IGNORED

How Do You Arrange Clubs in your Bag?

Club Arrangement  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How do you organize your bag?

• Put the clubs whereever
    • Put clubs in any open divider
    • Always group certain clubs together
    • Every club has one right location. Just one!

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is John's 4 club set up.

If I ever hit my 7-iron 195, let along INTO A BREEZE, I will take off my shirt, carefully wrap the club in it, and carry it all the way back to my car even if I am on the hole farthest from the par

I switch the position of my Driver/3W/Hybrid with wedges/putter when switching between carrying and using a push cart so the toe hang of the irons doesn't bang on the graphite shafts.

Posted Images

I can't hit any club longer than a 5 iron so my bag is light and easy to organize.

Top tier - empty
Second tier - putter
Third tier - Left, 5. Right, 6 & 7.
Bottom tier - Left, four wedges. Right, 8 & 9

i broke up with my ex because she put the club in the wrong slot. bitch. j/k

they go in order, top slot is driver and 3 wood, next i have a slot that gos all the way across that i keep my putter in.

next left, is 3,4,5i, next to that is 6,7,8, below is 9, pw, gw and sw if i use it. And the clubs dont change slots. Ever.

I mean ever. yay ocd lol

My Sun Mountain C-130 bag is organized as follows:
Top Tier: Driver, 3W, 5W
Second Tier: 4h, 10' Ball Retriever
Third Tier: 5i - 8i
Bottom Tier: 9i, PW, SW

The putter has its own spot in the front of the bag.

My Sun Mountain C-130 bag is organized as follows:

That C130 has individual dividers like my Sun Mountain SCB (Speed Cart Bag). I always start the round off like this... 3H/DR/3W 4i/5i/6i/7i 8i/9i/PW/GW SW/open/GW with the putter in the well. During the round, if I'm riding, all hell breaks loose when I take take out 3 or 4 clubs and my putter to walk over to my ball. When I return, it anyone's guess where the clubs will wind up. I do try to keep them close to their original row When I'm walking using the speed cart, I have to shift all the clubs because the bag fits in the cart in the opposite direction. That's what I like about the bag...the longer clubs are always furthest from me.

Thanks, everybody. Pretty cool (and surprising) to see the results of the poll. I'm always catching flack from my foursome for this, so now I can point out that they are the minority!

Not only would they appear to be the minority, but they are contributing to slow play.

Let's say it takes an extra 10-15 seconds to find a club everytime they go looking through their bag. Let's say they shoot 94 (we'll not count half of their 36 putts, grabbing putter only once per hole) so 76 trips to the bag looking for clubs. That's 12 to 19 minutes extra per round.

I'm currently using a MacGregor cart bag with six way divider (3 full length) and divide this way when looking from above, behind the cart:

Top Left: D, 3W,
Top Right: 3h, 4h, 5W
Middle Left: 4i, 5i, 6i
Middle Right: 7i, 8i, 9i
Lower Left: LW, PW
Lower Right: Putter, SW

Too many clubs. I alternate my 5W and 4h since I rarely use either and get the same result from both (of course it's dependent on the lie). I always put my clubs into the divider they came from.

The real question is, how many of you put the covers back on your clubs when you put them in the bag after each shot? How about just the driver and/or wood covers each time? Putter?

I can be somewhat anal with my club organization. All clubs have a place, and a place for every club. They all go back in order. That way, I know exactly where to grab for each club. My driver, 3W 5W and hybrid all live together in the big comartment on top, then the 4, 5 and 6 in a compartment, then 7, 8 and 9. All 4 wedges (PW, 52 gap, 56 sand and 60 lob) all live together, and Mr. putter gets his own place.

Yeah, I know that's too many clubs, but Until I get my tour card, I'm not really concerned about it.

And yes, the woods all have headcovers that go back on after each shot, and the putter headcover does the same.

I can be somewhat anal with my club organization. All clubs have a place, and a place for every club. They all go back in order. That way, I know exactly where to grab for each club. My driver, 3W 5W and hybrid all live together in the big comartment on top, then the 4, 5 and 6 in a compartment, then 7, 8 and 9. All 4 wedges (PW, 52 gap, 56 sand and 60 lob) all live together, and Mr. putter gets his own place.

Ignoring the 14 club limit??? How can you live with your cheating self???

My bag has 5 dividers. When I put my clubs in there I was just putting them in there. Some of you guys scare me with the way you've set up your bag. My clubs do however go in the same holes but not always in the same order.

Here's how I have it set up:
Top: 3-wood, 5-wood (The Judge) although I hit it like a court jester, and 3 iron
Middle Right: 4-6 iron
Middle Left: 7-9 iron
Bottom Right: S-wedge, Alien wedge
Bottom Left: P-wedge, Putter

All my clubs have covers on them also except for the P-wedge and the Alien wedge. The one time I let me sister caddie for me she lost the cover for the P-wedge.

Top: Driver, 3 Wood and Putter
Middle Left: 3, 4 and 5 Irons
Middle Right: 6, 7 and 8 irons
Bottom: 9 iron PW and 56º

I'm thinking about getting a 2 iron and a 60º. The 2i will go to the top and the 60º will go to the bottom

My quandry is something altogather different... I have a bag with 14 holes... I also have a putter tube. My Ping Craz-e G2 loves the tube... he's a bit of a loner and likes the solitude. This leaves an empty space in wedge row. I will NOT carry a ball retreiver... too amatuer. My ubrella has its own holder. I also will NOT carry over 14 clubs... I'm a rule follower. So what should I do with this extra slot.

Also, don't think I ride carts just because I have a large 14 divider bag... I actually walk with my nice little bagboy push cart about 75% of the time.

• iacas changed the title to How Do You Arrange Clubs in your Bag?