IGNORED

What are you hitting ? (New Year Coming)

Note: This thread is 2622 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So Santa has come and gone and the New Year is upon us. What are you using for your birdies this year ? I would like to see everybody's rig and know what there favorite club is in the bag. Post pics and be proud now. Im a Callaway guy myself and my 8-iron is my favorite club. I use it as my bump and run club and my 135-145 yardage. I hope to get longer with all my clubs but thats where I am at the moment comfortably , without swingin out of my shoes.

20161011_154701.jpg

20161114_174054.jpg

20161214_142937.jpg

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

nice sticks

• Upvote 1

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Nice clubs @Strat-Pack Rick

I've got the PING i irons in the bag (sometimes go with the iBlades) and looking forward to checking out the i200's which should be announced soon.

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

10 minutes ago, mvmac said:

I've got the PING i irons in the bag (sometimes go with the iBlades) and looking forward to checking out the i200's which should be announced soon.

Eh!?

What level of player are they for? 

I rock a mixed bag. Ping woods, Titleist hybrid, Mizuno irons, Edel putter and wedges. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

40 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Eh!?

I rock a mixed bag. Ping woods, Titleist hybrid, Mizuno irons, Edel putter and wedges. 

@saevel25 I used to have mixed bag too. I had Mizuno irons as well. I had way to stiff shafts and everything else was a little dated. So I went and got fitted all the way through the bag and it was the best thing I ever did. Im actually improving and am all up in love with golf , haha. Hit Em Good Bud !!

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

1 hour ago, mvmac said:

@mvmac Well when you go get em (hopefully) let me know how they work !! With your index being a 1, haha , bet you can work em pretty dang good. Hope you have a great season coming up.

2 hours ago, Hacker James said:

nice sticks

@Hacker James Thanks bud. Set of my dreams really. I got fed up and went and got fitted. Best move ever. Its amazing how much better you play when your clubs arent fighting against you. My old shafts were for guys like Rory and DJ . The guy at the fitting center said "I bet you hate these damn things" haha, too funny.

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

9 hours ago, saevel25 said:

It will replace the i E1 irons. From what I've heard they'll look like the "i" version of the iBlades, deeper cavity, wider soles and a little bigger blade length.

Mike McLoughlin

16 hours ago, mvmac said:

Do you ever blend the two and play the I's in the long irons and the I blade short irons?  Maybe the distance gaps don't work. I've never played ping but the new irons they are coming out with are much better looking IMO. 

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

8 hours ago, mvmac said:

It will replace the i E1 irons. From what I've heard they'll look like the "i" version of the iBlades, deeper cavity, wider soles and a little bigger blade length.

Nice, the i-E1 were good irons. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

4 hours ago, Wanzo said:

Do you ever blend the two and play the I's in the long irons and the I blade short irons?

Yes, i 4-5 and iBlade 6-W. 

4 hours ago, Wanzo said:

Maybe the distance gaps don't work.

There is a bit of a gap, i irons lofts are stronger than the iBlades.

Mike McLoughlin

Driver - Ping G30 LSTEC. 3W & 3H - Ping G30

4-PW - Mizuno MP25

50, 54, 58 wedges - Titleist SM5

Putter - Odyssey White Hot Rossie 

Ball - Snell MTB (and Pro-V1x, since I received several dozen for Christmas)

Have pretty much built this set over the last year or two (other than the trusty old putter), and it's working for me.  No plans to change things anytime soon.

1 hour ago, mvmac said:

Yes, i 4-5 and iBlade 6-W. 

There is a bit of a gap, i irons lofts are stronger than the iBlades.

I would think more companies start blending iron sets as an option with tweaked lofts that work. Like callaway with apex and apex pro, they offer that I think. Maybe others do as well. 

Matt          My Swing

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Updated most of my clubs last year. Gonna stick with these for a while and focus in improving the "Indian's" technique . "Arrows" seem fine

IMG_4049.JPG

Matt          My Swing

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Loving the response to this...Callaway has a mixed set of APEX PRO/APEX CF irons. Im happy with my CF 16's but I would like to hit those APEX Pro Short irons just to see.

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

TM RBZ Stage 2 Driver, w/Alidila Blue Shaft

TM Rocketbladz Tour irons, re-shafted

TM Stage 2, 3 & 5 Woods, stock shafts (intergrated into the bag now)

TM ATV Wedges, 52-60*

Adams Idea Pro Hybrid (usually the 4h) 

IMG_3240.JPG

Well Santa came and went, he must be a golfer!

Anyway I'm going to pretty much play the same clubs as last year. The only tweak might be different shafts in my irons. I have KBS Tour 105 in my irons now. But thinking of going to UST Mayima Recoil 680 F5 (X-flex) which in testing play more like the stiff shafts I have now, but it launches higher and spins a shade more the distances are similar. 

As most of you know, I think highly of Tour Edge Exotics. But I wont be shelling out $700 for an XJ1 driver... 

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Note: This thread is 2622 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!