IGNORED

fairway woods from the deck

kiwi g
Note: This thread is 2654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 hours ago, kiwi g said:

yeah,thinking i'd put the 3 wood away till i improve quite a lot(or use it instead of my driver,give up about 30 yards with it,but find a lot more fairways.but thats another topic).

If you're not playing the club well, except off the tee, then this is a good idea.  Continue to practice with it on the range and improving your swing, but keep it in the bag during a round.

Being a new golfer, this strategy may work with several of your clubs.  Although allowed 14 clubs, it doesn't mean you need to play with all of them.  Use what you play well with, and add clubs as you continue to improve.

As you become more experienced, you'll also start to get a feel for what you prefer in one club vs. another (e.g. TM Rbz 3w vs. Ping G30 3w).

Welcome to the game, and best of luck!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You'll like that Cobra 5-7 wood. Also, as you get better you won't outgrow it.

I can hit a 3 wood if there is green grass and a fluffy lie.

Lately I'm experimenting with different 3 woods, and have better luck with the low profile ones.

The large (tall) face ones are like a mini driver. Good for fluffy lies and tee shots. 

Jack

so i went and brought the fly z 5-7 wood.when i tried it in the shop the first thing i noticed was something that i hadn't even thought to start with.and that was how much heavier it felt than the rbz 3 w.

On 1/2/2017 at 4:10 AM, WUTiger said:

The TM RBZ (Rocketballz) Stage 2 FWs flew a lot better for me than the originals. Part of the reason, Stage 2 had a 60-gram stock shaft rather than the feathery 45 gram. And, shots came off the deck better.

but the extra weight felt good,and i hit a few nice feeling shots with it.so brought it.

and then had it out on the course for the first time this weekend,I had it set at 18.5 degrees.my first swing with it was a second shot on a par 5.which much to my surprise,went high and straight and landed in the middle of the fairway. and ild guess i hit some between 185 to 200 yards.had 2 more hits with it off the deck.both of which got airborne,didn't carry quite as far and missed the fairway.but was happy with the flight and my strike.had 1 more swing with it on a long par 4(well for me anyway)at 420 yards.that ive never even come close to hitting the green in 2 on before.hit as good a tee shot as i can hit 220-230 yards and middle of the fairway,one of only 2 all day that had distance and hit the fairway:-Dwith my new found confidence in my 5 wood,i decided to pull out the 5 wood and go for it(probably about 200 yards to the middle of the green).always normally play it like a par 5 and just lay up.i completely miss hit it,and the ball never got more than 4 meters of the ground.much to my amazement thou,the ball still went straight and ended up about 30 yards short of the green,my 3 wood would of either gone less than 50 yards,or about 50 yards right..to sum it up,my first impressions of this club is,it does exactly what i was looking for.I like the extra weight,find it easier to get in the air.and seems more forgiving.dont get me wrong,i know this is a small sample size,and that my swing still needs a lot of work.and the club is not a fix.but i feel as thou this will do less damage to my scorecard.and i hit 3 out of 4 in the air with nice trajectory,with the 3 w ild of been lucky to get 1 out of 4.thanks for everyone's great help and advice:dance:  

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, kiwi g said:

so i went and brought the fly z 5-7 wood.when i tried it in the shop the first thing i noticed was something that i hadn't even thought to start with.and that was how much heavier it felt than the rbz 3 w.

The Cobra long clubs tend to have heavier shafts for everyday golfers than most other OEMs. I play the FlyZ 4H - it has a 75 gram Senior Flex shaft that works quite well for me. (R-flex on most other shafts). It drops in the slot so nicely it almost hits itself!

I may get the 3H on a custom order this spring.  

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!