IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge January 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2609 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Putting, putting putting. starting out with my putting this year, i want to start this year from the cup out so i am going to be puting a lot more time into putting this year. 

did a putting routine in my house just to work on the stroke. it was way to cold after work to be doing that sort of stuff outside. 

worked on a new putting routine( lining up put, stepping in taking grip, sucking in my arms to my core, (all while maintaining a 5 in 6 out breathing sequence to calm my nerves and then take my stroke, really getting the feel of the pendulum as it swings through the ball. 

about 30-45 mins going from 3 ft. to 6 ft. to 10 ft. and repeating. 

carpet isnt the same as a putting green but i want to create a stroke that will be repeatable when i do finally go onto the greens. that is what i have been lacking in my green play.

"Swing with a Purpose" 

What's In The Bag:
Woods: Driver: RBZ stage 2 10* 3 wood: RBZ 15* 5 wood: NIke vapor speed 19*
Irons/ wedges: Rbladez tour 4-PW; Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 56*, CG11 60*
Putter: Odyssey White ice #9

1/05 - worked on pitch motion (see Erik's video) w/SW with focus on early wrist hinge and body rotation through swing.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1/5: Backswing fundamentals from last lesson. Reviewed video lesson from a couple weeks back. Left wrist is getting to be more and more "conscious competence." I had a few moments yesterday on the course, where I thought I might have experienced some unconscious competence with that skill, but there's a way to go before that'll come (and I'd need lotsa video to be sure). For now, it's reps reps reps.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Im practicing in the mirror right now !!! Yesterday I noticed my left wrist was cupped a bit at the top. So Ive been over exaggerating a bowed left wrist. Ive got the feel grooved into my brain right now. I didnt notice how lazy ive been getting at the top. Im gonna hit the range tomorrow and hit some balls and see if i can get my ball flight back. This surely has been why my cut has turned into a "power fade" !!!!  Man you have to stay on top of yourself. Mirror work is so important , I will not let that slide again. Bet on it !!

Also, it feels like my swing is a little flatter when I flatten my wrist at the top more. Ive been steep lately. Just lazy man !! LAZY

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

slow motion swings, mirror work, with and without a club focusing on hip turn, setup, and stopping my backswing sooner

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

5. Afternoon work on the course.  Tee to green with new address posture swing.  Long irons to 60 degree.  Liking the distance, ball flight, and dispersion (when I didn't over swing) when I hit two balls.  Think I may have found a possible reason for the miss left I've been getting since coming back.  The overswinging to get more distance, or past someone, causes me to swing out to in with a slight open club face.  Results in less distance and left.   Need the longer swing with solid contact I'm building rather than trying to just hit it harder.  Had a nice chip in from below the hole also on a elevated par 3.  A good session.

IMG_0371.JPG

IMG_0372.JPG

• Upvote 1

Went to the range and tested my flat wrist at the top...Contact is real good , an alignment adjustment is needed now. Maybe I should have left myself alone, haha. Keep workin Rick !!

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

1 hour ago, Hatchman said:

Had a nice chip in from below the hole also on a elevated par 3.  A good session.

IMG_0371.JPG

@Hatchman love this image!!!

20 min Alt Sklz swing trainer and 7 iron. Inside out swing starting with brush thru, on to "y," L and then full swing

first portion solid to L. L and Full swings a bit more iffy. Whiff every now and then on real time speed swings

just need to go slow as necessary until it is ingrained

Driver is much better. Bring the club to top of backswing, bump hip forward and swing thru from inside. Was repeating well at reduced and full speeds. Began to wonder about how to maintain wrist 90 degree angle to the very end. Like the natural whoosh it produces when I  can find it

Excited to get to range on Saturday to see what less than full strength swings produce with golf balls in terms of distance

1/5: Didn't feel like putting today. Lots of chipping practice with my pitching wedge and 58W. Working on mapping out my distances to different backswing lengths. Have always been a feel player around the green and have gotten pretty good, but I want to take some of the guess-work out of it.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

12/06 - kettle bell swings for balance weight shift with additional focus on steady head. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

1/2 swings and slow motion with mirror to work on stopping backswing when hips stop. Some swings trying to translate it over to less thinking hitting on launch monitor. 

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Friday 6th Jan.

Lunch time = range.

77 balls, :) swing again but as feeling more confident with hitting ball and getting "fairly" consistent direction results, figured I'd try with full(ish) swing to see how I got on. Not bad if I do say so myself, not hitting it over the fences but happy.

Note: This thread is 2609 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!