IGNORED

TST 2017 Fantasy Golf

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 2284 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

15 hours ago, Gunther said:

How the flip is Jordan a B player but Vaughn Taylor is an A??  Am I missing something?

They spread the top players across all 3 categories. I'm not sure if this is the reason, but for limited field events, primarily WGC, it makes it so that you can field a full team across all 3 categories.
Seems to me that last year someone like Day or Rory was a "B" player.
The real trick is to try to figure out which 10 tournaments you are going to play the top guys.

• Upvote 1

Players play, tough players win!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Please remember The Sand Trap policy on politics and religious posting.

Sorry, in the future I will keep my views to Twitter only. 

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

1 hour ago, gogolfing said:

Sorry, in the future I will keep my views to Twitter only. 

Thank you. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Gave my roster one last check for WD's and all set...here we go! 

Still and hour and a bit to go to get in before the season starts. 35 in the group now. 

Probably a silly question, but are the tee times listed on the Yahoo page local, or is that Hawaii time?

8 minutes ago, Kalnoky said:

Probably a silly question, but are the tee times listed on the Yahoo page local, or is that Hawaii time?

You can set it in settings on Yahoo to show the deadlines for changing your roster each round for your local time. Not sure about the tee times themselves. 

Just joined the group, though not in time for this week's tournament; serves me right for taking a golf-free (and TST-free) December. I'll get you all at Waialae.

• Upvote 1

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Off to a good start with Berger, Sneds, Mats and Reed and of course I'm still up to my old tricks (JW on the bench) :cry:

Still the proclaimed "King of the Bench" a trend I hope to change in 2017

Maybe I should state that in my 2017 Goals thread....

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

1 hour ago, CarlSpackler said:

When you have 2 guys who are tied for the lead on your bench... :mad:

Oh my, welcome to my world...
I'll put you in the running for "King of the Bench" award....  :-O

looks like the scores are in - congrats to jeffersonpark - 52pts.   I think I did ok for my first ever round of fantasy golf - Herron's Heros - 46.  

It definitely made me a bit more interested in today's coverage.  I like it.  

So here are Wallys tips for new participants:

- watch the deadlines for changing your line-up (bench/starters), also be prepared for the yahoo clusterfuq when the schedule changes due to weather or completing the round
- if you can, be sure to look for WD's (I call it being Henrik'd, after he dropped out of a couple of events he was in my lineup - like the US Open)
- try to avoid making sentimental picks (local kids, love/hate Tiger/Rory/Jordan)
- not this week, but there will be events that morning/afternoon flights matter - so look at that when picking your starters/bench players.

And remember in fantasy golf, unlike when actually playing golf, Highest Score Wins

• Upvote 2

Players play, tough players win!

I didn't do too bad with 46 points. As a rookie, I didn't realize you get points for each round. :-P

Is the a rules page? I can't seem to find it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Is the a rules page?

At the very bottom select "help" It opens this page.  Scoring I

A note about earning BONUS points: Any player used in the starting lineup will receive BP.
Example: If JW wins, I start JW in round One but elect to use JS in other three rounds.
I would receive BP's with JW and if JS finishes 2nd or 3rd BP.
"A player does not need to be started in final round if they start in previous rounds to receive BP's."

Scoring in Fantasy Golf

A golfer can receive a maximum of 20 fantasy points in each round of a tournament. The golfer with the lowest real-life score in a round receives 20 points. Other golfers receive two fewer points for every stroke that they finish behind the leader -- i.e., a golfer one stroke back for the round receives 18 points; a golfer two strokes back gets 16. Golfers 10 or more strokes back receive zero points.

Example: If the leader of round 3 shoots a 67 and your golfer shoots a 72, you would get 10 points because your golfer is five strokes behind the leader of that particular round.

Keep in mind that the points are awarded based on the number of shots behind the leader of each round, and not the overall tournament leader.

You receive the total points earned by all active golfers on your team over all four rounds.

If a tournament round is officially canceled, no team will receive any points for that round. All other scoring rules stay the same. If a round is delayed or postponed, no points will be awarded until it is completed.

Here are some additional articles that explain Fantasy Golf scoring:

Bonus points

What MDF means

• Upvote 1

Well, off to a better start this year than last....good to see the guys in it this year seems to have good interest. Good luck in round 2 to all. 

12 minutes ago, gogolfing said:

Well, off to a better start this year than last....good to see the guys in it this year seems to have good interest. Good luck in round 2 to all.

yeah, thanks for setting this up.  I actually picked the leader, walker, so maybe I should retire now.  but I also picked James Hahn who was basically last so that offset things nicely....ha

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Think I am going to stay put for round 3 though I have 2 guys in the top 3 on my bench....wait and see how today plays out. 

Note: This thread is 2284 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!