IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge January 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2631 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1/15: 10 minutes- Continued work on stronger grip based on instructor. Funny but I remember doing this a while ago and feeling the epiphany that a new grip gives you.... but then let is slip away over time as the weaker grip feels more natural. Good reminder from time to time to jolt yourself back to where you should be- I had checked that off my mental list of things to worry about! Did backswings with that stronger grip, focusing on flat left wrist and position of club at the top.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quick one today to make sure I got it in this morning  because I'm traveling. 5 min working on the wall drill in a mirror. Will try to do some more mirror work throughout the day. 

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

1/15 - Some putting in the basement followed by driver swings in the backyard. Used the garage window as a mirror. Cold out though, in the 30s. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1/15. A good afternoon work out.   First worked addressing a ball on the range by just bending the torso less exaggerated (in my estimation), setting the club, then flexing the knees and checking the hand position relative to the thighs. Repetitively.  Hit a few balls afterwards to loosen up.

Took the feeling to the course for a play in this conscious awareness position.  I found that when the hands were set in closer the shots were mostly on target and a little longer.  The leaning over is most likely a major contributor to my left miss I described earlier.  One thing I concentrated on today was checking the hand position on every shot!  Sometimes I just get behind the ball and hit.   If I was scoring I would have had a good half round...but I've been around sports a long time and know one home run or a 300 drive does not make a power or a long ball hitter out of you.   Wound up with 3 birdies though.

IMG_0414.JPG

50 balls at a cold, wet, windy castle hawk driving range. Still trying to nail a consistent, comfortable swing with decent tempo, plane and contact with the round thing and club face. Gotta come soon , the enlightenment that is!!!!!!

1/15: Played 18 today and sucked. Shot an even 100 (49/51). Good drives most of the day and several great approach shots from 100yds or less, but my 3 wood let me down several times and long irons weren't especially great either. Also,  I can't putt. (A week of ignoring putting practice certainly didn't help on that front. :8))

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

1/15 - a few pitch swings using plastic balls in front yard. :-X

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Extra credit: Hit some balls at the range and took video. Happy that my hips were more centered. I need to keep working on this. Hips still not open enough at impact. 

- Shane

Another hour on the range today.  Spent a good portion on the putting green practicing some of the changes I've been working on in my stance/alignment. 

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Went to the toy store, I mean Golf Galaxy, to find a new driver. Good session on launch monitor. Still casting but got a bit of distance 200 yards

bought a used Cobra with a draw setting that delivers my casting drive into the fairway

went to the range. Hit a bucket working on sequencing and trying to generate some lag. Not much success

Golf Galaxy to hit the launch monitors...testing out a few drivers and it was good to see my numbers again.  Swing speed is a few MPH better than a year ago.  Something I've worked on and thought about over the off season in tweaking my takeaway.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

I try to practice for a few hours every week on my simulator, but sometimes there is just not enough time in the day. I always try to practice my short putts no matter what since this is such an important part of the game.

Edited by RandallT
removed link to place to buy simulator. irrelevant.

1/16 - the 6.5 month streak comes to an end. I'm deathly I'll (at least in my opinion) and have only left the bed to go to the bathroom and/or let the dog out a few times. I won't be doing anything today. :~(

***i was thinking that after a couple of months we should accrue a sick day or so that won't count against us :-)

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

1/16 - Some putting in the basement. Later in the day, easy swings with the driver in the back yard. Focused on right elbow staying out in front from A4 to impact, then proper position for A8-9.

My workout also had golf related exercises including tossing medicine ball at wall, similar to Dave W's rock drill. Also did shoulder turn exercises and stretching shoulders for better turn and finish.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2631 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!