IGNORED

How Do You Arrange Clubs in your Bag?

Club Arrangement  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How do you organize your bag?

• Put the clubs whereever
    • Put clubs in any open divider
    • Always group certain clubs together
    • Every club has one right location. Just one!

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is John's 4 club set up.

If I ever hit my 7-iron 195, let along INTO A BREEZE, I will take off my shirt, carefully wrap the club in it, and carry it all the way back to my car even if I am on the hole farthest from the par

I switch the position of my Driver/3W/Hybrid with wedges/putter when switching between carrying and using a push cart so the toe hang of the irons doesn't bang on the graphite shafts.

Posted Images

Anal w/ a capital A. 14 slots 14 clubs

3 wood   Driver   Hybrid

5i       Hybrid      3i

6i      7i             8i       9i

Pw    Aw           Sw      Putter

If I have an open slot I go spastic, I've left a club some where!!!!

More times than not, I put two clubs in one slot. Oh...My...God :8)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am a lot more relaxed about it at the Dr because I usually pull the clubs out in groups of three or so and knowing I will wash them when I get home and reorg then. But on the course it has to be, starting in the top left and moving clockwise, 3 and 5 metal, 3 and 5 hybrid, putter alone in the center, 62 and 60, 56 and 50, pw and 9, then bottom left has 8, 7 and 6.

I have a 14 way divider bag and always will. Each club has a specific place as do my tees, balls, and markers. I have organized my bag the same way for 8 years and will only buy a new bag if it fits my requirements. My golf cart also has a specific order and place for everything.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for digging up old threads, but do people with 14 way dividers have some experiences with one iron damaging the back of the other iron. This because some of my irons are damaged on the back because of the irons hitting each other when walking. Are there some ideas on how to arrange your bag to prevent this?

Longer shaft clubs go in the rear of the bag, shorter shaft clubs center of bag. PW and 56 degree wedge in front of bag. Putter in mid center front. Rain poncho in left zippered compartment. Towel and club brush, etc. attached to outside of bag. Water and snack bar in right side zippered compartment. Balls and tees in lower front zippered pockets.

• 5 years later...
(edited)

I use an electric "trolley" to haul my bag of clubs. The bag sits in the cart at an angle with the bottom of the bag forward of the top of the bag. The bag is also constructed such that the pockets are on the front and sides of the bag but not on the back portion which leans against the cart so turning the bag around in the cart is not an option. The forward portion of the bag has shorter club "pockets" than the part of the bag nearest the cart so I place my putter (shortest club) in the most forward pocket (the shortest) and spread the clubs in decreasing loft towards the back of the back with the longest clubs nearest the cart. I think you can see what I'm describing here:

I mentioned in the club cover thread that I went back to club covers because on of my shorter clubheads was rubbing against the graphite shaft of one of the longer clubs causing a mark. I figured that a metal clubhead rubbing against a graphite shaft was not a good thing. @Double Mocha Mansuggested I reverse the order of the clubs but then I'd have the driver in the shortest portion of the bag and the wedges in the deepest portion of the bag. So, if you're a walker and use a cart, how do you arrange your clubs in the bag? Tallest closest to the cart or tallest furthest from the cart?

Maybe I should have posted this in the equipment section? Sorry.

Edited by Zippo

My longest clubs are opposite my cart. @iacas rearranged my bag last year or the year before and I haven’t changed it since.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, billchao said:

My longest clubs are opposite my cart. @iacas rearranged my bag last year or the year before and I haven’t changed it since.

Thank you. Are the club pockets in your bag longer or shorter opposite your cart?

Just now, Zippo said:

Thank you. Are the club pockets in your bag longer or shorter opposite your cart?

Shorter. The wedges are in the deepest pockets.

3 minutes ago, billchao said:

Shorter. The wedges are in the deepest pockets.

Dang! Thank you. I'll give that a go and see how it works for me. Gonna look weird to me as I'm so used to it the other way around!

Just now, Zippo said:

Dang! Thank you. I'll give that a go and see how it works for me. Gonna look weird to me as I'm so used to it the other way around!

It’s pretty easy to adjust to. The wedges are at hand as I walk the cart and nothing hits my graphite shafts because they’re on the high side of the bag.

It word better when I ride, too, because the cart and cover doesn’t interfere with the long clubs.

Zippo, I just looked at a picture of your Zip Navigator. Not dissimilar to a regular push cart. I put my driver and metals in the tallest part of my bag nearest the bag strap. 5 through 9 irons in the middle two dividers of the bag. And my multitude of 5 wedges in the lowest part of the bag. I haven't had any heads rubbing against shafts. But they are steel shafts so I might not have noticed.

1 minute ago, billchao said:

It’s pretty easy to adjust to. The wedges are at hand as I walk the cart and nothing hits my graphite shafts because they’re on the high side of the bag.

It word better when I ride, too, because the cart and cover doesn’t interfere with the long clubs.

Sorry. Now I'm confused. When your bag is on the riding cart aren't your longer clubs closest to you? When my bag is on a riding cart the Driver and long clubs are closest to the cart and the putter is closest to me when I go to pull a club.

Just now, Double Mocha Man said:

Zippo, I just looked at a picture of your Zip Navigator. Not dissimilar to a regular push cart. I put my driver and metals in the tallest part of my bag nearest the bag strap. 5 through 9 irons in the middle two dividers of the bag. And my multitude of 5 wedges in the lowest part of the bag. I haven't had any heads rubbing against shafts. But they are steel shafts so I might not have noticed.

That is how I have mine set up, currently. But the heads on my shorter clubs tend to rub on the shafts of the irons. Hence the club covers.

• iacas changed the title to How Do You Arrange Clubs in your Bag?
(edited)

Bill and I are working on you to get you to relegate those iron covers to your attic.

How many bag dividers do you have?

Edited by Double Mocha Man

22 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Sorry. Now I'm confused. When your bag is on the riding cart aren't your longer clubs closest to you? When my bag is on a riding cart the Driver and long clubs are closest to the cart and the putter is closest to me when I go to pull a club.

My longest clubs are in the shortest pockets in my bag. The side closest to the pockets on the front of the bag and farthest away from the back of the bag which sits against my push cart and a riding cart. It’s the same side.

5 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Bill and I are working on you to get you to relegate those iron covers to your attic.

How many bag dividers do you have?

Thanks, @iacasfor merging this for me. I should have checked for an existing thread first.

There are 14 pockets. I went out and looked at it again and I think the problem is partly operator error and partly bag design. I've noticed that, at times, a club can be difficult to remove from the bag. It's like it gets jammed at the bottom with nearby clubs. And, sometimes, when I return a club to the bag, it also can be difficult to get the club all the way back into the bag. Leaving a club up may be allowing a club head to rub against a nearby shaft.

IMG_01313.thumb.jpg.06bf5fa0c3706820f7e49aa55b978b28.jpg

IMG_01316.thumb.jpg.8531cfa87e5129eca243c9f497d1c5ec.jpg