IGNORED

How Do You Arrange Clubs in your Bag?

roverT7
Note: This thread is 1074 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Club Arrangement  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How do you organize your bag?

• Put the clubs whereever
    • Put clubs in any open divider
    • Always group certain clubs together
    • Every club has one right location. Just one!

That's hilarious. Good one. :)

If I

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

I can't hit any club longer than a 5 iron so my bag is light and easy to organize.

Top tier - empty
Second tier - putter
Third tier - Left, 5. Right, 6 & 7.
Bottom tier - Left, four wedges. Right, 8 & 9

Every time sounds a little OCDish. I know because it sounds like something that I would do. LOL

Now that you say it, it does sound a little OCD.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My wife tends to just put them back wherever they fit. I will find myself reorganinzing her bag, every few weeks, while we wait on the tee.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

i broke up with my ex because she put the club in the wrong slot. bitch. j/k

they go in order, top slot is driver and 3 wood, next i have a slot that gos all the way across that i keep my putter in.

next left, is 3,4,5i, next to that is 6,7,8, below is 9, pw, gw and sw if i use it. And the clubs dont change slots. Ever.

I mean ever. yay ocd lol

My Sun Mountain C-130 bag is organized as follows:
Top Tier: Driver, 3W, 5W
Second Tier: 4h, 10' Ball Retriever
Third Tier: 5i - 8i
Bottom Tier: 9i, PW, SW

The putter has its own spot in the front of the bag.
In My Sun Mountain C-130 Bag
Woods: System Q
Hybrid: System Q
Irons: Acer XP905
Ball: Other EquipmentPush Cart: Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1My Home CourseGreen Knoll Golf Course

My Sun Mountain C-130 bag is organized as follows:

That C130 has individual dividers like my Sun Mountain SCB (Speed Cart Bag). I always start the round off like this... 3H/DR/3W 4i/5i/6i/7i 8i/9i/PW/GW SW/open/GW with the putter in the well. During the round, if I'm riding, all hell breaks loose when I take take out 3 or 4 clubs and my putter to walk over to my ball. When I return, it anyone's guess where the clubs will wind up. I do try to keep them close to their original row When I'm walking using the speed cart, I have to shift all the clubs because the bag fits in the cart in the opposite direction. That's what I like about the bag...the longer clubs are always furthest from me.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

Thanks, everybody. Pretty cool (and surprising) to see the results of the poll. I'm always catching flack from my foursome for this, so now I can point out that they are the minority!

Not only would they appear to be the minority, but they are contributing to slow play.

Let's say it takes an extra 10-15 seconds to find a club everytime they go looking through their bag. Let's say they shoot 94 (we'll not count half of their 36 putts, grabbing putter only once per hole) so 76 trips to the bag looking for clubs. That's 12 to 19 minutes extra per round.

I'm currently using a MacGregor cart bag with six way divider (3 full length) and divide this way when looking from above, behind the cart:

Top Left: D, 3W,
Top Right: 3h, 4h, 5W
Middle Left: 4i, 5i, 6i
Middle Right: 7i, 8i, 9i
Lower Left: LW, PW
Lower Right: Putter, SW

Too many clubs. I alternate my 5W and 4h since I rarely use either and get the same result from both (of course it's dependent on the lie). I always put my clubs into the divider they came from.

The real question is, how many of you put the covers back on your clubs when you put them in the bag after each shot? How about just the driver and/or wood covers each time? Putter?
In my (looking for a new cart bag):

Driver: AirMax 430-S, 10.5°, Fujikura R Flex
3-Wood: Gigagolf Ozzy Moto, 15°, UST PGH 100 R Flex
5-Wood: Gigagolf Ozzy Moto, 18°, UST PGH 100 R FlexHybrids: Deep Red 17°/21°Irons: Deep Red, 17-4 Stainless, 5-PWWedges: Orlimar SOS Black Oxide,...

I can be somewhat anal with my club organization. All clubs have a place, and a place for every club. They all go back in order. That way, I know exactly where to grab for each club. My driver, 3W 5W and hybrid all live together in the big comartment on top, then the 4, 5 and 6 in a compartment, then 7, 8 and 9. All 4 wedges (PW, 52 gap, 56 sand and 60 lob) all live together, and Mr. putter gets his own place.

Yeah, I know that's too many clubs, but Until I get my tour card, I'm not really concerned about it.

And yes, the woods all have headcovers that go back on after each shot, and the putter headcover does the same.

In the bag:
Driver: Launcher TiO460
Fairway woods: Launcher
Hybrid: Slingshot 23*
Irons: TA4 4-9,P,DWedge: 588 56* sand, 60* lobPutter: White Hot XG

I can be somewhat anal with my club organization. All clubs have a place, and a place for every club. They all go back in order. That way, I know exactly where to grab for each club. My driver, 3W 5W and hybrid all live together in the big comartment on top, then the 4, 5 and 6 in a compartment, then 7, 8 and 9. All 4 wedges (PW, 52 gap, 56 sand and 60 lob) all live together, and Mr. putter gets his own place.

Ignoring the 14 club limit??? How can you live with your cheating self???

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

Ignoring the 14 club limit??? How can you live with your cheating self???

Easily!! I forgot to mention one other club, the one that doesn't fit in my bag: the Foot Wedge!!

In the bag:
Driver: Launcher TiO460
Fairway woods: Launcher
Hybrid: Slingshot 23*
Irons: TA4 4-9,P,DWedge: 588 56* sand, 60* lobPutter: White Hot XG

I have to admit that I myself have a duel personality: C-player on the course, but a D-man when the bag is at the house.

lol, if i'm forced to admit it, thats me to a T.

907D2 9.5°, Fujikura Speeder
906F4, 15.5°, Fujikura Speeder
585H, 19°, Fujikura Speeder
735 CM 3-PW, Dynamic Gold
Vokey 52° & 58°35" Circa 62 #3Freestyle BagLow tournament score: 70 (back in my high school days)

My bag has 5 dividers. When I put my clubs in there I was just putting them in there. Some of you guys scare me with the way you've set up your bag. My clubs do however go in the same holes but not always in the same order.

Here's how I have it set up:
Top: 3-wood, 5-wood (The Judge) although I hit it like a court jester, and 3 iron
Middle Right: 4-6 iron
Middle Left: 7-9 iron
Bottom Right: S-wedge, Alien wedge
Bottom Left: P-wedge, Putter

All my clubs have covers on them also except for the P-wedge and the Alien wedge. The one time I let me sister caddie for me she lost the cover for the P-wedge.

In my Pro-Walker stand bag:

Driver: Founders Club "The Judge" Graphite shaft (benched for bad play)
3-wood: 15* steel shaft
5 & 7-wood: Velocitized BBT Oversized Graphite Shaft Medium Flex 21* & 25*3-iron: Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge (benched for bad play)4-SW: Maker's Pride irons steel shaftsP...

Top: Driver, 3 Wood and Putter
Middle Left: 3, 4 and 5 Irons
Middle Right: 6, 7 and 8 irons
Bottom: 9 iron PW and 56º

I'm thinking about getting a 2 iron and a 60º. The 2i will go to the top and the 60º will go to the bottom

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

My quandry is something altogather different... I have a bag with 14 holes... I also have a putter tube. My Ping Craz-e G2 loves the tube... he's a bit of a loner and likes the solitude. This leaves an empty space in wedge row. I will NOT carry a ball retreiver... too amatuer. My ubrella has its own holder. I also will NOT carry over 14 clubs... I'm a rule follower. So what should I do with this extra slot.

Also, don't think I ride carts just because I have a large 14 divider bag... I actually walk with my nice little bagboy push cart about 75% of the time.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Top: Driver, 3 wood, 2 iron, putter
Middle Left: 3, 4, 5 irons
Middle Right: 6, 7, 8 irons
Bottom: 9 iron, PW, 52*, 58*
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

Note: This thread is 1074 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!