IGNORED

How Do You Arrange Clubs in your Bag?

roverT7
Note: This thread is 1074 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Club Arrangement  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How do you organize your bag?

• Put the clubs whereever
    • Put clubs in any open divider
    • Always group certain clubs together
    • Every club has one right location. Just one!

1 minute ago, Zippo said:

IMG_01316.thumb.jpg.8531cfa87e5129eca243c9f497d1c5ec.jpg

Yea, the opposite of that. Also, you have a putter well, use it 😃

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I switch the position of my Driver/3W/Hybrid with wedges/putter when switching between carrying and using a push cart so the toe hang of the irons doesn't bang on the graphite shafts.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

1 minute ago, billchao said:

Yea, the opposite of that. Also, you have a putter well, use it 😃

Good grief! Now I have to ask, "What's a putter well"? 

Also I just looked, my longest pockets are actually in the front of this bag, so in actuality my longest clubs are in fact in the longest pockets. I was looking at my old bags which are shaped differently.

But the point is still valid. Get those long clubs away from the cart.

2 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Good grief! Now I have to ask, "What's a putter well"? 

That round thing next to the bag logo. Isn’t that a putter well? For putting your putter in?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 minutes ago, billchao said:

Also I just looked, my longest pockets are actually in the front of this bag, so in actuality my longest clubs are in fact in the longest pockets. I was looking at my old bags which are shaped differently.

But the point is still valid. Get those long clubs away from the cart.

I'll give it a try but it doesn't make sense to me. I think I see you saying:

Putter

3 long clubs across the next 3 holes

2 irons then the last long club

8, 7, 6 irons across the next 3 holes

wedges next to cart.

It seems like it would be more difficult to pull irons if the long clubs are hanging over them. But, maybe not. I give things a shuffle.

• Administrator
  • Top area: Driver, 3W, Hybrid, Putter, Alignment Sticks
  • Middle-Left: 3I, 4I, 5I
  • Middle-right: 6I, 7I, 8I
  • Bottom: 9I, 48°, 54°, 60°

Been the same for over a decade.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

There are four slots in my golf bag. I’ll call them North, South, East and West, since they are arranged sort of like a compass.

North Slot: Driver, 3W, 5W

East Slot: Driving Iron, 4H, 5H 

South Slot: 6I-PW

West Slot: GW (50), SW (54), Putter

Once upon a time, I had the North and South slots swapped, so my woods are in the front. That made it more difficult to get to the irons when we rode in a cart, so I switched them.

I also used to just put them wherever I felt like putting them, but last summer I decided it would be better if I just had a system so I wouldn’t go fishing through the whole bag to find one club.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

8E6CB1A5-E1FA-46FF-AED0-7D68EB267119.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Zippo said:

It seems like it would be more difficult to pull irons if the long clubs are hanging over them. But, maybe not. I give things a shuffle.

I pull my clubs from the handle side of the cart since the bag is leaning towards me as opposed to away from me.

• Like 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

11 minutes ago, billchao said:

8E6CB1A5-E1FA-46FF-AED0-7D68EB267119.jpeg

I pull my clubs from the handle side of the cart since the bag is leaning towards me as opposed to away from me.

Thanks for the image. That helps.

Image attached. I typically push my bag. Sometimes I ride. If the buggy has a particularly bad roof (hanging over clubs too much), I will move stuff around. Other than that, they stay here.

20200112_002729.jpg

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Similar to Iacas ,

I carry my bag

• Top area: Driver, 3W, Hybrid, Putter, Ball retriever 
  • Middle-Left: 4I, 5I 6I
  • Middle-right: 7I, 8I 9I
  • Bottom: L-PW 50°,  R-54°, 58°

Mine is a combination of C and D.  Currently 11 clubs in my bag.  Driver, 4H and putter in the top. 5 to 8 irons in the middle and 9 to Lob in the bottom.  Since the bag has 5 dividers (top 1 and middle and bottom 2 each) it will be 5/6, 7/8, 9/P, S/L.  Only at home will I try to organise them in order (5 before 6, 9 before P etc).  On the course they normally go back in the same divider.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

8 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I played nine holes with a guy yesterday who uses only 4 clubs. A driver, a putter, a baffler and a 9-iron. Not much club arrangement involved there. He shot a 41 on a tough par 36.

And I am over here with ever loft between 50 & 60. Just incase I need need a little more loft for my 8th shot on a 140 yard par 3!

• Funny 1

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

In order from longest to shortest, starts top left to top right, then back of the bag to front of the bag. Kind-of like reading a book, top down and left to right. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Not gonna lie: I'm a shameless tube user. Each club goes in its specified tube. Top to bottom, left to right. Driver working all the way down to 60. The only exception is my putter has its own putter well at the very top.

Note: This thread is 1074 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!