IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge January 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2609 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Got video feedback from new coach today. 

Watched video that focused

on less lateral movement 

more rotation around the body

maintain lag longer

have begun research on drills to prevent casting and more body turn

I am in Florida and got to play golf today for the first time in a while. Also got to hit quite a few balls on the range working on my evolvr priorities. 

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1/16: Played 18 again today, but did worse. Shot a 102. Half of my drives were great, and the other half were crap. Was in trouble all day, having to make a recovery shot of some sort on several holes.

Ironically, best putting I've had in a while, 32 putts. Six 1-putts, and three of those were from 15+ feet. Everything else was close. Good reads and distance most of the day.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

1/17 - back in the saddle again;  5 mins of pitching in front yard concentrating on early wrist hinge and smooth body turn

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

1/17: 5 minutes on getting to stronger grip, per last lesson. Getting more natural to get there. 5 minutes flat left wrist in backswing and slow downswing. Trying to do slow more natural swings and staying vaguely aware of wrist condition, occasionally checking at A6.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

1/17.  Spent 3 hours at the practice course working on the swing with an 8, 6, & 4i.  Then hitting a few holes.  Felt relaxed, a little steep (based on the divots), and with a pretty nice ball flight.  A little longer today.   Went to the back nine after grinding in the pits.   

Had a good laugh on hole 14, a par 5.  Nice drive over the crest of the hill center fairway.  Second, a 5 wood layup out right instead of attacking the hole trying to carry a waste area and bunkers protecting the green.  Third, walked up and read the marker as 99 out.  Well I came in from the other direction and the marker was actually 66 out.  Darn, flew right over the pin off the green.  

Edited by Hatchman

1/17 - 20 minutes mirror work at the gym. Focused on right elbow from A4 through impact with slow swings. I want to get this feel down to improve my key 3. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

45 min Casting about for solution to casting. 

My instructor suggested

• feet together and swing around the body--some sense of swinging around body, but not much on the casting

• hold left arm out straight to top of standing golf club and swing the right arm underneath--didn't feel much of anything

• tried Martin Hall's tip with stick to feel big muscles--so so results

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2BbOsXUFQs&sns=em

• got myself "Hermanized" by Herman Williams 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_zCVTu_65A&sns=em

hinged wrist up and down thru felt closer to what I should be doing, kinda tense tho

all and all, a frustrating sequence. At least, I got my Sklz swings in.

Will continue to look for exercises and hope that tomorrow is a better day

1/17: Walked 8 holes this evening after work. No warm-up before the round, so I just focused on my hip turn and tried to only make a 3/4 swing. I've been using a faster tempo for the past month or so, and it had been working very well, but the last two rounds sucked bad so I slowed down a bit today. It took a couple holes but I settled in with a nice drive on the third hole and played some decent golf until it was too dark to see the ball. :-D

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

Got to play 18 again and spend some extended practice time on the range focusing on hip turn and 3/4 backswing. 

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

1/18 - 5 mins of pitching in front yard concentrating on early wrist hinge, smooth body turn, and distance control using different take away lengths

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

1/18 - 10 minutes mirror work focusing on Key 3 with slower and partial swings.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

had a wild practice session last night, i was all over the place, swinging wildly and not having a consistent swing thought. i am going back tonight, and aiming to have less than 20 intermediate swings and really having a purpose for each swing, and try to hit a shape with each swing. 

really need to slow things down becasue i think i took a step back after a great previous practice session i had a few nights before. 

"Swing with a Purpose" 

What's In The Bag:
Woods: Driver: RBZ stage 2 10* 3 wood: RBZ 15* 5 wood: NIke vapor speed 19*
Irons/ wedges: Rbladez tour 4-PW; Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 56*, CG11 60*
Putter: Odyssey White ice #9

1/18: Mirror work and putting. Five minutes of wall drill with a mirror and about 15 minutes putting on the rug in the hallway.

Jake

Note: This thread is 2609 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!