IGNORED

Do you look after your equipment?

paininthenuts
Note: This thread is 2636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 hours ago, 1badbadger said:

Of course, I take my putter to bed with me every night and spoon with it, but everybody does that.  Right?

It only gets weird if you have to leave your significant other behind to take your putter out on dinner dates, because that's poor form. You have to keep your mistress away from the true love you share with your putter.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

It only gets weird if you have to leave your significant other behind to take your putter out on dinner dates, because that's poor form. You have to keep your mistress away from the true love you share with your putter.

Honestly haven't met many golfers who share a true love with their putter. I think my putter might be the last club in my bag that I would share a true love with. My 5 wood on the other hand ... :-*:-*:-*

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

39 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Honestly haven't met many golfers who share a true love with their putter. I think my putter might be the last club in my bag that I would share a true love with. My 5 wood on the other hand ... :-*:-*:-*

The last 5 wood I had was a *****.  I pleaded with it to behave, but it was always hooking.  I tried everything...got it an expensive headcover, tweaked it with a little lead tape, and even let it sleep with me and the putter.  Still kept hooking so I finally kicked it to the curb.

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

I clean my clubs in the spring and every time it rains. I usually clean the grooves out before I take a shot, unless there is a big hunk of turf stuck to it I just put it back in the bag. For golf balls, I use a nylon laundry bag and throw them in the top of the dish washer when my wife is not paying attention. Works great.

• 2 weeks later...

I wipe the club off after every shot. I keep a normal bath towel draped over the umbrella, wet on one end.

If I am playing with wooden woods, they get cleaned and waxed after every round. If it has been damp, the head covers for wooden woods are run through the dryer or allowed to air dry before going back on the woods. A couple of my putters have leather grips, and they get a treatment a few times a year if in use. Irons might get a thorough cleaning a couple times a season, but they actually stay pretty clean due to wiping after every shot.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Hehe, if you start yo clean your grips often this gets really addicting! 

I clean my clubs and grips once a week in season,  when I play and train every day! :) 

I like to let my equipment roam around. Be free, humble golf clubs!

I do keep them tidy, clean, and scrubbed. Not to an insane degree, but I try to avoid caked-on dirt and grass at least.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Good to see many people take care of the equipment so well! I also stay on top of cleaning my equipment. I wipe the clubheads after each shot as needed and fill a bucket when I get home with soapy water. A short soak for each club, a nylon brush to take off the stubborn stuff in the grooves, a quick rinse of clean water and dried with a towel. Once I'm finished I put them back in the bag. The golf ball(s) I used get cleaned also. Add new tees if needed are put in the bag. I'll usually clean the grips every other time I play as I've found they last a lot longer that way. Shoes dry out for a bit while cleaning was taking place and then I wipe them off and polish if needed. If not, I put the shoe trees in them while they fully dry. I take out the trees the next day. I have another pair in the rotation if I get to play two days in a row.(Rarely!)

Note: This thread is 2636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!