot more roll in the fairway compared to rough/trees)  Trackman results ( w/test golfers) showed the GX-7 had a much smaller dispersion pattern when compared to their traditional drivers.  A 45 inch- 10 degree driver will have much larger dispersion patterns, esp in the misses and we proved this out w/trackman.  We did extensive testing w/ Rob Rashell at TPC Scottsdale.  Most of the golfers ( not everyone) tested hit it very very straight and long w/great results overall. Several golfers commented on how the slightly shorter driver felt more natural to them and easier to control. 

I recently joined the forum to answer questions on the club- I love the game as much as anyone and its fun to be apart of this forum. I would encourage anyone to give it a test drive and it you are having issues hitting it,  reach out, because theres a good chance the shaft is not fitting you properly, but the overall  amateur-friendly design is something we are really excited about it. 

i just ordered one, and it was shipped about 2 days after i ordered it; it's due tomorrow. My big decision was to use either the senior shaft or the senior ultra (I think it was called). I'm 78, and i'm guessing my swing speed is about 70, and the rep told me i was right on the border line of either of those two. I went with the straight senior and we'll see what happens.

I bought the GX-7 on January, received the club 2.5 weeks latter, tried it didn't work for me. Returned the club never received the refund to my credit card yet this already one month since they got the club back. Sent email to the support the reply was from robot. I'll give 2 more days check with the CC, good think use CC.   

Thank you Support. I'll take it back just what i post it earlier, got real email with the copy of the receipt that stated the fun already back to my credit card, will check with CC company. So far they are good to me with their response even though the club wasn't work for me. This company is real, i'll do the business with them in the future.

I recall Brandel Chamblee's comments in his column from a couple years ago titled "These guys are Good-ish". It was a story about the "grinders" on tour. He discussed his first impressions of Paul Azinger, back in the 80's, when they were both young bucks on tour. He said he initially thought Paul Azinger was a poor driver of the golf ball, as he was teeing off with a 2 wood. After watching him rip one down the middle, he began to question that assessment.  My impression of the GX-7 is that it's essentially a modern day 2 wood. That said,  I decided to pull the trigger on the GX-7 a couple weeks ago. The club was on back order, but shipped out today and I should have it early next week. I'm headed to Florida for a few days later next week and expect to get a couple/three rounds in, weather permitting....I did a lot of reading/research on the club before deciding to take the plunge. It seems the reviews (overall) are 50/50 for/against. I figure the money back guarantee, (which people on here say is no hassle) makes it worth the gamble. I'll keep you posted on my impressions. 

• 2 weeks later...

After 5 rounds with the GX-7, I'm keeping it. I played a variety of courses in Florida this week and found it very easy to hit and a heck of a lot more reliable than my driver. Average distances were squarely between my driver and 3 wood and I found a lot more fairways than I normally would with either of those clubs. I really like the sound, feel and trajectory. I also had several chances to hit it off the deck on long par 5's and hit great shots about 50% of the time on those. The ones I didn't hit great were still out there. I can see this club staying in my bag for a long time.

37 minutes ago, Spooky said:

After 5 rounds with the GX-7, I'm keeping it. I played a variety of courses in Florida this week and found it very easy to hit and a heck of a lot more reliable than my driver. Average distances were squarely between my driver and 3 wood and I found a lot more fairways than I normally would with either of those clubs. I really like the sound, feel and trajectory. I also had several chances to hit it off the deck on long par 5's and hit great shots about 50% of the time on those. The ones I didn't hit great were still out there. I can see this club staying in my bag for a long time.

I am happy for your satisfaction with the GX-7.  Please give us an update a little later in the season, perhaps after another 10-15 rounds. My appreciation in advance.

On 12/17/2016 at 0:28 PM, Blackjack Don said:

I saw a commercial for a new kind of club, the GX-7.  (warning: autoplay) I checked it out, and liked the theory behind it--and the 100% moneyback guarantee. If it doesn't work for me, I'll can return it. Thought it was worth giving it a shot. 

They posted on their website last week the club would be shipped the week of the 12th and we'd be notified when it shipped. They dinged my credit card right away. Yesterday I emailed them about the shipping date--this has been removed from the website--and they have not responded...at all.

Is this a reputable outfit? Anybody else in my boat?

I went to the range, terrible idea as those plastic tees on mats were way too high; i hit everything off the mat, not too well.

Since then, i've played two rounds of golf and am trying to use it extensively, both off the tee and off the ground. I definitely can't hit it as far as my driver and as a 78 year old, i don't hit the driver too far any more. I even borrowed my friend's off set driver and was hitting it further than the GX.

I had the most issues when i had a forced carry, either over the water or over a long ravine. Whether it's mind over matter, i carried them, but not very long. Still haven't lost a ball yet in first two rounds.

I'll be going again next week, and will continue to use it, but if i can't get better results, i will definitely have to return it.

MFXM

A good friend of mine has one he purchased at a demo days thing. Don't know how much he paid for it. 

When I asked how he like it, he said it did not live up to it's advertisement, but he still uses it.

I have hit it a few times, and it was about the same distance as my 5W, and seemed to be a bit more easier to hit. I suppose in the right hands, it could be considered a game improvement club. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!