IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge January 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2627 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12/07 - almost didn't get it in today. With the snow, forgot about it. I just did some pitch swings in garage...honestly just to keep the streak alive. ;-)

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1/8: mirror work on backswing and flat left wrist.  Also did some mirror time verifying centered pivot in mirror- club across chest. 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

1/8 - 15 minutes putting in the basement (9 degrees out!). Then a few partial swing drills from A6 to A9 with a 9 iron.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Spent about 15 min working on mirror drills on my backswing. Also 50 reps of wall drill still working on the feeling of correct pivot.  Will hit some half swings later today in my basement. 

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

After playing 18 holes, hit bucket of balls.

PW: inside out swing was good. Contact solid and ball flight straight. On a few occasion, good distance straight into wind. No draw. 

7 iron was more hit and miss. Ball flight sometimes slicing and some very fat shots. Definitely not as consistent as PW.

driver was very solid and sometimes long although hard to tell how long. No draw

All in all, good inside to out session. Practice swings seem to be helping

1/8.  Worked on tilt and turn to 90* mark to increase flexibility.  Stiff right lat.

Edited by Hatchman

20 hours ago, PabloMoorzio said:

Saturday 7th January. 

9 holes with son, on a terribly wet course in Rochdale, then half hour with pro trying to understand why I often "top" golf balls when not on mats. 

Sunday 8th Jan. 1/2 hour on very muddy field with #9 iron trying to get decent height and flight instead of hitting well above equator and drilling ball under earth!!!! Mild success?

19 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

12/07 - almost didn't get it in today. With the snow, forgot about it. I just did some pitch swings in garage...honestly just to keep the streak alive. ;-)

12/08 - ditto

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

More chipping, and working on grip this weekend. Spent a little while working on getting a grip on the club. finding the right position for my hands that was comfortable and allows me to keep both of my hands as a unit throughout my entire swing. Really worked on having a feeling of the hands working together  this weekend. a lot of takeaways and short swings to feel how each of the hands is working and trying to get them on the same page. chipping was the best way to start this practice. will go back to a little putting later today and more grip feeling as well. 

I can tell already that i am feeling more and more patient with every practice session. this is going to be a good year!

"Swing with a Purpose" 

What's In The Bag:
Woods: Driver: RBZ stage 2 10* 3 wood: RBZ 15* 5 wood: NIke vapor speed 19*
Irons/ wedges: Rbladez tour 4-PW; Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 56*, CG11 60*
Putter: Odyssey White ice #9

1/9 - 10 minutes mirror work focusing on extending though contact.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Monday 9th Jan - Back to the range again at lunch, still trying to get a proper contact with ball and irons but not consistent enough to be able to confidently declare I am good enough to play a round of golf without either a) digging up enough green stuff to relay a small garden or b) hit the ball above the equator so much that it tries to drill its way through the earth to Australia!!!!! Need to get this sorted!

Still awaiting delivery of Zepp analyser to try and con myself into thinking I know how to swing a golf bat.

Edited by PabloMoorzio

12/09 - chipping with putting method on carpet at work... aiming a Gatorade capIMG_4034.JPG (I'd estimate it to be a 10-11 on stimp meter)

• Upvote 2

-Jonny

10 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

12/09 - chipping with putting method on carpet at work... aiming a Gatorade capIMG_4034.JPG (I'd estimate it to be a 10-11 on stimp meter)

Great image. I would have to use fake golf balls to avoid breaking a window!

15 mins of mirror work focusing on setup and hip turn.  I'll get to hit some balls into a net this evening focusing on my arms stopping on the backswing when my pivot stops or 1/2 swing feels.

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

1/10.  Morning turn and tilt movements this.  Working out the stiff bug inside.  Not as tight today.

Edited by Hatchman

Aah! I braved the cold yesterday but forgot to post! Please forgive the double-post today...

1/8: Cold and windy, but I bundled up and broke out the hand warmers. About 20-30 minutes of pitching practice in the front yard. Practiced for 10 minutes with my 58W and the rest with my pitching wedge. I like popping them up in the air with my lob wedge, but I think with a little more practice I'm going to be more accurate in the long run with the pitching wedge.

1/9: Still cold and I haven't thawed out from yesterday yet, so just 10 minutes of mirror work after work today. Focus on hip turn w/ no sway going back.

Edited by roamin

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Note: This thread is 2627 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!