IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge January 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1/6: 5 minutes easy flowing backswing in foyer. Trying to reach positions naturally, with extra focus left wrist. 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Last night was a short chipping night. Took PW at many different lengths from the "hole". Going from barely knocking some onto a green(3 ft carry) to a little bit longer (15ft carry). really trying to hone in these close up chip shots, and get those into form and then move out to longer chip shots.

I realized how this can relate to other sports as well. Whenever i used to shoot-around with a basketball, and i wasn't very good then, I would start out by shooting a couple from the foul line and then most of my shots would be from at least 12 ft from the basket. Now when i look back it didn't make any sense because when i would play pick-up games i was so nervous when close to the basket that i would miss a lot of close shots, and i found myself doing that in my golf game early on as well. Crazy how we see so many parallels, but good to reinforce why i am doing certain practice. ( I have since changed my shoot-around techniques for basketball as well if anyone was wondering.)

"Swing with a Purpose" 

What's In The Bag:
Woods: Driver: RBZ stage 2 10* 3 wood: RBZ 15* 5 wood: NIke vapor speed 19*
Irons/ wedges: Rbladez tour 4-PW; Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 56*, CG11 60*
Putter: Odyssey White ice #9

1/6 - 10 minutes mirror work focusing on my drill.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Terrible weather , rainy and just miserable. So putting and workin in the mirror. Hit Em Good if you can get out folks !

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

Damn!! The visitors are back!

got 5 min Sklz trainer swings done. Inside out swing in slow motion with complete finish. Tried holding 90 degree wrist cock for as long as I could but was not successful in generating natural whip

travel day tomorrow with hopes of finding golf range at the end of the day for real practice session

sunday will play 18 in Miami woot! woot!

Left hip back again this evening making sure feet are pointed out. I'm really trying to overdo it with the feet. Getting the feeling of the club staying behind me more. 

- Shane

1/6: Had a storm coming this evening but managed to get 15 minutes of pitching practice in. Worked on aim and direction for a bit and then had some fun experimenting with the clubface and my swing to see how high I could get the ball to go.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

1/7 -5 minutes mirror work at the gym and 10 putting at home. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Mirror work for backswing . Wall drill for hip turn.  

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

30 min range work. PW was great. Inside out swing to launch high, straight shots of 100 yds+ into the wind.

when tried the with 7 iron much less consistent shots. Some shanking, some fat shots

overall, good. Shots may be launching too high.

1/7: Wall drill and mirror work watching my right hip on the backswing. Too cold for anything else. :-(

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Note: This thread is 2636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!