Wanzo

3 hours ago, imsys0042 said:

Been hit twice.

Is that why you golf with that white protective armor? 😀

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, imsys0042 said:

Given my upbringing, not sorry at all. 

That's too bad. Sorry to hear it. 

I've been hit twice in my life. Oddly, both times were in the right thigh. Once I was sitting in a cart. The other time I was standing on a teebox watching one of the other people in my foursome tee-off. The time on the teebox was during a company outing. I was one of three people who were hit by balls that day. Luckily none too serious. That's what happens when you play a scramble format with an entire company (many of which are non-golfers) and give everyone free alcohol. 😖

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Had a few close calls working on a greens crew.

Most memorable was mowing aprons one day when a group pulls up onto the par 3 tee while I am finishing up, I literally have like 1.5 laps which is a max of 30-45 seconds.

Wave to the group as I turn to finish my last pass and the guy must've just hopped out of his cart threw a ball on the turf and smacked it at the green. It hit off the roll bar on my tractor 5 inches from my head. So I drove off found my coworker changing cups up ahead and had him put them all just barely on the verge of legality in the hardest spot possible on the rest of the course. Hope those f***ers 3 putted the rest of the round.

1 hour ago, Carl3 said:

Is that why you golf with that white protective armor? 😀

Rebels throw all sorts of stuff at me, yet it doesn't hold up very well.  Some of my buddies were at "Endor" and were beat up by a bunch of teddy bears with sticks.

• Funny 2

—Adam

5 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

Some of my buddies were at "Endor" and were beat up by a bunch of teddy bears with sticks.

Originally Endor was populated by Wookies. That would have been a lot less embarrassing for your buddies if the Wookies weren't changed to other marketing opportunities ... er ... a ... that is Ewoks at the last minute. 

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Originally Endor was populated by Wookies. That would have been a lot less embarrassing for your buddies if the Wookies weren't changed to other marketing opportunities ... er ... a ... that is Ewoks at the last minute. 

There are so many Star Wars episodes of Robot Chicken that come to mind, but the one that strikes me is the guy who pretended to be a bad ass fighter for the rebels and he was just there to change the toner on their printer.  The punch line was “And he got his own action figure!”

• Thumbs Up 1

—Adam

• Administrator

There is no golf in Star Wars canon.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

For those interested the guy who got hit as detailed in the thread, had 12 stitches in his lip. He went to our local cottage hospital and waited three hours to be seen. After he got to see a doctor he was told there was nothing they could do, and was send to another hospital 75 minutes away. Good old NHS

7 hours ago, iacas said:

There is no golf in Star Wars canon.

Sorry, Getting back on track. 

Although I've personally never been hit at the range I use (Westerville Golf Center). There have been many near misses. Because the range has a covered portion and there are two bays per section in the covered part, every now and then the other person in my section will hit one off the crown of their club, or hit a really high lofted club not realizing there's a roof right above them. The ball will rattle around in that section of the range like a pinball. Usually, there isn't enough speed left on it to really hurt anyone, but it can be quite exciting. Kinda like golf's version of Russian Roulette. 😁

I got hit by a friend of mine. I hooked my drive left into the trees and was looking for my ball when he slides a shot (he is lefty). Luckily it hit a branch before my arm.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I haven't been hit, but I witnessed someone get hit on Sunday. We were on a tee box, and an errant tee shot hit my playing partner on the arm. On the fly. That was a first for me - never seen it before. Fortunately, everybody was okay. The guy who got hit will have some fun bruising but will be fine otherwise.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I’ve been hit twice.

Once, by a fool who tried to hit a punch shot out of the trees. The ball hit a tree in front and ricocheted straight back into my chest.

The other time I was on a par 3 tee box. I heard something rustling in the trees near me, then a ball came down, bounced twice and hit me in the leg on the second bounce. I assumed he hit off the 5th tee and I was on the 7th. I’ve never seen anyone miss the ball that badly from 5 before, it’s 120 yards right of the center of the fairway.

1C7503EB-4808-4600-9AAE-A12ABF2AFB01.png

The guy hit a 180 yard drive 100 yards right of target.

• Funny 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I've been hit twice. 

Someone hit a shot out of a bunker, thinned it, and hit me in the calf. Thankfully, it had already travelled through some grass by the time it got to me, so it was more of a third bounce strike than a laser beam. 

The other time, I hit myself. I was walking nine holes after work and was pretty tired, and got sloppy on a swing and hit the tee marker with my shot. Ball ricocheted back at me and hit me in the ankle. That hurt like a motherf***er. I was like six holes in so I had to hobble the rest of the way in. 

• Funny 1

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I was a spectator at my son's college tournament. His group had just finished a 200 yard par 3 and I was walking up the cart path to the next tee when we heard someone yell fore. I couldn't see a ball as my back had been turned to the previous tee box plus there was a tree blocking that view. I got hit in the butt on the fly. It didn't hurt too much, probably because of the location I was hit plus I was bundled up due to the cold and windy weather.  I probably saved that kid a stroke because his ball took a favorable bounce whereas it probably would have had a tree between it and the green if it hadn't hit me. It turns out the kid who hit me played with my son the day before and is the son of one of our county commissioners who I was supposed to play a round with this summer, although he had to bail out at the last minute. I've never met the guy, but I remember his wife stopping by when he was running for commissioner. 

• Upvote 1

War Eagle!

29 minutes ago, The Flush said:

It turns out the kid who hit me played with my son the day before and is the son of one of our county commissioners who I was supposed to play a round with this summer, although he had to bail out at the last minute. I've never met the guy, but I remember his wife stopping by when he was running for commissioner. 

Welp, now you can call in a favor if you ever needed one...😉

• Funny 1

Vishal S.

On 1/1/2017 at 7:26 PM, Wanzo said:

Have you ever been hit by a golf ball?  I worked at a public course in high school and college. Our driving range was right next to the first hole, so when we picked up the range we had to walk around the first fairway to pick up errant range balls. I was waking the tree line between the 1st hole and the range when all of a sudden, Wham!, a ball someone hit from the range right off the back off my head. I think it was a glancing blow, but that was the first time I literally saw stars. 

About six weeks ago I witnessed someone hit in the mouth by a ball travelling over 100mph. His bottom lip was hanging over his chin. NOT pretty

Have had a couple rattle the trees nearby. My grandson son however was hit by a ricochet ball his dad hit.  He was in the trees and we were behind him and thought safe.  The ball glanced off one tree, centered on the second back to us.  Really shook us up and we think about it every time we go by that spot on that course. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star